The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• edited 2012-05-01 18:49:36
    Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Further testing has revealed that Seventh Sanctum's dragon generator seems to throw in extra stuff if the random elements have a reasonable theme. Most of my results have made sense, but none of them have been quite as perfectly coherent as "Deepdreamer the Thinker."
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited 2012-05-01 19:09:51
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    *hugs*

THERE WAS NO MEGA MAN 8????

Vriska will be upset
  • edited 2012-05-01 19:15:40
  • edited 2012-05-01 19:16:51
    My dreams exceed my real life

You are LIAR, squid.
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    ^^^Oh jeez the post-eater's back again! Everyone run!
  • i wish to come up with a song lyric for this signature, but no song lyrics are coming to mind
  • edited 2012-05-01 19:25:47
    oh man, Mario Paint, with that annoying plastic mousepad
  • "I've been depressed today"

I actually have an imige stored away for exactly that contingency, I'll post it when I get home. :o

But first I have to books and also chocolate.
    ooooooooooh, an Imige!
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    squid: A lot of people use an emulator of Mario Paint's music minigame to make songs, mostly from video games. That seems to be the only thing it's used for anymore, though.
  • edited 2012-05-01 19:59:35
    THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Mario Paint was awesome, though, for what it was anyway. Then again, this coming from someone who thought Kid Pix was amazing at about the same time. That and when we first got a Wii in 2006, the first thing I thought of when I heard the music and saw the interface was Mario Paint.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    I miss Kid Pix.
  • Corporal Forsythe posted.

Reminded me to check his comic for an update.

• The sadness will last forever.

Bingo!

There doesn't appear to be an update.
  • The one on the front page (for a given definition of "front page") looks new.

I could just not remember seeing it, though.

• w8 what's this a8out them not making a Mega Man 8?

D::::

yes I am disappoint.
  • Doctor Who reference in Pokemon B2W2? Headcanon accepted.

sorry for no update

I'm too busy failing calculus III and proofs

• edited 2012-05-01 20:25:41

You know I actually had that game, I bought a Saturn because I found some stupid video game shop selling Radiant Silvergun used for $5

I got as far as "I'm Clown Man!" and turned that shit off for all time

• edited 2012-05-01 20:27:59

Yes, one of the best shooters of all time http://www.ebay.com/itm/Radiant-Silvergun-Sega-Saturn-JP-Import-1998-COMPLETE-AND-MINT-GAME-/300704386783?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item460360cedf

Fortunately, it's on xbox whatever it's called now for cheap

• edited 2012-05-01 20:34:20
  • XBLA.

I've been meaning to pick it up.

Radiant Silvergun, that is. Ikaruga as well.

tbh, I don't know why I bother with top-down shooters. I suck sooo hard at them.

I'm too busy failing calculus III and proofs

Dear god, man. X_x

I wish you the best of luck. 

Radiant Silvergun isn't too hard, really.  Well actually it is but the longer you play the more it rewards you with upgraded weapons and credits and other stuff so over time, a blind person could beat it.  The presentation and music and everything about the game also makes repeated playthroughs fun

• That's what people tell me every time I try to pick up a shooter. :p

Eh, it's less that the games are hard, and more that I am just awful at video games in general.

Doesn't matter what kind of video game either. From Mario to Touhou to Civilization to Halo....pretty much the only ones I'm not "bad" at are ones where there's not a lose condition at all, eg. Yume Nikki, The LSD Dream Emulator, or it's more story-driven (something akin to Hell Night), since it's sort of impossible to be bad at those.

That said, I'm sure I'd still have fun with it. It would just take me forever to beat (or I wouldn't be able to beat it at all. Looking at you, Embodiment of Scarlet Devil).

A friend of mine actually turned me on to Yume Nikki, I enjoyed that game far more than I should. LSD is completely awesome too and I wish it was on PSN.  Right now I'm working on something simple for the Turbografx-16 involving Deco where it keeps it that simple, dunno if it'll get anywhere though
    Deco game? Seems like it would be very surreal.
  • I'd play a video game made by you. Especially if it had Deco in it.

Assuming I could get my hands on a Turbografx that is, that'd be the hard part there.

As for Yume Nikki, it has a pair of fan-spinoffs I'd recommend in the form of Yume 2kki (which is still unfinished, but has endings as of fairly recently) and dotFlow, which is much more horror-themed.

Also, I enjoy everything about LSD except the goddamn Grey Man. 

Why you erase my progress you weird, fedora-wearing thing? What have I ever done to you?

Emulators aren't too hard to get a hold of. The Duo systems are going for a pretty hefty price now, though, and I'm going to have to buy another one because my sister accidently threw mine away

• That sucks. Reminds me of when my mom threw away my original Gameboy (this was several years ago now)

Hm, I could try emulating it, yeah. I've never been driven to find a Turbografx em, I don't know much about the system honestly (save what I learned from a rap battle, of all places).

I haven't played a Turbografx since 1993. My friend had one. Ho hum.

It's comparable to the Sega Genesis/Megadrive, except it lacks an extra background layer -- but, it can display more colors and larger sprites.  Everyone likes to inform you that technically it's an 8-bit system but that actually doesn't mean anything -- it could handle Street Fighter II CE, so that makes it a bonafide 16-bit system if you ask me. Also, this http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/artoffighting/artoffighting2.htm (scroll down to comparison screenshots)

as you can see I'm rather fond of the system

• I can see that, yes. That's alright, though. :P

What sort of game would this be, if you don't mind me asking?

edit: Oh, HG101, I love this site.

• You had a rap battle involving Turbografx? :D

Watched one. I haven't been involved in a rap battle since '08

The battle in question is Frank Stacks vs. O'Shea. It's a solid performance from both sides, but nothing extraordinary.

Well I'd like to start out with having UI similar to Shadowgate because those old ICOM games were simple and fun and if I get involved in this I need to keep it manageable. I'm probably going to handle it like I handle my comics -- a start with no idea how it will end
  • I'm actually not familiar with Shadowgate, however, if it turns out anything like your comics I'm sure it'll be awesome. :)