The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• I don't know what Undertale Prime is, and by God, I think I'll keep it that way

the less grimdarkification I have to deal with the better
  • edited 2016-08-23 14:43:52
    My dreams exceed my real life
  • edited 2016-08-23 14:37:55
    My dreams exceed my real life
    It's another entry in the age-old insight wanker "Why the fuck aren't these character rationally maximizing their utility/art should conform to the mindset you have when you do your taxes" school of thought
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    I mean you could have linked it, so he/others can ignore it or at least don't have to scroll past.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    It's basically missing the whole point of why Undertale is the way that it is and how it manages and subverts expectations. Inparticular, although this is far from the most interesting thing about the game, the dismissal of the way that it handles LGBT+ representation is just so... casually homophobic?
  • *walks in*

*walks out*
  • My dreams exceed my real life

It's basically missing the whole point of why Undertale is the way that it is and how it manages and subverts expectations. Inparticular, although this is far from the most interesting thing about the game, the dismissal of the way that it handles LGBT+ representation is just so... casually homophobic?

It's insight wank, so of course it's appropriating the worst aspects of tumblr social justice to make points that are deeply regressive
    Odradek said:

It's insight wank, so of course it's appropriating the worst aspects of tumblr social justice to make points that are deeply regressive

Obviously, but it's showing such a thorough ignorance of where Toby Fox was coming from when he made Undertale and so backwards in its conclusions that I can't help but feel like this person was purposefully ignoring what the game and its creator were trying to say out of some serious personal hangups about the idea that non-straight and gender nonconforming people might just be *there* in a game and that that might be the whole point.
  • edited 2016-08-23 15:39:14
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Oh dear me. I will have to look out for those and con the parental units into letting me get them... >->
  • They're surprisingly delicious.

The gimmick is real, but they replicated the taste pretty well. I bought myself another box yesterday (and I'm hoping my parents bring some more when they come see me).
  • sredni is a slut for dubious food products
    I took a nap.

sredni is a slut for dubious food products

Preeeetty much. u~u
    Tre said:

#disconap

Not sure what that means but yes.
  • it's when you sleep for a lil bit before you roll into the club and get down on the dance floor fam
  • kill living beings
    fear god
    Then yes. And the world is dance club.
    I think people underestimate how weird the Bible is as a book.

It's a bunch of different collections of poems, songs, sayings, historical accounts, visions of the divine, letters, and four different accounts of the same event.

People seem to talk about it like it's the Koran, where it was all written at one time for one purpose by one person.
  • kill living beings
    Have i mentioned the time i was told by a fundie in my boy scout troop that the Bible was recorded as is on magical ageless skins

Because I'm just saying, there's a reason people treat it as unitary
    Odradek said:

I think people underestimate how weird the Bible is as a book.

It's a bunch of different collections of poems, songs, sayings, historical accounts, visions of the divine, letters, and four different accounts of the same event.

People seem to talk about it like it's the Koran, where it was all written at one time for one purpose by one person.

Plus records of the historical religious laws and protocols of priestly orders that had gone extinct by the time the whole first section was assembled as it currently exists, legendary and allegorical accounts of famous Jewish folk heroes, and Socratic dialogues on the nature of faith in the Hebrew equivalent of blank verse.
    People who complain about pretentious people reading too much into things are actually very good at projecting the message of "This work of art thinks it's smarter than me" into things they read.
    There are also huge stretches of it that were left out for being too ambiguous in their veracity, having too many folk variants and no definitive version, or just being too challenging to what was then orthodox teaching.
    Odradek said:

People who complain about pretentious people reading too much into things are actually very good at projecting the message of "This work of art thinks it's smarter than me" into things they read.

Which is in itself extremely pretentious.

Yes.
    That's always been a little weird to me. I don't have the same experiences with the second half of that comment, but that aside. It's like, there's not a "limit" to this stuff, though of course I am more than sympathetic to wild, outlandish, and so on readings as long as they follow their reasoning, well, reasonably. Also other stuff I forgot the words for, beyond "that's just kiiiinda not how this works."
  • TUMUT CREW REPRESENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tumut
    that episode of food wars made me really want to make ramen again, im going to do it later

• fight. dream. horse. love.
    Europa Universalis makes my eyes hurt and I have no idea how anything works, so I'll probably play for 3 weeks straight
  • My Sims had a werewolf baby :D
  • Europa Universalis makes my eyes hurt and I have no idea how anything works, so I'll probably play for 3 weeks straight

AND ON I GO INTO ANTWERP, MMMH!

wot's your steam name friendo, we could play together
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Hot take: Celery is Very Very Bad.
  • fight. dream. horse. love.
    wicked223768, I can't believe we're not already friends
  • I will add you shortly also pro tip Portugal is the easiest country to play
    I still need to get around to taking over the world as Ainu.
    No.
    N
    o
  • kill living beings
    Moth
    er
    fuck
    er
    fourfold.png
    Jane said:

*sigh* what?

Contiguity
  • For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
    Odradek said:

fourfold.png

This Tree of Life is way off. There's supposed to be Ten Sephirot, not four.
    Fun stream @Kexruct.
  • Jane said:

Three Mountains or bust mother fucker

I still want to try and do this achievement at some point. Which reminds me, I really need to remember my log in to the Paradox forums so I can get help figuring out why EU4 crashes any time I try to load or create a new game.
  • > eidos 

it's Square Enix now, fam

• also idk about anyone else but i'd be concerned if there were ten of those motherfuckers running around stabbing healers with their long ass swords
    Tre said:

> eidos 

it's Square Enix now, fam

Well, Eidos Montreal still exists, so. :P
  • little known fact montreal is actually the past