The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    The Safety Fairy has a bright fluorescent yellow-green phone case with diagonal black stripes
  • TreTre
    edited 2015-11-09 16:15:03

but slightly greener

(and diagonal)
  • fight. dream. horse. love.
    my computer architecture teacher said I should drop the class if I got less than 40 on the midterm

I got a 47.

I guess I'm still in the game?????
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    "I can't believe you're still using a FaeFone 4. Haven't you had that same one for like 4 years?"

"Yes, but I know this one's SAFE. Or at least, relatively so. I'd need to stress-test the batteries in those newer ones before I could use one, and I just don't have enough free time in between unannounced industrial safety compliance inspections."
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Man, every time I see Jeb's new slogan, I can't help but think "It's a really good thing that your name's not Jim."
  • he deserves to not be president for that slogan alone
  • kill living beings

my computer architecture teacher said I should drop the class if I got less than 40 on the midterm

I got a 47.

I guess I'm still in the game?????
    i could help

maybe
    It was because I didn't study, mostly.
  • Central Avenue 👸
    Anonus 🐉
    Naney 🐱
    Crystal 🐦
    Imi 🐮
    Miko 🐺

Tools 🛠
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    A Wizard, A True Star
    PRINCESS: Oh, hi LGBTQ Fairy! What are you doing here?

FAIRY: Oh, you know...there's a preteen girl on the 4th floor who's very confused about why she finds her nurse so hot and I thought I'd give her some advice.

PRINCESS: Ooh, Nurse Periwinkle? You gotta admit, she is pretty hot!

FAIRY: If you're into humans, I guess. 

PRINCESS: By the way, can I ask you something before you go?

FAIRY: Sure.

PRINCESS: Did you dye your hair or is it naturally lime green like that?

FAIRY: I can't tell you.

PRINCESS: What? Why not?

FAIRY: It's a trade secret.

PRINCESS: No it's not. You just made that up.

FAIRY: I still don't have to tell you.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    I don't think I ever saw anyone who was into Serial as much as thinkpieces were convinced the whole of America was into Serial.
    Everyone is talking about "Serial," the true-crime spinoff of "This American Life." With just seven (as of today) episodes, the show is sitting comfortably atop the podcast charts on iTunes, and it seems you can't swing a beard in Brooklyn or on Twitter without hitting someone who wants to dissect every aspect of the show so far. The story of Hae Min Lee's murder is as mysterious as the killing of Laura Palmer, and Adnan Syed's guilt is as hotly debated as the identity of the Yellow King was. Like Twin Peaks, True Detective, and other slow-building TV shows, "Serial" has developed such an intense following because it rewards close listening: It's inspired internet sleuths to take to Reddit (or Twitter) to figure out the case, and Slate has devoted an entire "Spoiler Special" podcast to picking it apart. How has Sarah Koenig come to captivate audiences to such an extent that they sit by their podcast apps on Thursday mornings waiting for a new episode to drop? What makes "Serial" unique? Why are all so obsessed?
    Maybe it's a case of New York/San Francisco writers not realizing there's a world outside those two cities. Like a lot of think-pieces nowadays.
  • almost the whole class did really abysmally on the exam

but i got a 53/60, second best in the class

woo
    New York to San Francisco, an intercity disco
    http://www.theawl.com/2014/09/a-portrait-of-the-alt-bro-as-a-young-dumbass

Like, whoever wrote this has clearly not been outside of a major metropolitan area in at least a decade.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.

Maybe it's a case of New York/San Francisco writers not realizing there's a world outside those two cities. Like a lot of think-pieces nowadays.

what?  there are people who don't work for clickbait companies?
  • since the tenger age of 12 i have slaved away in the clickbait mines, what happens next will warm your heart

look of this picture of Dio being adorable in Hisoka's outfit
    "How do you deal with alt-bros?" I ask the Laotian goat farmer I have been employed to interview. "It must get annoying, people asking you to read Catcher In The Rye and all that".

My translator punches me in the face. I fear I will never learn the customs of these strange people, who apparently consider alt-bros sacred.

http://www.theawl.com/2014/09/a-portrait-of-the-alt-bro-as-a-young-dumbass

Like, whoever wrote this has clearly not been outside of a major metropolitan area in at least a decade.
    Most of my memories of a small town in the middle of nowhere are from the late 1980s and early 1990s, so I doubt they'd be of much currency now.
    ?
    I dunno, just rambling. It doesn't have much to do with the article, it turns out; the article itself is about some dweeb who think he's Holden Caulfield.
    Are you even reading my posts.
    I am, I'm just kind of loopy right now. :/

QUALITY Atra a cute.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.

QUALITY Atra a cute.

:) :) :) :) *anime face*
    Oh I guess Thorsen has a new webcomic.

Seems legit.
    Heh, I had almost that same one the other day. I love how they couldn't even be bothered to copypaste the actual YouTube logo.
    On a whim I looked in my spam folder and...whaddaya know:

1. DAT EMAIL ADDRESS

2. Of all the websites you could pretend to be, why Google+? You might as well pretend to be MySpace for as much as people care about that site.
  • ahhh hell did i actually take my medication or not
    Haven said:

ahhh hell did i actually take my medication or not

i hate it when that happens :\

*gives kitten plushie*
  • Thank friend.

I'm pretty sure I didn't, so I went and took it.
  • I Read That As "deformed emails"
  • Haven said:

Thank friend.

I'm pretty sure I didn't, so I went and took it.
    may have erred on the wrong side here
    The secret to playing Fallout 4 is to spend a week making your character.
    Sugar, spice, and everything nice. These were the ingredients chosen to create the perfect little girls.

But Professor Utonium accidentally added an extra ingredient to the concoction...a can of whoopass!

Thus, THE WHOOPASS GIRLS were born!
    Do you think Madame Foster ever got in trouble with copyright issues for letting kids adopt, like, imaginary versions of Star Wars characters or something? Can you file a DMCA takedown on an imaginary friend? How would that even like work? Why am I putting thought into this?
  • kill living beings
    that sounds extremely depressing

i think i do remember a crack in the show about imaginary friends that were uncreative and based on fictional characters
    Shot:
    In short, I support people creating "safe spaces" as a shield by exercising their freedom of association to organize themselves into mutually supporting communities, run according to their own norms. But not everyone imagines "safe spaces" like that. Some use the concept of "safe spaces" as a sword, wielded to annex public spaces and demand that people within those spaces conform to their private norms. That's not freedom of association. That's rank thuggery, a sort of ideological manifest destiny.1 It's the difference between saying "I shouldn't be forced to go to a talk by this controversial figure" and "this controversial figure should not be allowed to speak at my school."
    Chaser
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

Do you think Madame Foster ever got in trouble with copyright issues for letting kids adopt, like, imaginary versions of Star Wars characters or something? Can you file a DMCA takedown on an imaginary friend? How would that even like work? Why am I putting thought into this?

Surely, though, imaginary friends based on Bugs Bunny and Batman would've been exempt from this