The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• personally I pride my self on being costly and energy inefficient
  • TUMUT CREW REPRESENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tumut
    Anonus said:

Boney said:

I've had a headache for like the last three days

can you take anything for it?
    I don't have anything and I don't want to buy anything... I'm going to try to r&r it away probably
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    steak is generally referred to by the part of the cow it is from
  • where on a cow is the trump then
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    we have many round parts
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Actually, cows are pyramids.
    that is an illuminati lie
  • kill living beings
    wikipedia has this map of scandinavia and it took me like five minutes to figure out where it was and then and it's not upside down or anything. shapes: hard. and yes that is denmark i know
  • I'd have recognized it immediately but only because of ck2 tbh
  • Thought: if I was tasked with making a 00's period piece, my approach would be to:
    *go for a waaaay oversaturated blue/orange look
    *4:3 and shitty image quality
    *cram frames with clutter

...idk why but the 00's strike me as a very junk-y clutter-y clash-y decade
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    That's because they were
  • edited 2016-08-02 05:07:23
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Everything wrong with mid-1990s graphic design just metastasized during the 2000s
  • Perhaps, but we've made a steady amount of progress since 2012 or so.

It's unfortunate that it took the hand of Apple to force the change, but we've gotten Material Design and the more recent revisions of Metro out of it, as well as a resurgence of abstraction in the realm of logos and the like. It's quite interesting, because I feel like it's the first time people around my age got to see the change happen in real time (as I was too young to notice the transitions away from neon and chrome that happened in the early 90's).
    it happened so fast too

personally I find the omnipresence of geometric sans serifs that fit a certain template kind of oppressive, like we can't use any other types of sans serifs anymore
    like, i dunno, it feels like the current flat design trend has like two or three stock characteristics that aren't often deviated from

it's better than the junky ethos of the 2000s though - the 2000s were a pretty junky decade in general and the prevailing aesthetic reflected that
  • I'm excited to see how the flat trend evolves. Hopefully we'll see more implementations that integrate a stronger sense of weight and layering as it becomes more prevalent. Love me some thin drop shadows. :P
  • WiFi whoring at a dinky little cafe that I want to decorate my house like.

It's vintage and hippy-esque
  • Heard this song on the radio, it's a remix of this song and I think I've found a new group to listen to
  • I just relaunched my blog. (The longform one, not Trespeak.)

New name, new look, still Tre. Been working for a couple days now to get it where I wanted it to be, but it's looking good, and I think I'll be happy with putting my stuff there going forward. If you're on Tumblr and you weren't following already, now's as good a time as ever to start.

✌🏾️
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Ye Yahoos mourn, for in this Place 
    Lies dead the Glory of your Race, 
    One, who from Adam had Descent, 
    Yet ne’er did what he might repent; 
    But liv’d, unblemish’d, to fifteen, 
    And yet, O strange, a Court had seen, 
    Was solely rul’d by Nature’s Laws, 
    And dy’d a Martyr in her Cause! 
    Now reign, ye Houynhnms, for Mankind, 
    Have no such Peter left behind, 
    None like the dear departed Youth, 
    Renown’d for Purity and Truth, 
    He was your Rival, and our Boast, 
    For ever, ever, ever lost!
  • edited 2016-08-02 13:40:19
    Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Tre said:

I just relaunched my blog. (The longform one, not Trespeak.)

New name, new look, still Tre. Been working for a couple days now to get it where I wanted it to be, but it's looking good, and I think I'll be happy with putting my stuff there going forward. If you're on Tumblr and you weren't following already, now's as good a time as ever to start.

✌🏾️
    Sweet, will follow if I'm not already sometime today.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    i have been trying to install my copy of Office 16, which i already paid for, all day, and i'm at my wit's end :(
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Ugh, sorry.
    nothing i have tried has worked, and i don't understand why this is so difficult

sometimes i think i'm moving in the right direction and then i hit worse problems . . . the solution for one error code i got, 30016-22, apparently involves switching off Defender, but i literally can't do that, the option to is greyed out for some unfathomable reason, and the fixes for this i'm finding online involve software that doesn't exist in the home edition of windows 10
    i'm in that stubborn mood now where i REFUSE to go to sleep/do anything else until i have this fixed, AND subsequently get to do all the things i was planning to do before this problem sucked up all my time
  • kill living beings
    can you call microsoft
    it's gone midnight here so probably not?
  • kill living beings
    or, you know, email them, stuff like that

tech support is the advantage of buying software, take advantage
    yeah, i guess you're right

after spending almost a whole day on this, the idea of having to wait however long for somebody to get back to me is pretty dispiriting

i was hoping i could fix it myself
    i wish i could go back in time to when i wasn't so wound up, and have some free time to spend relaxing and being not-stressed before i start work again tomorrow :(
    i should probably have prefaced this story with "so i was trying to choose what drive i wanted the programs installed on and Microsoft wasn't letting me, so i looked up some instructions online which said to edit the registry, which i did, and that's when the problems started"

probably i am just an idiot

anyway it's apparently working, apparently the solution was as simple as running a quick repair and accepting that it just HAS to be on my SSD

i should feel happy about this but i feel defeated
  • Insomnia woo
  • I hate my fucking face
    why?

*offers hug*
  • I have acne at 22 years old

On my chin this time, so I can't hide it.

*hugs*
  • TUMUT CREW REPRESENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tumut
    I really really need to go but there's so much traffic it sucks
    I have occasional acne and I'm considerably past 22.

I spent most of today being depressed, but not about that.
    Red Letter Media is the worst thing to happen to film criticism in my lifetime
    Reading the SA film discussion board

And here we have the advocation of executive/committee/management based movie making and arguing for the death of an actual creative voice behind a film. We are actually celebrating mediocrity and the idea of building franchise films devoid of any creative voice or identity by just following a homogenised formula set by some upper level management.

This more than anything else is why the MCU is so terrible. They've successfully sold a narrative where executive meddling is celebrated and everyone cheers while utterly average, bland, forgettable movies with workmanlike cinematography that any half decent cable TV show easily surpasses get churned out on a regular basis to critical acclaim.

• This is essentially the same thing I've been saying about the music industry for years, but no one cares.
  • Having a dippy egg with toast because I am a 22 year old who can do what she wants
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Never had dippy eggs, now that I think about it. Sound good though.
    Of course, this premise that 'trying too hard is worse than not trying at all,' that the invisibility of the spectacle is preferable to testing the audience and risking their vitriolic rejection, forces a series of comorbid premises which adopt vague memes: Mediocrity is good, 87% of cape-man movies are "fresh" (conveniently benefiting whichever corporation just manufactures the most of them), the problem with the cinematic minority lies with the absence of "color" and trying too hard to be "edgy," etc. Meanwhile, virtually never in this discourse are particular scenes cited, shots juxtaposed, cuts analyzed, dialog deconstructed, criticism merely persists on the level of vague memetic subscription. It's almost like debating Ed Wood, "Filmmaking isn't about the little details, it's about the big picture!"
  • edited 2016-08-03 22:49:24
    Wishing the sun would cool down so I could go outside for a walk. Freaking summer heat.
    where do you live, if that's okay to ask?
  • Somewhere in California. Probably not as hot as other places but still..
  • here in Minnesota it's 85

if it gets any warmer I won't be able to wear a jacket :<
  • here in Minnesota it's 85

if it gets any warmer I won't be able to wear a jacket :<

Ehyuhhyuhhyuhhyuh!