The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

I'm not sure why Google thinks this one particular stock price is relevant to my interests??
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Saskatchewan is one of the better place-names
  • willing to bet that the fairies are keeping Centralia's equivalent to Microsoft Mobile alive, since most people (and other species) own Alicorn or Omnivius phones

also there's a town in Saskatchewan named Moose Jaw and I am impressed
  • was it because you were searching for -snicker- pot?
  • edited 2015-11-08 04:33:06
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I was searching for potassium because chemistry homework so maybe it decided I was really interested in potash :P
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Tre said:

willing to bet that the fairies are keeping Centralia's equivalent to Microsoft Mobile alive, since most people (and other species) own Alicorn or Omnivius phones

We need a name for the fairies' phone company
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    There's an impromptu market on our void deck. They've laid down tarps and are selling clothes and scooters off them.
    what is a void deck

a deck that goes out into the void?
  • Tachyon said:

it's nearly 4 am

dang

it's nearly 5am

dang
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Look at my horse

My horse is amazing
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Most people live in apartment buildings. And because there's so little space, the ground floors are almost always open-air and open. That's what we call a void deck. Everyone hangs out on a void deck.

There's usually a stone table and some chairs or a bench for the old people to sit. Sometimes the table has a chessboard carved into it.
    ah.

chessboard table. cool.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”

Tre said:

willing to bet that the fairies are keeping Centralia's equivalent to Microsoft Mobile alive, since most people (and other species) own Alicorn or Omnivius phones

We need a name for the fairies' phone company

It has to be a pun on Sidhe.
  • I'm still amazed that the voice of Kronk was a Seinfeld semi-regular

it doesn't make sense for that voice to come out of a human face
  • some part of me now wants to watch that direct to dvd emperor's new groove sequel
  • edited 2015-11-08 04:59:27
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    imo 101 Dalmatians II: Patch's London Adventure
    Anonus said:

imo 101 Dalmatians II: Patch's London Adventure, but that involves talking animals and as such is rarely acknowledged

you're doing that persecution complex thing again
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    alright
    Is it time for a new thread title yet?
    I like this one.
    IJBM: Periodic tables that number the groups 1-18 instead of 1A, 2A, 3B, etc.

The latter numbering scheme is so much more useful because the group number is the number of valence electrons.
    bluh, the connector on my phone charger has gone bad

i only bought this in like June

i'm going through these things as fast as my teenage sister does now >_<
  • Look at my horse

My horse is amazing

FUCK YOUR HONDA CIVIC I'VE A HORSE OUTSIDE

IF YER LOOKIN' FOR A RIDE I'VE A HORSE OUTSIDE

I'm still amazed that the voice of Kronk was a Seinfeld semi-regular

it doesn't make sense for that voice to come out of a human face
    Hynden Walch.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Patrick Warburton has a bunch of voice roles other than Kronk too
  • I still think Hynden Walch sounds more like a sinister organization than it does a person.
    Anonus said:

Patrick Warburton has a bunch of voice roles other than Kronk too

That's the point. It's weird to imagine a non-animated face to those voices, and on SNL no less. But of course it would be an SNL member, wouldn't it?

I still think Hynden Walch sounds more like a sinister organization than it does a person.

It's a cool name.
  • kill living beings
    I'm a yelper
  • Just had a weird out of body sensation...

Little freaked out.
    Toolsie said:

Just had a weird out of body sensation...

Little freaked out.

That sounds really scary and pretty cool at the same time.
  • Toolsie said:

Just had a weird out of body sensation...

Little freaked out.

That sounds really scary and pretty cool at the same time.
    It wasn't like I was completely out of my body and watching down on me sleeping. It was more like I was floating a little bit, and was aware of where I was laying, without me being aware that it was happening.

It's hard to explain what it felt like...

• For a minute or so... It definitely felt like I wasn't myself.
    that sounds trippy
  • I didn't feel like anybody... And yet I felt like me at the same time, as if my soul or something had "stepped out" of my physical body.
  • It was a little cool, but it was more fucking weird than anything else.
    I would try it
  • It can be induced, or can happen spontaneously. They usually happen when you're having a near death experience.
  • I was laying face down on my mattress...
    I think that's classic dissociation.

I had a friend who used to have dissociative attacks where he would just lay his head down and black out for a few minutes. It was unsettling, but apparently just a reaction to really bad stress at the time. Or something.
    I wonder how you induce it.

Not that I would do it or anything, nosiree
  • I think that's classic dissociation.

I had a friend who used to have dissociative attacks where he would just lay his head down and black out for a few minutes. It was unsettling, but apparently just a reaction to really bad stress at the time. Or something.
    Well, considering what my stress levels are like right now...

• It's probably not the first time it's happened, but it's the first time I remember it.
    It's really rare, though. Usually people dissociate when they're in a car accident or have a really high fever or on some kind of drug like ketamine or something. But you're describing the "I'm here but not here at all" thing and... yeah.

Migraines can also make you quasi-dissociate, but it's less extreme and really... odd, like you're watching what your body is doing through a CCTV monitor even though you're in control of it when you're not when you fully dissociate.
  • I wasn't in control of my body, and I couldn't move. I was still breathing, but it felt... Just didn't feel like I was the one who was breathing. I didn't really feel... Anything. I was aware of where I was laying and where I was on my mattress, but felt nothing at all.
  • It was definitely freaky.
    Yeah, you dissociated. That's a scary place to be. Glad you're OK now, though.

I am going back into the ALONE ZONE now. Goodnight and good luck, everybody!
  • Thank you, Srendi, for getting to the bottom of just what the hell happened to me.
  • kill living beings
    God damn it I need answers re: checkers