The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• I completely forgot to post this earlier, lol.

They aren't joking.
    we know

we know

the son of the lady who was killed in the accident has the same name as Martin Doherty from CHVRCHES

I'm going to guess that it's a coincidence because CHVRCHES Martin is Scottish while the other guy is Irish, but it's still weird and kinda freaky

Awww I just want to bring it inside and snuggle it.
  • yer mom mwahahahaha

hahahah

ha

h

• maniacal giggle mode engaged

hehehehehehhehe

I should be on my Terezi sock for maniacal giggle mode but I'm lazy.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    Tre said:

I completely forgot to post this earlier, lol.

They aren't joking.
    we know

we know

the son of the lady who was killed in the accident has the same name as Martin Doherty from CHVRCHES

I'm going to guess that it's a coincidence because CHVRCHES Martin is Scottish while the other guy is Irish, but it's still weird and kinda freaky
    i think doherty is a pretty common celtic surname
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Pollyanna Whittier Medical Center
    NEXT RIGHT

This is only Gerrymandering 101

Gerrymandering 301 introduces Cracking and Packing

Gerrymandering Lab 201 meanwhile gives you access to Dave's Redistricting App, where you can draw unicorn-shaped districts for fun
  • Cone of Shame
    Evocation [Mind-Affecting]

Level: Sor/Wiz 5, Trickery 6
    Components: V, S, M/DF
    Casting Time: 1 standard action
    Range: 60 ft.
    Area: Cone-shaped burst
    Duration: Instantaneous
    Saving Throw: Reflex half
    Spell Resistance: Yes

Cone of Shame creates an area of extreme shame, originating at your hand and extending outward in a cone. It causes embarrassment, dealing 1d6 points of damage per caster level (maximum 15d6).

A reflex save instead of a will save?
    The shame is so obvious that you can't resist feeling ashamed of yourself...unless you can avoid getting the cone on you in the first place.
  • we might be getting a kitten tomorrow

I love cats but this house is entirely too small for three of them, one of whom is a diabetic old man
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I'll take that kitten off your hands for you :3
  • edited 2015-11-07 23:18:51
    8luh 8luh.
    yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

(edited to remove post link wtf)
  • That was Dusty. WTF, Dusty.
  • LOL I fail at simple observational skills on GTA Online. Whooooops
  • DUSTY WANTS US TO ARGUE aBOUT TV TROPES THEN WE BETTER START ARGUING ABOUT TV TROPES

I HATE TV TROPES GRRRRR
  • DUSTY WANTS US TO ARGUE aBOUT TV TROPES THEN WE BETTER START ARGUING ABOUT TV TROPES

I HATE TV TROPES GRRRRR

I LIKE TV TROPES GRRRRR

PISTOLS AT DAWN
  • and it has to be at dawn since i have to leave for a 12:30 event a couple towns over where i get a FREE BOOK ABOUT THE NATIVE PLANTS IN MY REGION YEY ^_^
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    VRISKA'S CAT IS TEARING US APART

I HATE TV TROPES GRRRRR

I LIKE TV TROPES GRRRRR

PISTOLS AT DAWN
    My city needs more offices but you have to have high education to have demand for offices and that's gonna take a lot of planning time away from my roads :P
  • Lol and I don't think Dusty even has an opinion on tvtropes.
  • I'M GOING TO ROLL THE STATS FOR A FUCKING

PHILOSOPHICAL HALF-ORC CLERIC FROM A WEALTHY VINEYARD WHO ALWAYS ROMANTICISED ADVENTURE

I DON'T REALLY GIVE A FUCK ABOUT THAT GUY
  • VRISKA'S CAT IS TEARING US APART

oh hai dusty
  • I was invited to a movie night tonight but I might just stay home and play vidya and maybe walk around in the rain instead

yntkt
  • well she'd pro8a8ly like the "cute kitten" page or something.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    i didn't really understand today's Doctor Who episode

idk if i missed something or if they just didn't explain it very well

like i thought it was good, except there were big parts of it that i just couldn't make sense of
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    what's her name
  • My dreams exceed my real life

You guys

holy frig

Marvel Comics has a shark-girl

isn't she adorable?
    She is from the same comic this is from

B8jCXoiCQAIjNKQ.jpg
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    This is a cool website I think, and one I think Central, Tach, and Vash will like as well.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Crystal said:

This is a cool website I think, and one I think Central, Tach, and Vash will like as well.

I knew all of these before they were well-known, with one or two exceptions.

I'm surprised at how few people recognised just how astonishingly offensive (and intentionally so!) Loki's line in that film was.
  • edited 2015-11-08 01:06:36
    Munch munch, chomp chomp...

Crystal said:

I'm surprised at how few people recognised just how astonishingly offensive (and intentionally so!) Loki's line in that film was.
    I recognized a fair amount, just kind of besides the point of my post. Just seeing people bothering to collect and index these things is appreciated. Similarly, I really liked this in the past and still do, even if I recognize various links already.
    Crystal said:

Crystal said:

I recognized a fair amount, just kind of besides the point of my post. Just seeing people bothering to collect and index these things is appreciated. Similarly, I really liked this in the past and still do, even if I recognize various links already.

Oh, no, that's not what I meant at all! It's really cool. I just meant that I'm just the teensiest bit proud of myself for having recognised those.
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Ahh, yeah, that's entirely fair. I am just... not used to that. It's not something I am inclined to recognize consciously, so short of blatant gloating the subtler self-awareness is lost on me.

I also, as an aside, have no idea which film you are referring to. The Avengers?
  • You guys

holy frig

isn't she adorable?
    Why does she have fingers or boobs?
    Because she's an anthropomorphic version of a shark and not a literal shark, because that would be far less interesting a character??
  • I want to see a fantasy world where you don't have humans, orcs, dwarves, and elves as your sentient species, but instead you have humans, mice, dolphins, and cockroaches as your sentient species.

Oh, and they don't interbreed.  Unfuck your rule 34.
    Crystal said:

Ahh, yeah, that's entirely fair. I am just... not used to that. It's not something I am inclined to recognize consciously, so short of blatant gloating the subtler self-awareness is lost on me.

I also, as an aside, have no idea which film you are referring to. The Avengers?

Yes. Which one escapes me. The "mewling quim" bit.

You guys

holy frig

isn't she adorable?
    Why does she have fingers or boobs?

*assumes Equius voice* That is actually a fascinating topic which— *interrupted by the plot*
  • Because she's an anthropomorphic version of a shark and not a literal shark, because that would be far less interesting a character??

I'm actually slightly annoyed that Mega Man X bosses retain humanoid parts like feet and hands despite being animal-based designs.

Not enough to care much about just something I noticed, even as a little kid.
  • I want to see a fantasy world where you don't have humans, orcs, dwarves, and elves as your sentient species, but instead you have humans, mice, dolphins, and cockroaches as your sentient species.

Nah man, humans, cats, ghouls...aliens from the moon...maybe Saturn cats.
  • Haven said:

I want to see a fantasy world where you don't have humans, orcs, dwarves, and elves as your sentient species, but instead you have humans, mice, dolphins, and cockroaches as your sentient species.

And no, the Little Green Men aren't here to conquer us.  Rather, they're just on vacation and they're the stupid tourists.

• Haven said:

I want to see a fantasy world where you don't have humans, orcs, dwarves, and elves as your sentient species, but instead you have humans, mice, dolphins, and cockroaches as your sentient species.

And no, the Little Green Men aren't here to conquer us.  Rather, they're just on vacation and they're the stupid tourists.
    Let's get even more dourly realistic.

The ones that you see are the wealthy ones, that have the personal budget to go on vacation.  They're an unrepresentative sample that doesn't include the poor members of their species.

• Haven said:

With a taste for the local cuisine, sure.
  • edited 2015-11-08 01:27:12
    They think that humans are tall peach [theirownspeciesname]oids.

The adolescents among them are a little obnoxious about trying to imitate human speech.  And doing it badly.
  • The answer is that shark girl is a mutant (also a wereshark) and mutants don't obey your inferior science

so they only appear in Lake Superior?
    all gmh traffic must turn right
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.

The answer is that shark girl is a mutant (also a wereshark) and mutants don't obey your inferior science

so they only appear in Lake Superior?
    they don't obey your inferior geography either
  • edited 2015-11-08 01:31:47
    Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Vash: Surely better pieces, but I can dig it.

v Fun stuff.
    Interbreed, no. That would be biologically implausible. But it would be interesting to play with taboos related to the more... intimate forms of fraternisation. These are sentient, sapient beings. Sexual curiosity and contact is nowhere near implausible.

Probably weird and awkward, though. And again, probably not something everyone's OK with. Woooo, cultural anthropology!