The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Are there any good '70s Christmas songs? I'm writing about Lily Weiss going back to 1979 to stop Meredith from killing Santa and I need some inspiration.
  • A problem I've had: there are lots of Christmas songs about having to be apart from your loved one at Christmas, and lots of Christmas songs about "going home" for Christmas...but no songs about going to visit your long-distance romantic partner for Christmas!

you should write one!
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    [Sredni Vashtar is entering the ALONE ZONE now. He will be back tomorrow. The Ferret Lord bids all of you a lovely night.]
  • when I worked at Wegman's some ungodly horrible human being gave us a Christmas loop of four songs all played in the exact same order, at all hours of the day.

It was bad enough that the customers complained about it constantly.
  • kill living beings
    does the red black indicate that sredni vashtar is using the alone zone to play checkers against himself, or waht
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Good night Sredni.
    Haven said:

A problem I've had: there are lots of Christmas songs about having to be apart from your loved one at Christmas, and lots of Christmas songs about "going home" for Christmas...but no songs about going to visit your long-distance romantic partner for Christmas!

you should write one!
    Yes I should! :D

when I worked at Wegman's some ungodly horrible human being gave us a Christmas loop of four songs all played in the exact same order, at all hours of the day.

It was bad enough that the customers complained about it constantly.
    Yikes, that's awful. Even those Kmart tapes on the Internet Archive were at least like 90-minute loops...
  • Odradek said:

Yeah. Punxsutawney Phil is our version of pardoning the turkey, really. And keeping away the accursed winterdemons with our hexing.

You need something to counteract kids burning leaves as tributes to them in order to ensure snow days.
    When I was in fifth grade I got my English class to bow before a sacred snowflake I had inscribed on the chalkboard in order to beseech said awful snow demons. The teacher was highly amused.
    That is completely adoreable.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.

My favorite Android bug report was the one where someone complained that the Santa Claus emoji wasn't jolly enough...so they made his smile bigger in the next release.

did you see @fart's bug report to slack about the hamburger emoticon being a cheeseburger?
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    meatburger
  • i just noticed imi

you edited the OP

did you replace the links recently?
  • edited 2015-11-07 08:29:17
    also this is a nice piece of artwork: http://safebooru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=1617235

i'm not sure what it means though.
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Whacka Smacka Bump, the hot new rapper straight outta Rogueport.
  • Only just woken up. Whoops.
  • My favourite card from Cards Against Humanity that I played two days ago is "Next from JK Rowling: Harry Potter and the Chamber of ______"

The winning card was "Golden Showers"
  • edited 2015-11-07 15:29:40
    Know your lines? Of course you know your lines! But I don't want to just hear your lines...I wanna hear what's in YOUR SOULS!!
    The best Christmas song is "It Doesn't Often Snow At Christmas" by Pet Shop Boys. I used to think "Do They Know It's Christmas?" was good but now I've realized it sucks ever since they did that version for the ebola victims because it's a patronizing movement and doesn't really do jack for the people affected. Also, I'm pretty sure they KNOW Christmas exists.

It's sad because if it wasn't for that song's message I'd say it's great because of the synthesizer + bells in the later half of the song (the original, not that awful new version or the, ick, Glee version). They actually recorded it in a studio that was an abandoned church if I remember right. But yeah, fuck that song and fuck Bob Geldof.

The only other Christmas music I like is the Vince Guaraldi instrumentals from Charlie Brown Christmas and, of course, Jim Lang's version of Jingle Bells from Hey Arnold!. Oh, and the Jingle Bells rendition from Snatcher:

Nice.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
  • (*dirge-like rendition of the tetris theme*)
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...

Nice.
    Woohoo.
    I woke up this morning to find that my computer had installed updates and rebooted itself overnight without warning me first.

Windows 10 is kind of annoying sometimes.
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    world of goo is 7 years old
    help
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Insight wankers would be happier if they didn't feel the need to be fascist God kings

Sadly, they are incapable of learning
  • pssst hey you

yeah, you

wanna buy an antique?
  • world of goo is 7 years old
    help

and it's still a fantastic game!
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Amy Pascal will always be best known to me for trivializing rape but I imagine that doesn't matter to these people
  • So my phone is dying. Shit.
  • edited 2015-11-07 19:34:14
    image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    2015, and Japanese food still suffers a terrible curse that turns it into doughnuts. Also apparently the game is now set in America. Because.
  • Update on my dad's cat from last night; she's got an infection, they caught it early, and she's got antibiotics. He's supposed to take her back in if she's not better in a couple weeks but it's not anything life-threatening.

Also he brought her by to see me after her vet visit and I got to snuggle her a while.

So all good there.
    Your family seems to have bad luck with cats this year :(
  • Yeah, we really have.

I'm glad they're both ok though. They're both really sweet kitties.
  • Any Cone of Shames? 
  • Poor kitties
  • Not on Dad's cat but Dusty'd had one for a week and a half after her surgery.

She hated it. And it was a little loose so she kept wiggling out of it, until I tightened it and secured it with duct tape.
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    I completely forgot to post this earlier, lol.

They aren't joking.
  • edited 2015-11-07 20:03:20
    image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Cone of Shame
    Evocation [Mind-Affecting]

Level: Sor/Wiz 5, Trickery 6
    Components: V, S, M/DF
    Casting Time: 1 standard action
    Range: 60 ft.
    Area: Cone-shaped burst
    Duration: Instantaneous
    Saving Throw: Reflex half
    Spell Resistance: Yes

Cone of Shame creates an area of extreme shame, originating at your hand and extending outward in a cone. It causes embarrassment, dealing 1d6 points of damage per caster level (maximum 15d6).
  • Cone of Shame
    Evocation [Mind-Affecting]

Level: Sor/Wiz 5, Trickery 6
    Components: V, S, M/DF
    Casting Time: 1 standard action
    Range: 60 ft.
    Area: Cone-shaped burst
    Duration: Instantaneous
    Saving Throw: Reflex half
    Spell Resistance: Yes

Cone of Shame creates an area of extreme shame, originating at your hand and extending outward in a cone. It causes embarrassment, dealing 1d6 points of damage per caster level (maximum 15d6).

A reflex save instead of a will save?
  • edited 2015-11-07 20:19:05
    ಠ_ಠ

I'm looking for someone to name the mental hospital where Princess Meredith lives after

I have the template "The ____ Institute for the Magically Unstable"

But I need some sort of historical witch or warlock famous for being crazy to put in the blank
    most of 'em tbh