The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• We can do anything if we do it together.

no mood? no melody? no groove? who would create such a thing

There are good songs without any of those things.

The problem comes when you try to make a pop song without any of those things.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    ...did nobody read my post?
  • kill living beings
    no music is boring
  • edited 2016-07-23 00:56:56
    Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    I did (as I do all your music stuff), but am really not in the mood for chatter, kinda.
  • edited 2016-07-23 00:57:07
    My dreams exceed my real life

no music is boring

Klinotaxis hates Japanese theater
  • We can do anything if we do it together.

...did nobody read my post?

I did. I was just responding to Imi first, then forgot to respond to you.

That makes sense, yeah. I was honestly also thinking of stuff like The Weeknd's "The Hills", where it's impossible to tell what mood he's even trying to convey with it.
  • I can tell you exactly how this trend started;

The Weeknd got popular (by completely changing his sound mind you but don't overestimate record exec's intelligence here), and everyone, desperately searching for the next trend that will land a #1 hit, just had all their pop artists on-staff do knockoff Weeknd stuff.

The difference of course is that Weeknd, for all I really don't care much for him now, was good at that kind of music in the past. These people aren't and are probably operating under the assumption that :makes hand puppet and flaps it along to my words: "none of this is hard to make", so they figure they can just not put any effort into it.
    "The Hills", I think, is supposed to feel sinister and vampiric and drugged out, and to that end, it works. It's a guy in a weird sexual relationship with severely paranoid overtones comparing himself to a monster and his social environment to the domain of a mutant cannibal clan. It's about sex, but it's also about pushing the sex/death relationship hard in the latter direction—desire as something degrading and draining. And it works to that end, I think.
  • fight. dream. horse. love.
    i'm still kind of angry at Todd in the Shadows for not seeing that, obvious as it was
  • kill living beings
    hm, i should figure out why my thumb is twitching, maybe i'm getting carpal tunnel or something

*googles* "If you are like most people, you probably heard that involuntary thumb twitching is one of the more common symptoms of ALS"

oh ok cool thanks
  • i'm still kind of angry at Todd in the Shadows for not seeing that, obvious as it was

I kinda feel like Todd, for someone who makes his living as a music critic....doesn't seem to know very much about music?

Outside of like the technical aspects, chords, keys, song structure that kind of thing.

He's like my conceptual opposite. It's weird.
  • "The Hills", I think, is supposed to feel sinister and vampiric and drugged out, and to that end, it works. It's a guy in a weird sexual relationship with severely paranoid overtones comparing himself to a monster and his social environment to the domain of a mutant cannibal clan. It's about sex, but it's also about pushing the sex/death relationship hard in the latter direction—desire as something degrading and draining. And it works to that end, I think.

Kinda? But its perspective on itself seems skewed and, if nothing else, very limited and it makes the song's weird angle just feel kind of limp and weightless, doesn't help that the lyrics are creepy but none of them particularly stick, and the music never hits that sweet spot where it seems like it's droning and foreboding and repetitive on purpose

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    this is why you listen to Budgie instead

• OH MY GOD

EITHER THIS IS A HELLA ELABORATE PRANK OR THAT'S REALLY THEM
  • http://www.wnyc.org/story/goth-teens-internet-are-never-what-they-seem/

Filed under elaborate prank.

Still. Holy shit, that is some dedication.

glad i logged onto grailed dot com today
    Bubblegum Crisis is about future policewomen, so...

Yeah, huh, wow.
  • kill living beings
    anime

tittay
    new years, new tears

anime

tittay

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

new years, new tears

it's July
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Bubblegum Crisis is an anime about cute future policewomen solving crimes and stuff.

So it's basically been on my list since ever.

new years, new tears

it's July

did you even watch the video?
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    No I didn't!
    New hobby: putting "To show Avicii I was cool" after sentences that fit the meter

I crushed my thumb in a kick press
    To show Avicci I was cool
  • I made a deal with the devil
    I crushed my thumb in a car door
    I ate a meal with a lizard
    I shot a man in the wiener
    preps
  • Oh hey guys so I'm gonna be on my friend's stream tonight playing Dragon Age
  • Groovy! I may just tune in, depending on what the dealio with things on my end is like today.

Either way, hope you have fun :)
  • edited 2016-07-23 11:44:05
    I'm hoping at least some of you guys show up, so I'll put up a link. I'm really looking forward to it!
  • I'm so excited! :D

Robot Wars is back!
  • fight. dream. horse. love.
    [UNDERTALE] why didn't anyone tell me I had to be holding the stupid spider donut
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)

I feel like I'm not allowed to express mild annoyance with things anymore without people acting like I'm being unreasonable

It's because you're not. Nobody here is.

If one wants to express negative opinions, one must express them on an acceptable subject such as Donald Trump.

I love the people here, but we heapers are an amazingly pushy bunch who can't let people disagree with views like "allowing people to disagree is a good thing", " a diversity of views is a desirable thing", or, "don't force people to agree with you".
  • kill living beings
    are you arguing that you should be allowed to disagree that disagreement is okay, based on a surreal complaint about phonetics that she said seemed weird to even her later
    (2015 self)
    No. I am arguing that the one mandatory opinion is the opinion that other people have a right to their own opinions; and nobody seems to recognize the strangeness of this paradox except me.
    (2015 self)
    Well, crapsickles. I thought I was on to something interesting there.
  • kill living beings
    that it is not unique to you does not render it uninteresting
    (2015 self)
    That it has a wikipedia page, on the other hand, does.

At least to me.

Man, my brain must be some kind of hipster, assuming that adiversitynything with a wikipedia article is uninteresting.
    Apropos of nothing.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    chiyo aka paras
  • went to work early, found a pair of 495 dollar boots for 9 dollars, got them for 7 with my employee discount
    Nice.
  • this is further evidence that they really should have me in back doing pricing than as a cashier
  • gonna have to polish and condition them, and I'll take them somewhere to have vibram half-soles put on them
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    I think a guy from the Steelers is on my flight
    James Harrison apparently
  • tell him I said that he's bringing shame to our state and that the Eagles are the best football team to ever exist WOO WOO WOO FLY EAGLES FLY DONOVAN MCNAB :flaps arms:
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Odradek said:

James Harrison apparently

oh yeah he threw out his kid's participation trophies
    I shall spit on him as I walk by

Or not, as his biceps are larger than my head