The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Aliroz said:

My enjoyment of a movie is more based in who I see it with and when than the movie itself. If one of my siblings or cousins likes a movie, I'm more likely to like it.

When I saw Frozen in theaters with my cousins Joe and Ted, before Joe went to Germany for two years, it was basically the best movie I had ever seen.

But seeing it on a crowded plane with crying babies everywhere, it was dull and unenjoyable.

You guys are like that to me, sometimes. Your fun (They Breathe, Crusader Kings, Homestuck) becomes my fun. I really enjoy all of you guys here, and I want you to know that.

aww, thanks!

Anonus said:

mobile format?

you get Vanilla's mobile interface if you use HH on a mobile phone

oh. I'm looking at it on a tablet and it doesn't seem different...much
    Phones trigger it and tablets don't
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I see.

There are certain operations that the tablet interferes with, though. Alas
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Intentionally goofy Valentine's Day cards based off of anime characters are one of the better memes.
    among other things I will not be reading
    Crystal said:

Intentionally goofy Valentine's Day cards based off of anime characters are one of the better memes.

Also Texts From [Show].
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    I miss Yarrun
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Where is Yarrun?
    I dunno, he's taking time off I suppose.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Has anyone here heard from him lately?
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Recently, yes. He said that he was "on hiatus." I assume he'll be back eventually but I obviously can't say when.
    I can't sleep and I have a dental appointment in eight hours
  • Went to St Abbs and took a panoramic photo whilst the weather was nice. I managed to get a shot of a seagull mid flight in the photo.
    Morning, I am tired and sleepy and phone. Also that sounds rad tools.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Juror perks:

Private wifi
    Private restroom
    HDTV
    Free coffee
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Centie, do you think that england/Scotland is generally less transphobic than America?
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I wouldn't know, honestly. I haven't looked into that as much as I should...
  • edited 2016-08-01 16:22:51
    Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Oh Aliroz. There's a show airing this season that I think you'd like.

Sweetness & Lightning, all about a widower learning to make good food for his daughter with the help of a student of his (it doesn't get creepy no worries), and it has the most adorable energetic girl in it too. Who is also a little relatable. Mostly, the first thing that came to mind was "How would Ali dislike a show that's about enjoying a variety of good food?"

I'm also confident in saying Vash would enjoy it a fair bit too. And Centie and perhaps AU. And Tensei who totally hasn't seen it at all. And Jane.
    I'm in the cafeteria at the county courthouse and there's a truck driver at the table next to me discussing something with his lawyer

Apparently he drove many miles and was not paid for them

So uh if this case goes to trial I can't be on the jury because I already heard this guy talking to his lawyer
    and then CA got jury duty
  • Hit a creative road block
    such as what
  • Trying to sketch out my characters of my novel, and they went wrong.
  • guys I can't stop listening to the new Adele song
    a terrible fate
  • Advantage to being in the middle of nowhere: no light pollution, so on a clear night, all I can see is stars.
    how many?
  • TUMUT CREW REPRESENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tumut
    I've had a headache for like the last three days
    The popularity of steak makes me want to write long Sam Kriss-esque articles on how utterly foul and hopeless any civilization that can't imagine a better meal than steak is

I mean look at this and tell me you don't wish for the end of the West

"I enjoy playing WOW, I enjoy playing Lord of the Rings Online. But you know... I'm going to be a bit cheeky now, but if you've been to McDonalds for four or five years, and had your burger and your Coke, sometimes it's great to just have a great steak and a glass of good wine. I think that's what we're trying to do. It's more expensive, it's not for everyone and perhaps it's not as easily accessible as WOW is. But it could be more meaty."
    steak is vastly overrated, yes.

Only in a culture where steak is considered the apex of food could someone like Donald Trump run for president
  • how many?

All the stars

• TUMUT CREW REPRESENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tumut
    Odradek said:

The popularity of steak makes me want to write long Sam Kriss-esque articles on how utterly foul and hopeless any civilization that can't imagine a better meal than steak is

"I enjoy playing WOW, I enjoy playing Lord of the Rings Online. But you know... I'm going to be a bit cheeky now, but if you've been to McDonalds for four or five years, and had your burger and your Coke, sometimes it's great to just have a great steak and a glass of good wine. I think that's what we're trying to do. It's more expensive, it's not for everyone and perhaps it's not as easily accessible as WOW is. But it could be more meaty."
    Tbh I stopped eating meat and this still doesn't seem that bad to me
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    did a steak shoplift your city or something

were you attacked by the dread villain, steak woman
    Boney said:

can you take anything for it?
    Odradek said:

I don't like beef myself but you seem to abhor steak
    Anonus said:

Boney said:

can you take anything for it?
    Odradek said:

I don't like beef myself but you seem to abhor steak
    "I like to think of it as a steak. This is a game that's really a steak. It's deep, it's juicy, it's good. And tomorrow, I would love to have another steak. Some games aren't like that. They're much more like candy or cake. Oh, I'll eat cake, and now I'm sick of cake, I don't want it any more. I'm done. Borderlands is such a good game that it doesn't do that. It's got some magic there."

were you attacked by the dread villain, steak woman

that's not my name and you know it
    "With Facebook users, we're looking at that and we're seeing amazing things with the casual gaming space. What we're thinking is that some of those players will get tired of that fast food style of gameplay, and they'll want to graduate to something a bit more - whether that's a triple-A PC title or something in between. We know there are new gamers being exposed or created every day based on this social gaming phenomenon and the fact that it's free. It fits another time-niche. We're hoping that people will want to gravitate towards something with a bit more meat on it. You get tired of eating MacDonalds everyday and you want a steak sometimes. We're the steak."

"I think the PS3 is the Surf 'n Turf. You want the lobster and steak and you're going to give yourself the treat of getting the best thing on the menu. The PS2 is your favorite burger restaurant -- you go there for comfort food and it's just always good and is a good value.

"[As for the other two consoles], one [Wii] is a lollipop, and I'm too old for lollipops. The other one [Xbox 360] I get sick from once in a while because the cook isn't always reliable."

• Game devs do seem really fond of steak metaphors.

You forgot that the people who codemined The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth "ate a million dollar steak in one bite".
  • odradek i went on my 15 and you were tilting about steak

I'm now almost done with my 30 and you are tilting about steak
    Steak is the windmill. Where is Sancho Panza?
    A reminder that any future references to Peter Thiel should refer to him by his full title, Peter "Actual Vampire" Thiel.
    Jane said:

Game devs do seem really fond of steak metaphors.

You forgot that the people who codemined The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth "ate a million dollar steak in one bite".
    It's not just the steak metaphor, it's the binary between McDonalds and "a good steak" with all other kinds of food and human experience left out.

On one side you have a mass-marketed product put out as fast as possible as cheaply as possible, and on the other side you have an indeterminate hunk of meat from the most costly and energy inefficient livestock.

It's a perfect metaphor for #Content
    Now I am done.
    what is a determinate hunk of meat
    Like, a turkey leg?

Or a chicken wing.
    "costly and energy inefficient"

we are no longer friends
    and that's why you only play the early Zelda movies
    Odradek said:

Jane said:

Game devs do seem really fond of steak metaphors.

It's not just the steak metaphor, it's the binary between McDonalds and "a good steak" with all other kinds of food and human experience left out.

On one side you have a mass-marketed product put out as fast as possible as cheaply as possible, and on the other side you have an indeterminate hunk of meat from the most costly and energy inefficient livestock.

It's a perfect metaphor for #Content
    Honestly, when I think of the true "middlebrow," rather than what smug people choose to call that, I think of people who use steak metaphors. "I am sophisticated because I like Steak Content and shun Fast Food Content."