The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• It seems fun to me but I've never actually played a game of it.
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    I kinda want to play it, but as a GM, I don't really feel up to learning a whole new system. (I mean, it's still d20, but.)
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Jane said:

It seems fun to me but I've never actually played a game of it.

I like a lot of the new lore they created for the monsters, and the amount of cruft they removed for the rules is good.

I don't like all that time they spent courting the worst people in RPGs.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I will say I'm more comfortable voting for Ted Strickland than I am voting for Hillary Clinton

Not that I won't vote for her anyways, because the alternative is the guy who called all Mexicans rapists
  • Technically he just said that most Mexicans are rapists.
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Well, technically, Trump can help himself to my middle fingers.
  • I will say I'm more comfortable voting for Ted Strickland than I am voting for Hillary Clinton

Not that I won't vote for her anyways, because the alternative is the guy who called all Mexicans rapists

I feel the same way about Roy Cooper. I don't know a lot about him, but the alternative option for him is the dude who made being trans in North Carolina a legal offense.
  • Aliroz said:

Well, technically, Trump can help himself to my middle fingers.

Oh, mine too, I just like being a pedantic dick sometimes.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Twelve Angry Men is interesting because the ending (finding the kid not guilty) is pretty much a foregone conclusion but it's still interesting to watch how they get there
  • fight. dream. horse. love.
    my aunt and sister 

are watching Catfish

and this guy

thinks he's dating Katy Perry.............
  • kill living beings
    this reminds me, i saw mormons today, by which i mean missionaries. been a while
  • my aunt and sister 

are watching Catfish

and this guy

thinks he's dating Katy Perry.............
    Apparently that happened near where I live

• There's a Mormon family that lives not far from us, they have a triple-barreled last name and I always see their dad mowing the lawn. Dude just loves mowing his lawn.
  • fight. dream. horse. love.
    someone on Tumblr told me that dudes who love mowing the lawn are misogynists
  • kill living beings
    nice
  • edited 2016-08-25 02:11:19
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    My dad mows the lawn, like,biweekly.

someone on Tumblr told me that dudes who love mowing the lawn are misogynists

Not true

Dudes who deeply care about their lawns's well being, however, are shitheads
  • kill living beings
    maybe if you were obsessed with your lawn in utah, land of irrigating dirt, there's reason to be concerned
  • I mowed my lawn up in Utah

to show Joe Smith that I was cool
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    I chuckled.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    moo again

moo I say
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    Jane said:

I mowed my lawn up in Utah

Joseph Smith never made it to Utah, ya dingus!

It was Brigham Young brought us saints across the plains!

I do believe that you is a SPAH, my friend, a SPAH!!!
  • Aliroz said:

Jane said:

Admittedly I do not know much about the history of Mormonism (Mormonism? Or is it one of those religions like Rasta where the noun and adjective and all are the same)
    My dad read the Book of Mormon for kicks once.

He told us that it read like a good pulp sci-fi yarn, whatever that meant.
  • I feel like that applies to most religious texts that take a narrative form.
    Like it was entertaining but crazy.
  • Jane said:

I feel like that applies to most religious texts that take a narrative form.

• like have you read The Book of Kings, it's stupid. It's really stupid.

A guy says "I will whip you with scorpions" and expects it to make him popular.
  • Maybe among masochists. But everyone else.. eh...
    Leviticus is pretty funny.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I think having a lawn in a semi-arid climate is stupid
  • kill living beings
    the book of mormon has far too much "and so it came to pass". homecoming saga was way better
    Jane said:

Aliroz said:

Jane said:

Admittedly I do not know much about the history of Mormonism (Mormonism? Or is it one of those religions like Rasta where the noun and adjective and all are the same)
    I think the technically correct name is Jesus Christ Church of Latter Day Saints
  • Odradek said:

Jane said:

Aliroz said:

Jane said:

I think the technically correct name is Jesus Christ Church of Latter Day Saints
    true but then you might confuse it with Jesus' Church of God On Earth, The United Church Of Christ, Christ's Church, The Christian Church of God, and The Church Of God, With Signs Following.
    Did you know Don Bluth and Mitt Romney share a great-grandfather?  This guy
    Speaking of religious factions, I just recently learned the joke behind this passage in Sredni Vashtar(the story not the person)

The Houdan hen was never drawn into the cult of Sredni Vashtar. Conradin had long ago settled that she was an Anabaptist. He did not pretend to have the remotest knowledge as to what an Anabaptist was, but he privately hoped that it was dashing and not very respectable. Mrs. De Ropp was the ground plan on which he based and detested all respectability.

Anabaptist groups include the Mennonites and the Amish.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”

I'm sympathetic to the plight of people whose livelihoods rely on coal, but at the same time I can't, in good conscience, support such an unsafe and environmentally destructive industry

Ideally clean energy production would provide jobs for those people displaced by the phase-out of coal, but I realize the reality is not that simple

I feel exactly the same way, for what it's worth.

Personally, I think we should just pension the older guys and give unemployment stipends to the younger folks until they've retrained to use their skills in a different industry.
  • did you guys know that Jeanne d'Arc's wikipedia page is locked
    Odradek said:

Speaking of religious factions, I just recently learned the joke behind this passage in Sredni Vashtar(the story not the person)

The Houdan hen was never drawn into the cult of Sredni Vashtar. Conradin had long ago settled that she was an Anabaptist. He did not pretend to have the remotest knowledge as to what an Anabaptist was, but he privately hoped that it was dashing and not very respectable. Mrs. De Ropp was the ground plan on which he based and detested all respectability.

I suppose you could consider the Anabaptist role in the German Peasants' War dashing and not very respectable, but that was quite a few centuries before the story was even written
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Odradek said:

Yup!
  • kill living beings
    forgot my username and password for one of the three distinct logins at school

stupid IT
    My civil engineering login used to be distinct from my university single sign-on

Then they unified them

Which is great and all

Except they did it without notice

So I kept putting in the Civil password until I finally thought to try the SSO password
  • kill living beings
    seriously, there's one for the school, one for veterinary medicine, and one for electrical engineering and computer science. i'm like the only person who has reason to use both of the latter but still

for all i know the murrow people have their own too. what a clusterfuck.
    it's the middle of the night
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    I am gradually losing the ability to do words, so I'm going to bugger off with Oso-san for the night. I expect plentiful birdseed upon my return.

it's the middle of the night

birdman, finest in transmission

birdman, in the middle of the night
  • kill living beings
    name less ness
    doing some laundry now

means i can't go lay down quite yet

How No Man's Sky Takes All The Fun Out Of Gaming