The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• now it overheats

even faster?

is it even overheating?

what the fuck is happening
  • (*noises of unhappy cattitude*)
  • For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
    That was a whammy even when I was catching up on the series after the fact.

I can't imagine what it was like to see that as the latest page and have to wait for the next update.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Jane said:

The idea of old money in the United States is sort of laughable just because the idea of "Old" in the US is very compressed.

i was thinking it as i read that, but wasn't going to say it

old as balls

classic
    i got catcalled again this morning, by two drunks

was wearing my (male) work uniform, so it must just have been the hair, tbf it was still dark out

'alright gorgeous'
    'um, hello?'
    'ugh it's a bloke!' 'f*** off i ain't gay!'

lolz
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Probably heading out to State College with the folks. If nobody but Naney hears from me in the next few hours I'm on the road. B3
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Odradek said:

Covenants of the Gang in Dark Souls 3

Dennis and Dee: Aldrich Faithful

Mac: Watchdogs of Farron

Charlie: Mound-Makers

Frank: Rosaria's Fingers
    Covenants in Dark Souls 1

Dennis: Darkwraith

Dee: Gravelord Servant

Frank: Forest Hunters

Mac: Path of the Dragon

Charlie: Chaos Servant

• Munch munch, chomp chomp...

Probably heading out to State College with the folks. If nobody but Naney hears from me in the next few hours I'm on the road. B3

Have fun.
  • fight. dream. horse. love.
    oh god oh man oh god oh man oh god oh maaaaaaaan

(i still don't get why he said exactly that, he can't have been talking about Gamzee)
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    Anonus said:

"Dominated by old money" is a stretch. There are definitely families out here which are very wealthy and fairly powerful and have been for a very long time, but that makes it sound like some kind of weird oligarchy which it, uhhh, isn't?

Also, I think that there being a lack of old money in a state that is less than two hundred years old and was basically a frontier region for much of that time is sort of self-evident. That's sort of like saying there's no old money native to Los Angeles or Las Vegas. The immediate response that leaps to mind is, "Of course there isn't." Like, having buildings named after you doesn't make you old money. It means you have enough money to be egotistical. That's it.

I figured LA would have a ton of it at least
    a lot of the buildings at UCLA are named after, like, David Geffen and other showbiz people
    Tachyon said:

was wearing my (male) work uniform, so it must just have been the hair, tbf it was still dark out

'alright gorgeous'
    'um, hello?'

lolz

lol
  • Tachyon said:

'alright gorgeous'
    'um, hello?'

lolz

I can't believe you would prank those innocent people like that Tach
    that's just the kind of particle i am

prankster gold medalist 2016
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Tachyon said:

'alright gorgeous'
    'um, hello?'

lolz

this is funny, thanks for sharing
    You are welcome, Imicowplex
    slightly annoyed with myself for forgetting my tvt password having joined back before you needed to submit an email to join (and in any case, i might have been using a different email back then)
  • my phone is giving off severe weather alerts and I can't figure out why
  • edited 2016-08-20 18:59:29

like, you get the keeping and vibrating, but there's no actual alert of any kind
    we got a 'severe weather warning' here but i'm not actually sure what qualifies as 'severe' by Gloucestershire standards

at the moment you might consider it 'a little bit windy out', i would guess
    oh btw @Odradek every time my co-workers have been talking about Suicide Squad (and other DC superhero related films) they've all been very positive, and they've been talking about Suicide Squad a lot lately

(they were also very positive about Deadpool back when it came out)

i thought you might like to know that
    drinking Mountain Dew
  • my phone is giving off severe weather alerts and I can't figure out why

apparently this was an amber alert

keep in mind, there was no sort of notification as to what the kid looks like, what the abductor looks like, nothing

very helpful, am I just supposed to go around asking people with kids "hey, did you kidnap that lad?"
  • "why, yes I did! I thought he was so adorable, it would be a shame not to sell him to an albanian sex trafficking ring, you know?"
  • anyways I'm off break again see y'all l8r
  • kill living beings
    I don't remember what times my classes are and the stupid school website freezes on my computer. And the libraries are closed for the weekend. This is a stupid problem.
  • I'm sure it's just the biased sample size that comes from the parts you tell us, but your life really does seem like a particularly odd comedy of errors at times, Klino.

I hope you can find out when your classes are.
  • kill living beings
    I used my phone.

This term all my classes are in the same building complex, which happens to have showers. I could camp in a disused section like climate science and not leave for five months.
  • kill living beings
    maybe the really ace part is that the conversation is so dumb you don't notice the important bit
  • Dusty keeps being adorable.

also I got rained on tonight and that felt nice.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I'm dense

It took me until fumbling with a pay phone yesterday to realize that ending a phone call is called "hanging up" because old timey phones have you literally hang up the handset on the base
  • It's not because if you do it unannounced you're leaving the other person hanging?
  • kill living beings
    Woo, someone else who has had to actually use a payphone
  • If it weren't for my obnoxious nostalgia/anxiety problem I probably would've reread Homestuck ages ago

But as it is it brings too many memories bubbling to the surface. Not unpleasant ones necessarily, but it seems like remembering *anything* is unpleasant for me
    I used a payphone...about 15 years ago?
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    the payphones around here all seem to be gone now
  • Kexruct said:

If it weren't for my obnoxious nostalgia/anxiety problem I probably would've reread Homestuck ages ago

But as it is it brings too many memories bubbling to the surface. Not unpleasant ones necessarily, but it seems like remembering *anything* is unpleasant for me

can we call this nostalgianxiety?

I like portmantaeus.

also there has to be a word for that already. Like the opposite of nostalgia.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Also: entering the phone number to call is "dialing" because phones originally had a dial and not a keypad
    I like how "portmanteau" referring to a combined word was from Through the Looking Glass
  • Jane said:

Kexruct said:

If it weren't for my obnoxious nostalgia/anxiety problem I probably would've reread Homestuck ages ago

can we call this nostalgianxiety?

I like portmantaeus.

also there has to be a word for that already. Like the opposite of nostalgia.
    I've used that term before, and considered using it here, but for whatever reason I feel the need to explain the concept very time I bring it up even though I'm pretty sure everyone here is already aware of it?
    Remembering is painful sometimes

It's why I want to punch anyone who says "you have such a great memory, I wish I could remember details like that"

Remembering is painful sometimes

It's why I want to punch anyone who says "you have such a great memory, I wish I could remember details like that"

me too post
    That said, if there's one thing I miss about childhood it's being the Freaky Genius Kid

Matilda struck a chord with me for a reason
  • I miss being able to change shape at will.

Oh wait we're talking about our current lives.
  • kill living beings
    i miss the times before those fat cats at teegeeack invented gravity