The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• I want to see a fantasy world where you don't have humans, orcs, dwarves, and elves as your sentient species, but instead you have humans, mice, dolphins, and cockroaches as your sentient species.

Oh, and they don't interbreed.  Unfuck your rule 34.

China Melville
  • I think I spelled his name wrong

anyway he's got like people whose heads are entire beetles
  • kill living beings
    i feel very full of beetles right now
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

I want to see a fantasy world where you don't have humans, orcs, dwarves, and elves as your sentient species, but instead you have humans, mice, dolphins, and cockroaches as your sentient species.

Oh, and they don't interbreed.  Unfuck your rule 34.

what can be construed as "fantasy"? Because I don't write about orcs, dwarves or elves.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Superior they said never gives up her dead when the gales of November come early.
  • edited 2015-11-08 01:34:18
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    ^^^^ China Miéville.

And yes. Also, literal bird-people.
  • I could have read China Mieville today but instead I read part of the Welcome To Night Vale novel, for I am garbage.
    The women have beetle heads, the males are just non-sentient foot long cockroaches.
  • Superior they said never gives up her dead when the gales of November come early.

Very nice song that is.

For those who don't know what we're talking about:
  • all gmh traffic must turn right

what are you going to do if i don't?
    threaten me with a more conservative primary challenger?
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...

Also, literal bird-people.

Continue.

ancient cartoon characters gotta stick together
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.

"squinty eyes"?  really?
    Calica said:

"squinty eyes"?  really?
    Dick Tracy bad guys are generally named after hideous deformities.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    They might not look like humans, but they'll act like humans, because we cannot conceive of sapient life not like us.
    >UPA's Dick Tracy cartoon

NO THAT WAS AWFUL NOOOOOO
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    MachSpeed said:

They might not look like humans, but they'll act like humans, because we cannot conceive of sapient life not like us.

Not necessarily.
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    It makes a change for a game to open up for preloading several days early instead of expecting me to download 24 gig in a day.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.

Not necessarily.

There's probably some really weird fantasy novelist that's proving me wrong, but I've never seen them, and so while I will acknowledge their possible existence, I will remain skeptical.

Also, people like to humanize inanimate and unknowing things, and they'll do it to animals too.
    MachSpeed said:

Not necessarily.

There's probably some really weird fantasy novelist that's proving me wrong, but I've never seen them, and so while I will acknowledge their possible existence, I will remain skeptical.

Also, people like to humanize inanimate and unknowing things, and they'll do it to animals too.

Again, go read China Miéville. He's not the only one who writes weird, disconcerting xenofiction, either. The parasite race in Octavia Butler's "Bloodchild", for instance.

the first mildly amusing Compu-Toon?
    also, now I'm wondering how much money DreamWorks Animation is getting for the use of Mister Magoo
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.

i just noticed imi

you edited the OP

did you replace the links recently?

yes
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Check out these leaked screenshots from the upcoming Alicorn smartphone!!

About Phone

Alicorn Crystal 3C

Model number: AMC-3500
    PegasOS version: 6.0.0 RC1
    © 2008 – 2015 Alicorn Systems Ltd.

Serial number:           

i like her
  • she looks cute
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    For some reason the Centralian fairies refuse to use Alicorn phones

They only use phones made by fairy-run companies
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Crystal said:

This is a cool website I think, and one I think Central, Tach, and Vash will like as well.

cool

i didn't even know some of those expressions were British, heh
    I will buy Overwatch when it comes out.
    There's an impromptu market on our void deck. They've laid down tarps and are selling clothes and scooters off them.
    i know nothing that anyone cares about and i suck at thinking for myself and i have wasted another whole day

bleh
    Tachyon said:

Crystal said:

This is a cool website I think, and one I think Central, Tach, and Vash will like as well.

cool

i didn't even know some of those expressions were British, heh

Me neither.
    it's nearly 4 am

dang
  • MachSpeed said:

Not necessarily.

Again, go read China Miéville. He's not the only one who writes weird, disconcerting xenofiction, either. The parasite race in Octavia Butler's "Bloodchild", for instance.
    there's an entire website and shared fictional universe dedicated to xenofiction but I'm blanking on the name. They're big on transhumanism too, sci-fi community obviously.

Orion something?

MachSpeed said:

Not necessarily.

there's an entire website and shared fictional universe dedicated to xenofiction but I'm blanking on the name. They're big on transhumanism too, sci-fi community obviously.

Orion something?

http://www.orionsarm.com/

this it?
    I wonder if the fairies, in addition to refusing to use mortal-built phones, also maintain their own wireless service provider

Fairies are kinda xenophobic, really

Tumblr would call them problematic
    fetch quest complete!

tach leveled up!

tach's reward is sleep, hopefully
    Princess Alice once found a misplaced fairy phone but she couldn't do much with it because its entire contents were encrypted and the unlock screen, instead of having a numeric keypad, had weird symbols that she didn't know the meaning of, even after looking on Wiccapedia.

I wonder if the fairies, in addition to refusing to use mortal-built phones, also maintain their own wireless service provider

excuse me

the Social Justice Fairy has written post after post explaining why this is NOT xenophobia
    also fairies have no need to use mortal tech, the Hacker Fairy is simply that good
    go to sleep tach

ok
    Tachyon said:

excuse me

the Social Justice Fairy has written post after post explaining why this is NOT xenophobia
    I ended up unfollowing the Social Justice Fairy after she kept sending me asks saying that describing the November weather as "bipolar" was ableist towards people with mood disorders