The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• Jane said:

I think the idea that villains are not inherently strong or even competent is a very interesting one and one that very few mainstream works of fiction deal with in any capacity.

Mind you I have not seen enough movies to comment on that particular idea's presence there specifically, but, you know.
    Kylo Ren was pretty popular, so I think if nothing else there will be imitators.

• I wish I remembered who Kylo reminded me of while I was watching TFA, because I know I had seen weird pathetic villains like him before
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    Kexruct said:

Jane said:

I think the idea that villains are not inherently strong or even competent is a very interesting one and one that very few mainstream works of fiction deal with in any capacity.

Mind you I have not seen enough movies to comment on that particular idea's presence there specifically, but, you know.
    Kylo Ren was pretty popular, so I think if nothing else there will be imitators.

I’m not one to say things like “male tears”, but that’s the only thing that comes to mind here.
  • Kexruct your presence is requested in my thread.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    “It’s Raining Men,” and “Let the Bodies Hit the Floor,” are about the same event, but wildly different perspectives.
  • kill living beings
    imitators of the darth vader imitator...
  • the xerox effect
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

machismo is overrated, in both protagonists and antagonists

yes!
    protagonists especially
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    good to see someone agrees with me
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    I agree too.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    me too
    cool, I am popular again!
    Seriously though, I feel like we could use more non-macho characters in the media
  • kill living beings
    AOL
    is the reason Time Warner bled to death, and then fell into my stomach
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Odradek said:

“It’s Raining Men,” and “Let the Bodies Hit the Floor,” are about the same event, but wildly different perspectives.

Whoa!
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I wanna marry Anonus
    He wants to marry you too
    (2015 self)
    You two should get married.
  • I will officiate the ceremony with the power vested in me by the Great Moon God Hwatcham
    (2015 self)
    And I will, um, distract any protesters or wedding crashers with my fundamentalist mind control powers that I totally have.
  • kill living beings
    And my axe
  • Jane said:

Incidentally Odie's Lucky Charms metaphor is similar to why I don't like the writing in the Borderlands games.

I'm of the opinion that Borderlands as a series is kinda like Cinnamon Toast Crunch: extremely appealing to a certain subset of people and far, far too exaggerated for others.

By that logic, I guess Destiny would be Golden Grahams: similar, but not as innately satisfying.
  • edited 2016-06-08 05:28:56
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    all this general mills talk makes me want to watch moose and squirrel
  • Perhaps this shouldn't be a huge surprise, but I like CTC a ton and will happily take Golden Grahams if they're available.

Not with milk, though, fuck that shit.
  • Tre said:

Jane said:

Incidentally Odie's Lucky Charms metaphor is similar to why I don't like the writing in the Borderlands games.

I'm of the opinion that Borderlands as a series is kinda like Cinnamon Toast Crunch: extremely appealing to a certain subset of people and far, far too exaggerated for others.

By that logic, I guess Destiny would be Golden Grahams: similar, but not as innately satisfying.
    oh I like Borderlands (well, Borderlands 2) a lot.

I just can't stand the writing.
  • I haven't eaten cinnamon toast crunch in years but I bought some today because it was on sale

haven't had any yet though

this seemed like a more useful thing to post before I started typing it but I'm still gonna hit the button
  • kill living beings
    There once was a beautiful, perfect birthday cake.
  • I haven't eaten cinnamon toast crunch in years but I bought some today because it was on sale

haven't had any yet though

this seemed like a more useful thing to post before I started typing it but I'm still gonna hit the button

that's basically my MO for interaction on all forums I go to.

oh also Tatter, I did send you a friend request the other day on the 3DS.
  • update: I ate some and it was okay

and, uh, re friend request maybe I don't remember how this works but I turned my 3DS on and I don't see it anywhere?
  • kill living beings
    needs more straight lines
  • update: I ate some and it was okay

and, uh, re friend request maybe I don't remember how this works but I turned my 3DS on and I don't see it anywhere?

should be in the Friends tab which is the orange speech balloon with a smiley face on it.
  • kill living beings
    i rot
  • Yeah that's where I looked first but there isn't anything there about it as far as I can see?

Do I need to put in your friend code?
  • We could try that.

Let me finish up at the Battle Maison and I'll give it to you.
  • Well I put it in and someone I assume is you is on my friends list now so I guess that worked?
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Let's check out aisle 16
    Diapers | Riding Crops
    Cute Socks | Shaving Supplies
    Cute Panties | Chocolate Bars
  • @Tatterhood if you wanted to know, your Friend Safari is bug type and there are Illumise in it.

I haven't found the second Pokemon yet (if you've played X or Y and cleared the main game, there are three instead). But it's possible that Illumise occupied both "slots" for the Safari.

But I didn't have an Illumise before so I am happy .u.
  • I've beaten X, yeah. (Twice in fact but I assume that doesn't count for extra.)
  • I am not sure that it's recognizing that for some reason. Weird.

Anyway the other one was Paras! Paras is so cute.
  • Phone rings, I answer. Phone lines goes dead. I hang up.

Phone rings again, I answer again. Person on line whom I don't recognise goes "sorry about that". I hang up again.

Phone rings yet again. I press the button to answer the call then put the phone down on the bed and walk away.
  • 3 calls in under a minute is too much, mate. Just hang up.
  • Muted the landline phones so if someone does ring, I don't hear and thus don't pick up and get pestered.

Just need to remember to undo it.
    I took the pill that usually makes me drowsy but it's not really doing that for me and I can't sleep.

This is what I get for relying on a medication's side effects.

I'm gonna call this another "if I'm not asleep in half an hour, I'm getting out of bed" day.
  • Not a hybrid rabbit-skink spirit

that is all