The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• spray painted vegetables, the darkness calls

• how oddly appropriate for exactly this--and only this--particular exchange of posts while I have this avatar
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Jane said:

what is the last one you saw

"Restaurant Wars"
  • No you didn't miss anything I just like Peridot a lot.

I find her relatable.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Chrome 53 renders emoji in color, at least on Windows 10

👸🏻
  • We set off on our holiday, and we get to the M1 only to find that one side is at a standstill due to an accident and the other side has roadworks.
  • I have cooked a variety of noodles. Wheat noddles, corn noodles, rice noodles, and shredded zucchini pretending to 8e noodles.
  • edited 2016-07-29 15:05:24

dreamed I started watching the last season of the Heapers' Hangout anime

Jane paid an alien real estate agent 50 cents to become a paddle boat operating werewolf lady with a sword and a hidden past
  • also dream Heapers' Hangout anime tidbits:

it initially started as a slice of life anime before becoming more and more serious, but if never really lost its heart

who the fuck was that frog dude?

Christian extremists put up a billboard campaign arguing that people are meant to stay on the "tin coffin" of earth not the "tin-plutonium coffin" of the stars

the color palette in the river scene was gorgeous
  • my dream last night involved chickens and the angry video game nerd and me meeting a twitter friend irl

I have no memory of how these things were connected, if they were at all
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    I'm basically high. Huh.
  • I'm in Scotland!
  • kill living beings

Christian extremists put up a billboard campaign arguing that people are meant to stay on the "tin coffin" of earth not the "tin-plutonium coffin" of the stars

good point
  • Jane paid an alien real estate agent 50 cents to become a paddle boat operating werewolf lady with a sword and a hidden past

me irl
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Half of my face is n u m b.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    This reads like it was written by a 15 year old who calls people Tumblrinas IRL
  • I have a bathroom to myself.

And a double bed to myself.
  • Montreal to Montreux
    Toolsie said:

I have a bathroom to myself.

And a double bed to myself.

a bunk bed?
  • Nope, a king sized double bed to myself.
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    Odradek said:
    I thought it was fine, if a bit condescending, until #1, with the weird humblebragging and the idea that knowing who Kim Kardashian is is somehow the key to understanding society.
    Toolsie said:

Nope, a king sized double bed to myself.

cool
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch

Admittedly, these moments, when the left – broadly defined – stir the passions as effectively as any demagogue of the right are rare. Perhaps the last one we witnessed in Britain came four years ago this week, with Danny Boyle’s opening ceremony for the London Olympics. It showed a Britain that was proud and strong, one relaxed in the variety of all its different faces and open to the world.

and at the time, i was incensed, cuz the whole thing felt insincere and naff to me, cuz it wasn't a showcase of geniune British traditions and the best dramatic and musical talent we could produce, it was a lot of propaganda imagery, and history simplified to fit a narrative

it's weird cuz when i think back to it, there was a lot there that on paper i should have loved, from an ideological standpoint at least, but i guess i just didn't believe it, it felt like they half-assed it

this worries me, this politics of emotion thing. politics of compassion, sure, but people like Trump who put on a show and the facts be damned, that's not ok, that should never be something you get away with

i think of how our MPs seem to think tribalist point-scoring is how you 'win', you need to humiliate the 'enemy', you're not working towards a common cause of finding the policies that are best for the country, and i just get so depressed </rant>
    by the by @Anonus would you call a bunk bed a 'double bed'?  or was the phrase 'double bed' unfamiliar?

just curious
  • When I hear double-bed I think of a double-wide bed.
    that's what it usually means, in mine and Toolsie's dialect anyway
    generally, a bed for couples
    Tachyon said:

by the by @Anonus would you call a bunk bed a 'double bed'?  or was the phrase 'double bed' unfamiliar?

just curious

i don't hear it much

"bunk bed" is what Americans use for that
    ah

what would you call a double bed for couples?
  • at work

on break

feel kinda sick

double is an "official" sort of bed size that's common over here ime
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Hereabouts, a double bed is a particular size of bed, like a twin, full size, queen or king.
    that's how it is here
    The movie "Chicken Run" was where I first heard the use of the word "holiday" to mean "vacation"

Here holiday just means special days, like Thanksgiving and Christmas, some of which you get off from work and some of which you don't. We just use vacation to describe work-free trips away from home.
    i'm pretty sure i first encountered 'vacation' in Saturday morning cartoons, but the first time i had a clear idea what it meant was Pikachu's Vacation and whenever i see that word the theme song starts playing in my head

See this song starts playing in MY head
    Because of the Rugrats vacation episode.
    i don't think i saw that one

i didn't watch cartoons on the BBC that often, i saw Rugrats occasionally but probably didn't see that many episodes
  • life update Swag Means Secretly We Are Gay coworker bought several RA Salvatore novels I am in hell

life update Swag Means Secretly We Are Gay coworker bought several RA Salvatore novels I am in hell

Lol sorry
  • It seems like every time I see the name "R. A. Salvatore" I think "Oh, the Choose Your Own Adventure guy?" and then it turns out that that was R. A. Montgomery and I'm disappointed

The Race Forever was some fucked up shit if I recall correctly. Had you dying in the forests of Africa and whatnot.
  • kill living beings
    naturalist's guide, huh...
  • kill living beings
    "
    Thanks
    to
    my
    wife
    (for
    working
    so
    cheap),"
  • I ffound a first edition copy of Beckett's Endgame
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Tachyon said:

just curious

I'm from Ohio, and I take "double bed" to mean a bed wide enough to sleep two people.

That said, I've far more often heard them referred to by their specific size. Twin, Full, Queen, King, California King.
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Sushi Roll, king of California.

Tachyon said:

just curious

I'm from Ohio, and I take "double bed" to mean a bed wide enough to sleep two people.

That said, I've far more often heard them referred to by their specific size. Twin, Full, Queen, King, California King.
    same, minus "California King"
    i have heard those terms but we use different ones over here, and the ones we have aren't really used outside catalogues, you just say if it's a 'single' or a 'double' normally

also 'California King' is just a RHCP lyric as far as i'm concerned