The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• edited 2012-05-01 22:32:23
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    @ CA: Me too. :)

I haven't read any Sherlock Holmes books in a while.  I used to be really into them, though.

@ Yarrun: I think you misunderstand my question!  Justifying reading children's books is not something you should ever have to do.

But why in public? :p
  • I completely left TVT. 

feelsgoodman.jpeg
  • edited 2012-05-01 22:37:04
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
  • edited 2012-05-01 22:38:42
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Because when I think of great logo designers, I think JAY-Z

I know he like half-owns the team or something, but still

I can't recall ever having read Junie B. Jones books in public.

^ Oh right, forgot about that. Whoops.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    That's great Mr W. Now get yerself an avvy.
  • way ahead of you
  • >it's not Tom Waits related

who are you, really?

in other news. Snacking on off-brand chex mix and drinking sparkling water. Awwww yea.

• I finished Anno Dracula today. I'd been a bit apprehensive about it for a while because one particularly graphic scene almost made me lose my lunch, but it was a great read overall.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Seriously, though, couldn't they have at least gotten someone to hand-letter the "NETS" instead of just distorting poor Adkzidenz-Grotesk?
  • the whirly-gig beetles are wary and fast, with an organ to detect the ripples
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    In fairness, it's a lot better than what they had.  And I think it's supposed to look kind of casual and DIY.

I'm not really into fonts though so.
  • TreTre
    edited 2012-05-01 22:50:16
    ...Is it weird that I don't think the Nets stuff is that terrible looking?

I mean, it could all be better done, obviously, but I like the fact that it's not as... sporty as most sports brands are. It certainly looks like the sort of stuff you'd find on snapbacks, t-shirts, et al., which is definitely the audience Jay's going for with it.

Maybe I'm just not thinking like a designer right now or something. 
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    ^It is a pretty cool identity in spots. Color palette's not really unique, though; the Spurs do it too, but they have grey in it.

Also the old Nets logo looks kind of generic to me, but not as bad as some of the other stuff of the era.
    >I mean, it could all be better done, obviously, but I like the fact that it's not as... sporty as most sports brands are. It certainly looks like the sort of stuff you'd find on snapbacks, t-shirts, et al., which is definitely the audience Jay's going for with it.

Yeah, this.

I think it's decent enough.  Not wonderful, but not shocking or anything.
  • edited 2012-05-01 22:53:49
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Honestly, I don't think it's as bad as Armin Vit's post makes it out to be. It's certainly less generic than what they had before.

Distorted type always kinda bothers me, though, because it seems to be a way that computers have made designers lazy.
    COW GIRLS
  • Yarrun: I think you misunderstand my question!  Justifying reading children's books is not something you should ever have to do.

But why in public? :p
    Because it's more compact than more mature stuff that, while interesting, wouldn't easily fit in my backpack.
    heap it

heap it good
  • edited 2012-05-01 22:56:35
    I used to read MLP:FIM fanfiction in public on my Kindle, but I stopped because it felt embarrassing even though nobody could tell that's what I was reading.

^ GIFs? This ain't no Tumblr!
  • TreTre
    edited 2012-05-01 23:00:53
    I think I found my absolute unfavorite logo ever today.

Thank God this thing is dead, but... bluh. The nine years they used it must've been painful to look at.
    It looks like a b-movie.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    For some reason the Lithos for "VANCOUVER" made me giggle.
  • Doctor Who reference in Pokemon B2W2? Headcanon accepted.
    that logo is an assault on the eyes
  • edited 2012-05-01 23:17:34
    Let me tell you. About Fallen London.
    Imi, as promised:

Awwww. Thanks.

Also, it sounds like it's thunderstorm time at last. That plus the picture cheers me up a bit.

So, I'm signing off on a (relative) high note. Night everyone.
  • Dude.

Coolest. Looking. Ikea. EVER.
  • The following posters are banned form TVT:

Inane 242
    Firebert 
    Octo
    Setnahke 

Carry on, this is just FYI.
    Oi, no TVT talk!
  • TreTre
    edited 2012-05-01 23:27:55
    Pardon my French, but que diable?
  • ^ ^ I know, that's why I don't want a conversation, but this is important info I felt people should know.

so, 'bout that trash that needed heaping.
  • edited 2012-05-01 23:31:23
    Let me tell you. About Fallen London.
    Imi: aw, that's good to hear. Night.

Naney: No offense, but the entire point of having a moratorium is that it's not, really. I'm sure you can find some other medium to talk about it.

The penalty for the first breach of the moratorium is to submit to a whisker cleaning from a black cat.

• Fair enough. -zips lips-

beat

-unzips lips- Awk-ward.
  • Naw, I'm not upset.

A phase in my life is over. Now I can catch up on my reading.
  • Has anyone here ever read In The Keep of Time?

It sounds interesting.

• Doctor Who reference in Pokemon B2W2? Headcanon accepted.

I was going to try to get these all finished tonight but oh well

@font-face { font-family: 'helvetica'; src: local('Nimbus Sans L'); }
    @font-face { font-family: 'arial'; src: local('Nimbus Sans L'); }
    For some reason the fact that I care enough to add this as a user stylesheet makes me feel like a huge dork.
  • edited 2012-05-01 23:57:55
    THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    I have my default sans-serif set to FreeSans here, though a lot of stuff will try to use Arial anyhow. 

How do you have your user stylesheet set up, CA? I'd like to alias Arial to FreeSans here, but I've never really done the research.
  • Living tissue over endoskeleton.
    One day, I'll write a good mystery. One day. Maybe when I rewrite The XYZ Affair.

Unrelated: Manhunter. Watch it. It's good.
    ^^ I installed Stylish for Chrome and then added that as a new stylesheet. That seems to be the easiest way to do it, at least.
  • The sadness will last forever.
    Jews! :3
  • tumblr

stop being dead
  • Living tissue over endoskeleton.
    RESUME LIVING, TUMBLR

I NEED TO PRETEND TO BE A DEAD ALIEN
    I LOVE TUMBLR!!
    -squeals-