The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Having no knowledge of Yu-Gi-Oh other than the anime, I can already tell that that card is banned harder than the Power Nine.
  • edited 2016-06-08 16:06:09

Having no knowledge of Yu-Gi-Oh other than the anime, I can already tell that that card is banned harder than the Power Nine.

it actually took a fair amount of time to get banned

because it was published well before the cards that made it actually well and truly broken i.e. tuner monsters

it also says a lot about the game that that fluffy customer is a common
  • sent him to the Shadow Realm with my Rescue Cat
  • ok I'm looking at the current banlist

1. just glancing over things there are at least 50 cards on the limited list

2. Black Luster Soldier, one of the three main reasons that the forbidden/limited list was created in the first place, isn't even on the list anymore because power creep has rendered him like, average

3. thousand eyes restrict is no longer banned, because the cards that made him broken are now banned, because they went on to do even more broken things I presume
  • Mordecai said:

sent him to the Shadow Realm with my Rescue Cat

ok, now im gonna explain how the history of the cat

he was published in Flaming Eternity, which had a minor Beast subtheme, all the way back in 2005 and he was generally looked over because there really weren't any useful things for him to grab?

and this continued for another 5ish years until the introduction of synchro monsters, which are the main feature of 5DS aka card games on motorcycles

you summon a synchro monster from your extra deck in much the same way you'd summon a fusion monster, but rather than having specific summon requirements and needing a spell to do the summoning, all you needed to do is sac monsters whose levels added to the synchro monster's level, one of which had to be a tuner

so basically that makes Rescue Cat read: "sac this, grab a level 6 or lower monster from your extra deck"

the monster you're grabbing will almost certainly be this:

a giant beatstick which repeatedly steals monsters

pretty good for a turn-one play, no?
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    https://www.reddit.com/r/badliterature/comments/4mvol7/in_which_not_even_those_living_a_hundred_years/

This subreddit is so negative so much of the time, I should stop reading it
  • I've said it before but like

Magic is roughly 50/50 Flash and Crunch.

YuGiOh is like 90-95% Flash.
  • 2. Black Luster Soldier, one of the three main reasons that the forbidden/limited list was created in the first place, isn't even on the list anymore because power creep has rendered him like, average

3. thousand eyes restrict is no longer banned, because the cards that made him broken are now banned, because they went on to do even more broken things I presume

oh hey those are cards I've heard of
  • ^^ I never get tired of you explaining how Yu-Gi-Oh is inherently broken

it isn't as broken as an equivalent play in Magic would be because in yu-gi-oh like half your deck is spot removal of one sort or another
  • it's not something you have to do, it's just what ygo cards are like?

like, even the most casual tabletop deck is going to be doing these things
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    The existential-ontological constitution of Dasein’s totality is grounded in temporality
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Dasein's totality is GROUNDED
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    The Flying Witch soundtrack is $40 and that hurts. Also I don't have a play-asia account.
  • for $40 it better come on colored vinyl or something
  • kill living beings
    lesson learned: when it's unbearably hot for a week, the next time you're in an uncovered bus stop with groceries, the heavens shall open against Noah
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Imicalf

Filly Avenue

Naneykitten

Puppynonus

Crystalchick
  • edited 2016-06-09 03:43:46
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Usually I can at least tell what the words are supposed to be but "detceraninst" and "ottort" have me stumped.

Unless this is the Chinese equivalent of the thing Americans do where they put vaguely Chinese or Japanese-looking text on T-shirts without actually knowing what they mean.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Basically I love how "I don't understand the foreign text on this t-shirt but I think it looks cool" is a fad that seems to be present across many cultures
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    bellwether, huh
    I knew you'd comment on that
    btw if anyone wants editing privileges on the Centralia wiki let me know and I'll set something up for you

it used to be open to everyone but we got spammers so it was easiest to keep it invitation-only

i feel like...

we've discussed this before?
    Indeed we have, like two years ago when I started writing down stuff about Centralia for the first time!
    @Yarrun: I found the original!

Now I wish I'd consulted that when writing the wiki page.

Some rewriting is in order.
    You see this clock?

For years I've thought this piece of junk was broken because I couldn't get it to tick when I put a battery in it.

Tonight I took it down to see how hard it would be to disassemble it and replace the movement.

...and I noticed that it has a tiny "START/STOP" switch on the back, which was in the "STOP" position.

So I shoved in a battery, switched it to "START", and what do you know, tick tock, it works just fine.

I feel stupid now, though in my defense, I've never seen a clock with that feature before. Why would anyone want to switch off a wall clock?
  • Can I add something to Centralian folklore if I can find where I originally put it
  • aha, this thing

idk I thought it was a good idea but maybe it's not whimsical enough for Centralia.
    Sure!
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I guess if you weren't gonna use that clock for a while - say, you're moving and it'll be packed away - you could switch it off to save the battery.
  • Took me three attempts to get my bloody contact lenses in this morning.

First attempt: right lense was irritating my eye for unknown reasons. Took them out, threw them away, opened a new pair.

Second attempt: left lense was was irritating my eye due to being scratched and damaged. Took them out, threw them away, opened a new pair.

Third attempt: made sure no hair was in the way. Nailed it.
  • I have daily disposables, if you were wondering why I was throwing them away.
  • And due my eyes being awkward, the axis of each eye is different.
    I slept about 4 hours and now can't get back to sleep. Figures.
  • Not a hybrid rabbit-skink spirit
    Man I like the idea of Centralia being some kind of Lovecraftian town where you can't reach it by an known method of transportation and the street signs mysteriously replace themselves when needed

the signs have eyes
  • Had to walk home from the shops because I lost my bus ticket

With a bag full of shopping

Whilst wearing dark skinny jeans

In 20 degree sunlight

FML
  • I now have a blood blister on my shoulder which I didn't know was a blood blister until it burst and spurted blood everywhere.
  • OMFG

I clicked open a scam email and now I'm scared that my bank details have been accessed.

I haven't clicked anything, but I'm still scared. 
  • Should have fucking known that it was scam
    You're probably fine as long as you didn't download attachments or images
    And as long as you didn't click links in b the email
  • I'm sure I didn't click any of the links...

I'm just frantically trying to find my online banking details so I can be doubly sure that nothing is going out of my bank.
  • I definitely didn't download anything.
  • I'm sure nothing has happened and it's just my GAD rearing its ugly head
  • I have found my details, and all my money is where I left it. 

Phew.

I can relax now. 

I'll check my account for a week or so, and if there is any money that is missing that I didn't take out, then I'll go to the bank. 
    I did eventually manage to fall asleep again, for a few hours.

I'm feeling pretty good right now.