The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• kill living beings
    here in washington it's 102. if it gets any cooler i won't be able to wear my jacket that i've ripped the stuffing out of so i could replace it with liquid helium
  • My dreams exceed my real life
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Kristen, you look burnt, or DEAD.

#SquadGoals
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    ... Huh. Insect!Magus Sisters.
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
  • you know what's worse is the internal disconsistency with which people treat genre deconstructions such as for example Madoka Magica, and people like, they want that to be all things, so when an episode of Steven Universe doesn't crush their soul, they are upset.

It's like playing dice and expecting to get a full house. That's what it's like.

You know what I mean Odradek
  • What is it like to play chess with a horse
    Jane said:

What is it like to play chess with a horse

They will get mad at you if you argue the horse pieces are actually knights
  • They can be horses and knights also I think this is a solution that is agreeable to everyone.
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    The birds are castles.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Jane said:

you know what's worse is the internal disconsistency with which people treat genre deconstructions such as for example Madoka Magica, and people like, they want that to be all things, so when an episode of Steven Universe doesn't crush their soul, they are upset.

It's like playing dice and expecting to get a full house. That's what it's like.

You know what I mean Odradek

The further irony is that, while Madoka Magica is deconstructive, and does examine certain elements of its chosen genre in the process, it's not a deconstruction of its genre. Like, there are shows that deconstruct their genres. Neon Genesis Evangelion does by the end. But what people seem to expect is the aspect of subversion and darkening through examination, which is only a single, relatively shallow aspect of deconstruction.
  • zlook, listen, look.

What the people want

is they want Dragonball Z, and they want Jasper t be Vegeta.

But it's not gonn happen, because Toonami only airs on Saturdays now.

I am sorry, but this is the truth.

Pce.
  • let me educate you about television

I am professro TV

I willbe your guide for this evening ' s programs of the learning. Please strap yours eats in and get ready to read and roll
  • look. listen

everyone need sto listen to my words right now. iz

cuz i am wize and i am the queen of tv-land. 

my gemsona is just a piece of coal. just you need tou nderstand that ik now things and most people do not know the things I know. I'm prettzy sharp is what I'm trying to say here is what I'm staying.
    Like, what PMMM is, is a deconstruction of "moral tragedies," particularly the "be careful what you wish for" variety, what they mean to a given audience and why people want that sort of moral cause and effect and how they relate to some of the darker overtones in the magical girl genre and all that; and NGE is a deconstruction of giant robot shows insofar as it examines the elements of escape and projection and power fantasy in giant robot shows and what the robot and the enemies mean and why people want to jump in the robot to begin with even when the experience should quasi-objectively terrify and repulse them were it real. Both seriously go all in with understanding, dissecting and revealing their own premises on as many levels as possible, but the former isn't about the kind of setting and format it's in, but the kind of emotional story it's ostensibly presenting.
  • Look. listen. I get that. You get. You get that. Your words and such are wize. And they are good words and I am listening to them.

but OK. Right ow. I need to you listen to me. Like, listen, buz like.

people wants the Jasper, and then when she hshows up and is bad people are like 'no we did not want this jasper" nd that's wrong. That's a weisdom that people need to learn. That they cannot want the jasper abut also complain about the jasper when they get it. That is the wrong way to interpret z the gjasepr
  • and you are right. lke. PM/z it's fOUSt right. Like it's faust.

like that but like. It's also a mgacgical girl that. Because wish fulfillment, and also wishes. Wishes are like. Kind of like what happens in Fuast. SO it's like fauts. In that way. In the iwish way.

Yes.
  • also

i think that

shinji should not be faulted f

for now ttwanting to get in the robot

i mena, would you

its' NOT EVEN robot
  • you need to unzdrsdldkf that conversations are hard when it 's 9 in the mring (9) in the morning
  • it's mostly ust like

loops and they're funny. You know

funny loops.

it's like a wONDERPOST but more like  LOOPs and those LOOPS are FULL OF WONDER

that is the kind of thing that you traffick in when it is nine z(n) in the morning
    Jane.

Go to bed. You're posting like you're really, really drunk.

It's hilarious but definitely future regret fuel.
  • no listen

i have to be up to go to hte sore
  • fight. dream. horse. love.
    You know, when I'm sleep deprived I just get bored and depressied and scroll through Twitter mindlessly...
    Not when you're this rekt.

You're typing like you're the Titanic and you just hit the iceberg. And the iceberg was made of vodka. It was a vodka iceberg.
    If you're sailing in -27c seas, I think you have bigger problems than the vodka iceberg.
  • Not when you're this rekt.

You're typing like you're the Titanic and you just hit the iceberg. And the iceberg was made of vodka. It was a vodka iceberg.

no i really haeve perfect commandf of what i'm saying it's hrd to type coherently though when you're this tired czus my laptops keyoard is real small and your hands just flinda flopple all over it like whoop a whoop de doo

I can type normally if I go really slow

but ssssssssssssorta ia am just hoping th every one here knows me waell enough to know that i am just tired and sleepy znd silly and doenst care much

You know, when I'm sleep deprived I just get bored and depressied and scroll through Twitter mindlessly...

I seem basically the same but whinier and more prone to awful jokes and advanced similes. This is also true of me when I am drunk or accidentally high on some sort of medication. I am a happy drunk by nature. Generally I am most maudlin when I am intensely awake and hideously depressed. Which is different from being overcaffeinated and depressed. Then I am pissed off and a bit difficult.
  • and look. listen.

This is closer to hwo i think than whow i normally tpy.e I thi nk most people think in fully sentences but i really sort of dont' the words just kind of fit together ay wirerd angles and then, they you know they go together and you put them bakto tgether in a differnet order so people know what m you mean them by, and that is how one person talks to another po or at leats that is how i tal k to another persons

nnd i suppose when i am at my lopppoies t i am just trustng no one her to seriously judgem e or think me bad or annyoing or stupzi because of it
    Jane said:

Not when you're this rekt.

no i really haeve perfect commandf of what i'm saying it's hrd to type coherently though when you're this tired czus my laptops keyoard is real small and your hands just flinda flopple all over it like whoop a whoop de doo

I can type normally if I go really slow

but ssssssssssssorta ia am just hoping th every one here knows me waell enough to know that i am just tired and sleepy znd silly and doenst care much
    Not caring about diminshed motor control is very drunky, though.

I do find your presence pleasant and entertaining but I worry because you should sleep! I woke up in the late afternoon but I am pretty sure you woke up like a normal person...
  • no i okwek

i woke up at6 yesetdrday. pm.
    The finale to Planetarian is today and all shall be despair.
    Huh. So I've been awake a lot longer than you.

Weird.

Still. I personally need to go to bed, but I want to listen to another album...

Nah. Goodnight. Don't torch the place while I'm gone or Steven-spam the place into the ground.
  • The finale to Planetarian is today and all shall be despair.

OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
  • Huh. So I've been awake a lot longer than you.

Weird.

Still. I personally need to go to bed, but I want to listen to another album...

Nah. Goodnight. Don't torch the place while I'm gone or Steven-spam the place into the ground.

bee bee

sleep time

stleep stime

sleep tight, there wago
    Odradek said:
    In Wizard of Oz, the Wicked Witch of the West is a VILLAIN but in Wicked she's the hero! WTF? What were you even thinking?
  • For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
    Odradek said:

Odradek said:
    In Wizard of Oz, the Wicked Witch of the West is a VILLAIN but in Wicked she's the hero! WTF? What were you even thinking?
    Which is particularly ironic, since Cracked have, in other articles, claimed that Glinda was the true villain of The Wizard of Oz.
  • photoplasyty is done by random readrs though
    Well, yes, but it's another reason (on top of the one Odra alluded to) I would have expected one of the Cracked editors to reject that entry.
    That wasn't there, but it might as well have been

meow

NO YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND
    Woomie.
    Odradek said:

That wasn't there, but it might as well have been

Those seem like rather petty details to get hung up on. And if you're not going to reinterpret your source material somehow, what's even the point of a remake? But admittedly, I'm not a big enough fan of the originals to get hung up even if a remake is objectively terrible.

If you're gonna complain about The Jungle Book (2016), why not bring up the point that Mowgli stays in the jungle, rather than returning to man? But apparently the entire remake has this subtext about immigration? And why do so few people care about the books when they talk about Faithfulness To The Source Material?
  • man you know what movie people really don't understand

evangaVENGABOYs

GET IN THE FUCKING BUS SHINJI