The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• edited 2016-08-19 21:57:04

Sinister is rethrash, they haven't put out an album yet, but they play tons of shows and love pizza

Damage is blackened hardcore punk/metalcore in the same vein as Nails

Tentacles! (*exclamation point is part of the name*) is a weird, somewhat twee band that really wants to be Deerhoof, they unfortunately broke up in 2010

Gramscian is an antifa grindcore band, their drummer totally kicked a nazi one time
  • now for Actual Bands:

Sinister is a death metal band from the netherlands, they have been around since 1988 (*they split up in 2003 but reformed in 2005*) and have put out 11 albums

according to last.fm, there are twelve bands named Damage, including 1 thrash metal band, one groove metal band and... 5 hardcore bands! honestly surprised there aren't at least 7
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”

Sinister Tentacles of Gramscian Damage is a deathcore name, on account of being a full sentence. as a song title it is definitely techdeath though

Gramscian Damage is mathcore with an overtly political bent

Sinister Tentacles is some mediocre "horror rock" band that has a really half-hearted Bandcamp page with one demo

To be fair, I was mainly thinking song titles in both instances. Realistically, bands with names that long are either deathcore or some branch of the screamo tree. Maybe a mathcore act, if we wanted to check all the boxes.
  • I wonder what all the people in deathcore bands are up to these days
  • edited 2016-08-19 22:17:55

life update: I fished my very large wallet chain out of my desk drawer, both for practical purposes and because wallet chains are fashionable now due to the baleful influence of conde nast and/or late-90s/early-2000s nostalgia
  • people kill people kex you should know this by now

when 
    did
    Ferris
    Bueller
    kill someone

?!
  • or John Landis, would like context for that as well
  • he ran some people over with his car in Ireland at some point
  • edited 2016-08-19 22:20:35
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Jane said:

Screamo Tree.

Hmmm.
    Screaming Trees were a very odd grunge band.
  • Kexruct said:

or John Landis, would like context for that as well

during the filming of the twilight zone movie he violated federal labor laws, leading directly to the deaths of two young-ish children
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    If Animal Farm was a satire of anything other than Stalinism, nobody on Tumblr would be able to shut up about how wonderful and amazing it is and how all books should be like it.
    You have a somewhat skewed view of how Tumblr works, methinks. Not that you are categorically wrong, but I don't think most people think "Combat Liberalism" when they think of Tumblr.
    I suppose I do
    It's entirely possible the median tumblr attitude about literature is that shitty Poe raven comic
  • Combat Liberalism is the name of my new book in which I teach you how to save the environment by attacking CEOs with staple guns.
    Jane said:

Combat Liberalism is the name of my new book in which I teach you how to save the environment by attacking CEOs with staple guns.

This would be more useful, interesting, and insightful than the actual Combat Liberalism, which reads like Maoist clickbait.
  • fight. dream. horse. love.
    isn't that literally what it is, though
    Yes

Yes it is
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I was in a bus crash once.

When I phrase it that way it sounds more dramatic than it actually was.
  • I was in a bus once
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    What actually happened, since I don't feel like waiting for someone to ask: the bus was waiting at a red light when a sedan driver who had turned down the wrong driveway attempted to back out into the street...And backed right into the front of the bus. Despite the bus driver having blown the horn several times to warn him.

We had to walk half a block to the next bus stop and wait for the next bus.
    I think I remember you telling us about that a ways back.

I've talked about my own thoroughly alarming accident experience here a few times, so it's probably old news at this point...
  • TUMUT CREW REPRESENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tumut
    every time ive been in one somebody tried to cut off the bus driver
    People can really be arseholes when it comes to public transportation.
  • there was a bus in one of my dreams last night

I had to get on it despite not knowing where it was headed, I was wearing very clunky shoes because I needed to for some reason, the guy next to me had a stuffed bear he wanted me to sign but I didn't know which of my dreamself's aliases to sign it as, and several characters from Buffy the Vampire Slayer were there borrowing my lipstick. Including Giles and Xander.
  • fight. dream. horse. love.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Vriska said:

there was a bus in one of my dreams last night

I had to get on it despite not knowing where it was headed, I was wearing very clunky shoes because I needed to for some reason, the guy next to me had a stuffed bear he wanted me to sign but I didn't know which of my dreamself's aliases to sign it as, and several characters from Buffy the Vampire Slayer were there borrowing my lipstick. Including Giles and Xander.
    did Xander have his eyepatch
  • kill living beings
    i bought way too much bok choy, so now i'm having the classic frontier meal, Canned Chili With Bok Choy In It.
    That sounds like it could actually be really good if you had the right spices.
  • kill living beings
    i don't, so it was just ok.

i had no idea what bok choy was when i went to buy it. i was imagining some kind of parsley like thing. lol nope
  • bok choy is the best vegetable

like, bok choy and ong choy are better than just about any western green vegetable you can name
    Tumblr when people are praising Suicide Squad for having a multiethnic cast: Lol, don't fall for those corporate lies, it's all run by Trump supporters anyway

Tumblr when Mary Jane Watson will be played by Zendaya: OH MY GOD OH YES ALL MY LIFE CHOICES AND POLITICS ARE SO VALIDATED BY HAVING THIS CLASSICALLY BEAUTIFUL AFRICAN-AMERICAN WOMAN PLAY THE LOVE INTEREST TAKE THAT RACISM
  • kill living beings
    i don't even know what spices are. it's like, you put plant nethers on your food, ok fine, but it's not vegetabular for some reason? doesn't make any goddamn sense man
  • tumblr all the time: i believe the lies of the demiurge

tumblr all the time: i believe the lies of the demiurge

they do

i don't even know what spices are. it's like, you put plant nethers on your food, ok fine, but it's not vegetabular for some reason? doesn't make any goddamn sense man

• kill living beings
    tumblr when carpathia becomes secretary-general of the UN and institutes an evil world government: oh that's great, i'm transylvanian too, as in trans-sylphanian, as in i'm an elfkin

tumblr when I rally the battered remnants of freedom in an appalachian fort: wow get a load of this psycho christian asshole who knows women should vote with their husbands, i hope he dies
    Tumblr when I work with the Daedalus AI: Wow look at this fucking liberal working with a illuminati class enemy

Tumblr when I betray the merged Helios AI and destroy Area 51 in accordance with Tracer Tong's instructions: Wow, going too far, Helios never hurt anyone.
  • what the fuck happened in the hour or so I was reading [adult swim]'s TVTropes page
  • TUMUT CREW REPRESENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tumut
    SF_Sorrow said:

bok choy is the best vegetable

like, bok choy and ong choy are better than just about any western green vegetable you can name
    cabbage

Or plant eggs, or leaves.

A vegetable implies that it is added fresh or cooked rather than dessicated, and a spice or herb that it is added to flavour in very small amounts.
  • tumblr when i capture the princess: Hell yeah, fuck the monarchists

tumblr when a plumber assaul
    Jane said:

what the fuck happened in the hour or so I was reading [adult swim]'s TVTropes page

Bob Page is planning to merge with the Helios AI to become a God. Tracer Tong wants me to destroy Area 51 and launch the world into a new dark age, but Everett Dowd wants me to take control of it and re-instate the Illuminati as the rules of the Earth. Helios, however, wants me to merge with it instead of Bob Page
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    Idea for a movie:

Louie Anderson is Jim O'Rourke in a lighthearted cyber-tragedy. Jim travels to Japan in 2010 to visit the frozen head of Burt Bacharach.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    cow simulator
  • kill living beings

Or plant eggs, or leaves.

A vegetable implies that it is added fresh or cooked rather than dessicated, and a spice or herb that it is added to flavour in very small amounts.
    quit bein all reasonable

anyway point is everybody says like "spices only last three months, or one month if you really want the flavor" or something like that and jesus christ i cannot use a cup of cumin in that time