The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• edited 2016-08-24 00:08:44
    Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    I thought it was made up by Communist Seals.
  • Tre said:

> eidos 

it's Square Enix now, fam

Well, Eidos Montreal still exists, so. :P

shhhhhhhhhhhh I needed to leave that out in order for the joke to work because Sephiroth and Eidos and shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    moo

fresh milk
  • fight. dream. horse. love.
    TANGERINE exists in an alternate universe where police officers intervene on behalf of trans sex workers
  • Was showing a couple of old ladies around at work and ended up sharing my life history with them.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Toolsie said:

Was showing a couple of old ladies around at work and ended up sharing my life history with them.

That sounds pleasant.

Were they nice?
  • They were quite nice. One of them had a walking stick and could only walk slowly, and the other one looked slightly older and could also only walk quite slowly.

I was walking so slowly with them that I may as well have been crawling.
  • Also...

Spoiler:
    periods fucking suck
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    First world problem: wanting to turn on the TV but not having the remote for the ATSC tuner box

Which, of course, has no actual buttons on it
  • FRESH OATS
    fresh Oats
    Fresh Oats
    fRESH oATS
    The soundtrack doesn't even have disco on it!
    I think this is one of those times when Cracked didn't actually see the movie, and just assumed it was bad because the premise was weird and it was a financial failure.
  • fight. dream. horse. love.
  • For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
    The Twin Peaks anime was named Deadly Premonitions.
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Gives the next five people snickerdoodle cookies shaped like eagles
  • *googles snickerdoodle*
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Grabs snickerdoodle
    Toolsie said:

*googles snickerdoodle*

Somehow I always thought snickerdoodle was a British word.

Although I suppose you'd call them Snickerdoodle Biscuits
    The Joy of Cooking claims that snickerdoodles are probably German in origin, and that the name is a corruption of the German word Schneckennudel ("snail noodles"), a kind of pastry.[1] It is also possible that the name is simply a nonsense word with no particular meaning, originating from a New England tradition of whimsical cookie names

Ah.

Well regardless they are good cookies, and I heartily recommend them
  • I don't even know what snickerdoodle is...
  • Never had it in my life.
  • I shall now be on the hunt for the illusive snickerdoodle cookies
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I find it funny when political ads present an argument with the assumption that everyone will agree with the advertiser's point of view

Like there's this anti-Ted Strickland ad about how he doesn't support the coal industry

And it's presented as though this is Obviously Bad when in fact people like me consider it a reason to vote FOR him
    They're super tasty.
  • "A snickerdoodle is a type of cookie made with butter or oil, sugar, and flour, and rolled in cinnamon sugar."

They are rolled in cinnamon sugar.

I am sold!
    (2015 self)
    Centie, you DO realize that there are towns that will die and become ghost towns, and counties that will have their infrastructures collapse, without the coal industry.

You do realize that Clinton gave us 24 hours to inform three Utah counties that 200,000 people were now out of work, and several towns could no longer exist from mining coal.

You do realize that we in Utah think of the Clintons the same way that northern England thinks of Margaret Thatcher, right?  

Gaaaaaaaaaaah, what am I doing, talking politics with an Ohioan.  We're as far away as Switzerland and Spain, except if Switzerland elected Spain's president.
    The famous Spainland.
    Toolsie said:

"A snickerdoodle is a type of cookie made with butter or oil, sugar, and flour, and rolled in cinnamon sugar."

They are rolled in cinnamon sugar.

I am sold!

AS you should be
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    A lot of towns here in the West have really shaky economies, don't they
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Then again towns/cities imploding when industry leaves isn't strictly a Western thing but it stands out to me because Colorado, Utah and other states in this region have never had strong industrial bases, and have historically relied on selling natural resources
  • birbs
    (2015 self)
    Centie, just consider that people have reasons for supporting things you don't support, like the coal industry.  And consider the effect that things like the coal industry has on people's livelihoods.

I know you didn't intend to come off as callous and east-centric, but it just irked me.
    Vriska said:

birbs

Squawks
    I'm sympathetic to the plight of people whose livelihoods rely on coal, but at the same time I can't, in good conscience, support such an unsafe and environmentally destructive industry

Ideally clean energy production would provide jobs for those people displaced by the phase-out of coal, but I realize the reality is not that simple
  • kill living beings
    also given the context "doesn't support the coal industry" maybe means "doesn't want to gut MSHA again" or the like.
  • was only cashier for two hours, we were incredibly busy

finally another cashier gets here, and it's the woman who tells me I am sure to be fired every time I make a minor mistake, so that was nice.
  • 4 more hours

(*meows despondently*)
    It occurs to me that there are probably lots of people who are familiar with Twelve Angry Men from cartoon parodies than the original play or movie

I'm convinced the kid's innocent by the way
  • God dang animal fuckers

keeping the art industry afloat n shit

makes my stomach turn it do
    In the movie, one of the jurors is played by the guy who voiced Piglet in Winnie The Pooh

He just talks like that

It occurs to me that there are probably lots of people who are familiar with Twelve Angry Men from cartoon parodies than the original play or movie

I'm convinced the kid's innocent by the way

I saw it years ago and adored it, should probably watch it again sometime.
    This is an interesting read, and I'm rather fond of "Colin Spacetwinks."
  • edited 2016-08-24 23:44:26
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)

I'm sympathetic to the plight of people whose livelihoods rely on coal, but at the same time I can't, in good conscience, support such an unsafe and environmentally destructive industry

Ideally clean energy production would provide jobs for those people displaced by the phase-out of coal, but I realize the reality is not that simple

Clintons didn't do no phase-out of coal, no establishment of a clean energy alternative, no nothing.  They gave us one day.  They passed this legislation and enacted it one day later, taking Utah's state government by surprise.  Can't plan for that, no way to soften the blow, just simply, people out of work.  An area the size of Delaware, 1.7 million acres, suddenly federal property.

Oh, and also, Clinton bragged that her winning this year would "put a lot of coal miners out of business".  I hate what coal does to my beautiful Utah environment as much as anybody, but my Utahns, the communities of Carbon, Sevier, and Sanpete county.  They could have at least tried to establish turbines or some other economy or industry or something, but they didn't.

The worst thing Trump ever did, is make me have to vote for a Clinton this year.
  • kill living beings

like me
  • I've seen a random twenty-minute segment from the middle of Twelve Angry Men, and I've seen the simpsons parody, so that's about equal exponsure to both.
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    24 Angry People, also known as casual FFXIV raiding.
    Hey inane, did you watch Magi, or am I remembering incorrectly?
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Man, 5E eclipses everything else. I never even hear people talk about it.