The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    that's it, just say no to gravity.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Is it wrong to kinda feel bad for Subway's marketing people?

Like, it's not their fault that they unknowingly built a decade-long ad campaign around a child molester...
  • are people angry at subway now or something?
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Not that I can tell, but it's obvious that their new branding and such is a desperate attempt to distance themselves from the Jared stuff
  • are people angry at subway now or something?

they kinda were a while ago when it was revealed that Jared was like an actual paedophile. I don't think they are anymore though.
  • I haven't seen it but the way you phrase it makes me imagine a spiel like "hey! we're subway! if you eat here, nothing pedophilia related will happen! no sex with children is happen here!"
  • kill living beings
    imo

• I haven't seen it but the way you phrase it makes me imagine a spiel like "hey! we're subway! if you eat here, nothing pedophilia related will happen! no sex with children is happen here!"

to keep it hip with the millennials: "Boku no Pico? more like, Boku Not Subway! omg bae yas"
    You know

Captain Underpants relies heavily on childish humor

But Dav Pilkey also used the series to satirize how the public school system is unfair to kids who don't fit the cookie-cutter model of the ideal student

And he did so in a way that even kids can pick up on and say "yeah i can relate to this"

So I have a sort of respect for Pilkey on that front
  • I fail at being an adult sometimes

I need an adult who is more successful at being an adult
    Toolsie said:

I fail at being an adult sometimes

I need an adult who is more successful at being an adult
    centralavenue.txt
    being an adult is a drag, yo
  • I nearly poured out of date juice on my Coco Pops.
  • TUMUT CREW REPRESENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tumut
    I was going to take a shower but somebody was sleeping in there. now i have to wait for them to leave
    ...sleeping in the shower?

...sleeping in the shower?

ya, towel blanket and everything
    odd.
  • Attention customers!

Please purchase something!

This is not a rest stop!

You are annoying!

odd.

ya, this house is really weird. 
  • Guys...

Serious question...

If I were to write a blog about a legacy of ghosts in The Sims 3, would anybody be interested in reading it?
  • Or hell, any supernatural creature that has a normal life span (i.e witch, werewolf or ghost)
  • I could call it something like "Werewolves in Moonlight Falls" or something equally cheesy. 
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    If it weren't about Sims 3, yes. Sorry, just ask Centie, but I rally don't have much of an interest in those games (though I'm more than sure Centie would read it).
    I'd read it, yeah!
    would we see the pictures this time
  • Okay, so I fired up Create A Sim and hit randomise to get a random bloke name: Stefan Fontenot.

I HAVE to use that name now.
  • And thank you! *hug*
  • As for The Hunger Game photos, I forgot. Sorry >_>

Will get them up by Tuesday at the latest!
    yay!
  • You know

Captain Underpants relies heavily on childish humor

But Dav Pilkey also used the series to satirize how the public school system is unfair to kids who don't fit the cookie-cutter model of the ideal student

And he did so in a way that even kids can pick up on and say "yeah i can relate to this"

So I have a sort of respect for Pilkey on that front
    Juvenile themes juxtaposed with biting social commentary: a good mix.

It's a very Wattersonian school of thought, innit?
    The other great thing is that Pilkey, despite using juvenile humor, still managed to never talk down to his audience. I always felt like he was the one grown-up who basically said "yeah, they consider you a 'troublemaker', and I know how much that sucks."
  • So far, Stefan has:

• Rummaged through his metal bin
    • Kicked a gnome over
    • Shredded a sofa as a werewolf
    • Joined the law enforcement career despite his Lifetime Wish being to steal 50 grands worth of stuff
    • Made a lot of grumpy faces
    • Hit on the first woman he came across (and made a face as if to say "I can't believe that worked.)
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Captain Underpants and the Invasion of the Incredibly Naughty Cafeteria Ladies from Outer Space (and the Subsequent Assault of the Equally Evil Lunchroom Zombie Nerds)

Was  the first chapter book I ever read
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I never read those books, and I feel empty inside when people talk about them
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    You judged a book by its cover, Anonus

You dumbfuck
    Don't feel bad, Anonus. Nobody expects you to read everything I've read.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    *Average angry raytheist edgelord*: I don't care if the United States and other western powers SUPPOSEDLY created the conditions that lead to radical islamicist factions taking power over more moderate factions, we should carpet bomb those barbarians

*Same average angry raytheist edgelord the next day*: Look, after its economy was in shambles after WWI, Germany really had no choice but to start WWII and kill as many Jews, Roma, Poles, mentally ill, physically deformed, and other miscellaneous minorities as possible, get the fuck over it already.
  • had a job interview! got a second job interview! wow, was not expecting that
  • *party horn*
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    The Party Horn of Plenty, from which spews forth endless quantities of tinsel, confetti, and cocktail sausages.
    *blasts party cannon*
  • my transfer expired, so I had to go to an ATM to get cash

ATM fee was 3 dollars

ATM gives me a 20, so i have to break it

buy myself a snack to break the 20, 4 dollars

bus fare was 1.75

so I just spent 8.75 on bus fare

gg
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Man, ATM fees are still a thing over there?
  • not very often but at price-gouging convenience store ATMs yeah
  • edited 2016-08-21 21:56:22
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Convenience store ATMs are so strange

The Speedway near where I used to work had a Chase ATM, which I liked because I have a Chase account and could use it without fees

But the first time I used it I spent like 20 seconds poking at the LCD before I realized it wasn't a touchscreen

Who still has non-touchscreen ATMs in 2014?
    I wonder how well-known the term "ZIP code" was outside America before the internet put it on every address form

Also I doubt even most Americans know/remember what ZIP stands for
    zone improvement plan, or something like that
  • probably decently well known, I mean even before the internet people had reasons to mail things

zone improvement plan, or something like that

Yes

It replaced the previous practice of breaking up big cities into zones, like "Chicago 4, Illinois"

probably decently well known, I mean even before the internet people had reasons to mail things

True.