The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    You know

Having injured my thumb doesn't slow my typing as much as I expected

But it does slow it just enough to be a source of irritation
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    I don't want to sound like one of those tuff gai sorts, but there's a difference between being an empathetic and patient guardian and coddling one's charges.

You know

Having injured my thumb doesn't slow my typing as much as I expected

But it does slow it just enough to be a source of irritation

I can imagine that...
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    The thing about a second place trophy, provided there were more than two competitors, is that, well...coming in second is still an accomplishment. You weren't the best performer, but you still outperformed a number of your rivals.
    Oh, I totally agree. The first few places in large competitions of that nature deserve recognition. But your junior soccer team doesn't need individual medallions for every kid who lost a match at the sub-regional level. It's condescending and pointless.
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Just want to share this Love Live! Sunshine!! gif.
    Good GIF.
    (Literally me in the comics and manga section at every Barnes & Noble, trying not to look like a gross nerd and just seeming like an even more awkward gross nerd.)
  • edited 2016-07-24 08:01:23

a virus that causes distinctive keratinous facial tumors, probably what the Jackelope myth comes from

oh my, guilty crown
    Bunny said:

I have ceased to be a person and have become an ideal

no wonder Ganon and Platine Dispositif say you Must Die

(Literally me in the comics and manga section at every Barnes & Noble, trying not to look like a gross nerd and just seeming like an even more awkward gross nerd.)

I've got a big smirk on my face just so you know.
  • My main problem with participation trophies as a child was the constant knowledge that not only did I hate sports, but knowing everyone thought I didn't even deserve credit for trying.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

I don't want to sound like one of those tuff gai sorts, but there's a difference between being an empathetic and patient guardian and coddling one's charges.

i guess i was misunderstanding things again >_<
  • edited 2016-07-24 13:57:32
    fight. dream. horse. love.
    [UNDERTALE] that ending was so beautiful and so anime that I almost don't have the heart to play the Genocide Route

...which I assume is the point of having the Genocide Route
  • I opened this thread last night to post what was very likely a shitpost of VITAL IMPORTANCE and then went to sleep and never posted it and now I forgot what it was.

[UNDERTALE] that ending was so beautiful and so anime that I almost don't have the heart to play the Genocide Route

...which I assume is more or less the point
    "His Theme".

Every time. Even thinking abou—

*sobs*
  • 8luh 8luh 8luh 8luh 8luh.

That isn't what I was going to post last night, it just popped into my head just now.

nah last night's was just like... a song lyric or something most likely. Or talk of puncha8le faces or explosions or some kind of Homestuck thing or something. Y'know, the usual.
  • fight. dream. horse. love.

...which I assume is more or less the point
    "His Theme".

Every time. Even thinking abou—

*sobs*
    i have the emotional range of a turnip, so no tears for me, but it was quite wonderful
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    The best girl won Splatfest, as it should be.
  • My dreams exceed my real life

Playing the Genocide Route is a real drag
  • You ever watch a TV show, or play a video game, as a child and then rewatch/replay as an adult and you realise how much you never truly grasped how awesome it was?
  • edited 2016-07-24 15:03:54
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Odradek said:

Yeah, it's not something you really want to do. It's literally playing the game the wrong way, like a really dark Easter egg or something.

^ Yes, actually, although I can't think of a whole lot of examples at the moment because I am tired and dim.
  • *pats the Sredni in a totally platonic way, I swear*
  • fight. dream. horse. love.
    Odradek said:

Its great that the route where you play like a normal video game protagonist is a soul-crushingly bleak experience called Genocide
  • Sredni said:

but you are very tuff!!! 83

OOOOHHHHH so that's why you were so grumpy about me trying to show you the bad harem mangas and stuff
    Yeeeeaaaaahhhh. I really don't like people getting the impression that I like bad comics, whether Japanese or American. I have no problem with people knowing I like comics, but even being in proximity to harem crap or most superhero media kind of gives me hives... >~>;
  • gosh you are such a dork
  • I will tell you the secret: if u are hot and fashionable you can just do whatever the fuck you want and people will find it endearing it's great
    This bird on the other hand did not mind scanning around the MonMusu or the SAO (if only because Progressive is supposed to be much better?), or looking at Food Wars (kinda). I also checked out various superhero stuff I usually had trouble finding comic images for.

Sticks tongue out at Vash

Also good morning people.
  • Toolsie said:

*pats the Sredni in a totally platonic way, I swear*

Phew, no one noticed.
    Toolsie said:

Toolsie said:

Phew, no one noticed.
    Notices intensely in your direction
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    If I may Central Avenue for a second, homelessness is really not something that should exist in any remotely civilized society.
    Toolsie said:

Yaaaay, pats. ^w^
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    intense noticing
  • edited 2016-07-24 18:30:06
    image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Toolsie said:

You ever watch a TV show, or play a video game, as a child and then rewatch/replay as an adult and you realise how much you never truly grasped how awesome it was?

Avatar: The Last Airbender and Rocko's Modern Life
    Odradek said:

If I may Central Avenue for a second, homelessness is really not something that should exist in any remotely civilized society.

it shouldn't!
    It can be interesting to re-experience works as an adult. I remember rewatching Star Wars (the original one) after not seeing it for years - still enjoyed it, but in a totally different way.
    Odradek said:

This is absolutely true.
  • I have to be up for work in six hours and I am not tired at all.

All nighter?
  • Oh, wait, I don't have to be up at six. I have to be up at eight.
    yeah an eight-hour all-nighter is a bad idea
  • I need to be up to buy a cake for everyone at work, as it was my birthday on Friday and I had the day off.
    you have to buy a cake because it was your birthday? what shenanigans is this
  • edited 2016-07-25 00:13:21
    ಠ_ಠ
    No, I'm choosing to give people cake.

I'm not a cruel, heartless, cakeless monster like GLaDOS.

The cake is definitely not a lie.
    Oh, well, that's nice of you.

...I wish I had some cake.
    profesional