The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    iirc California rolls were invented in Canada
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Arguably, "California King" is less a size in its own right and more a variation on King size.
  • edited 2016-07-30 02:02:10
    kill living beings

Because they have four arms, they attack twice as often as two-armed opponents of similar ability.

u srs game
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Did you search that out just because of the name?
  • kill living beings
    no, i searched it out because it's a monster manual and i like that kinda thing.
  • kill living beings
    this one kinda sucks though, not a huge surprise

ariane are "among the most unusual" of peoples. they're elves with dark skin and Strange Mystic Doctrines. bring on the squids, dammit
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    moo
  • kill living beings
    no cows either. terrible
    unacceptable.
    my new computer isn't working anymore :(

it doesn't turn on or anything, it just seems completely dead

idk what happened even, i just feel sad

i finally found the time to install the necessary drivers today, sure was nice having a functioning decent computer for all of 5 hours or so
  • Probably an electronic bit on the inside worked itself loose somehow.
    and i couldn't figure how to get this one to update to windows 10, it froze up whenever i tried, so i'm back exactly where i was before, except this laptop overheats and crashes without warning increasingly often
  • life update Swag Means Secretly We Are Gay coworker bought several RA Salvatore novels I am in hell

he smells.like he doesn't know what deodorant is and is about to have a conniption fit over hanging up clothes?
    Jane said:

Probably an electronic bit on the inside worked itself loose somehow.

maybe

i guess i'll check

i feel like if i weren't tired and hungry i'd be freaking out about this but i just feel sort of resigned, like, oh well, everything is crappy as usual
    i couldn't find anything wrong, but i closed it up again, plugged it in and switched it on and now it seems to be working again

i don't even know

sorry for being a baby about this
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Computers are weird.
    Yeah.

Hi Crystal.

life update Swag Means Secretly We Are Gay coworker bought several RA Salvatore novels I am in hell

he smells.like he doesn't know what deodorant is and is about to have a conniption fit over hanging up clothes?
    Now I just feel bad for him
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Tachyon said:

i couldn't find anything wrong, but i closed it up again, plugged it in and switched it on and now it seems to be working again

i don't even know

sorry for being a baby about this

Sometimes things are wrong in such a way that the mere act of checking on them clears up whatever fault was present.

For example, if there was a connection that was just too loose, touching it when you check that it was connected could reseat it and get things working again.

So...yeah, you're fine. That stuff happens.
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    What Centie said.

Hi Tach.
  • I do too now honestly
  • I feel like im the smartest person at my workplace and idk how I feel about that
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Statistically, it will happen.
    Here's to you Nicola and Bart
  • It's better than feeling like the stupidest which is consistently how I felt at all of my jobs so far.

(and given that the last place I applied to was a college it will probably continue to hold true)
    My supervisor treats me like an Actual Princess and I think that's funny, especially since I'm not out at work

Like she'll assign me a task but then she'll be all "Here's a cushion to sit on so that chair's less uncomfortable. Let me aim these fans at you. I'll go get you a radio so you can listen to music while you work."
    I am the best speller at my place of employment, on that everyone agrees.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

My supervisor treats me like an Actual Princess and I think that's funny, especially since I'm not out at work

Like she'll assign me a task but then she'll be all "Here's a cushion to sit on so that chair's less uncomfortable. Let me aim these fans at you. I'll go get you a radio so you can listen to music while you work."
    :3
    DOLLAR DEPOT STORES LTD
    1696 PENNYWISE PKWY
    COLERAIN 5D7
    Thumb status: ok actually
    embed of "Thumb" by Kyuss goes here

Thumb status: ok actually

I noticed you haven't been talking about it as much
  • Dyed hair problems: use dry shampoo to prolong colour but make me look like a lion with big fluffy hair, or get my hair wet to produce some proper curls that are actually curly, but lose my colour a lot quicker.
    Second-to-last night in my childhood home

So...yeah

Second-to-last night in my childhood home

So...yeah

*hugs*
    *hugs*
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    TIL that there are still people who espouse the health benefits of radon.
    Still awake at 5AM
    https://twitter.com/dril/status/376388639476830209

Gettin' real tired of people referencing this tweet
  • fight. dream. horse. love.
    is it about Jill Stein and vaccines 

it's about Jill Stein and vaccines, isn't it
  • is it about Jill Stein and vaccines 

You took a risk and I'm sad to say it didn't pay off

• fight. dream. horse. love.
    story of my fucking life, smh
    The lucking fife, a mystical instrument that grants good fortune to all who hear it. Alas, it deafens the user.

Every time people have wanted to whine about liberals
  • Just demolished a cherry scone.
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Odradek said:

Every time people have wanted to whine about liberals
    She's Green Party, not Democrat, though.
    I am at the place we are staying at in Ocean City.

It's a shithole, but at least it's on the beach and there's an ocean view
  • it turns out that we get... no sick days

further strongly reconsidering employment here
  • and no vacation time for your first six months

yyyyyeeeaaahhhhh