The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Yes
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I am apparently not a real Pennsylvanian

*relief*
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.

i would like an explanation for what is happening in this sincere twitter post depicting an actual phenomenon done by real people not engaged in internet japery

Pennysylmilk is a tradtional Pennsylvanian alcoholic beverage. After leaving milk to mature in a jar of pennies for 2 hours, the milk is then poured into a shot glass containing a mixture of vodka, tequila, and rum.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

i would like an explanation for what is happening in this sincere twitter post depicting an actual phenomenon done by real people not engaged in internet japery

fuck you I'm trying really hard not to laugh so loud I wake up grandma
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    That image sure is a trip.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    She's super, super generous

Like one time I needed to replace a sump pump and I was buying one at Lowe's and she literally jumped in front of me to pay while I already had my Visa card in my hand
  • Jane said:

a what now

it's a sex thing don't ask

Oh yeah I guess you wouldn't be familiar with a sump pump if you live in a trailer, or even a house with no basement

It pumps the water out so your basement doesn't flood, basically

Important to have in rainy areas
  • well I mean I did used to live in a house with a basement.

We had a pump but we just called it like, you know, a pump.
    TIL that The Martian won the Golden Globe Award for Best Motion Picture – Musical or Comedy. Somehow.
  • For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
    Well, it was pretty funny.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    I remember seeing sump pumps in the Sears catalog when I was little, long before I knew what they were for, and I thought the name was the funniest thing.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”

Oh yeah I guess you wouldn't be familiar with a sump pump if you live in a trailer, or even a house with no basement

It pumps the water out so your basement doesn't flood, basically

Important to have in rainy areas

We have one of those in the basement and sometimes when I'm in the living room it sounds like a garbage disposal on the other side of the wall, like there's another house there that I can hear but can't see.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Before the broadcast of TabooSteven Knight said the East India Company would be depicted as the historical equivalent of "the CIA, the NSA, and the biggest, baddest multinational corporation on earth". This description surprised some historians, who argued it would give an excessively negative view of the East India Company.[6]
    Odradek said:

Before the broadcast of TabooSteven Knight said the East India Company would be depicted as the historical equivalent of "the CIA, the NSA, and the biggest, baddest multinational corporation on earth". This description surprised some historians, who argued it would give an excessively negative view of the East India Company.[6]

That's...actually funny on a couple different levels.
    Indeed.
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
  • kill living beings
    i checked the cite and the historian in question says that the company had positive business consequences, like, fella
    ^^ Good.

^ Oh dear deer dere...

Odradek said:

That's...actually funny on a couple different levels.
    That second citation is to the Daily Telegraph
  • Odradek said:

was this written by a relative of mine lmao
    I am mainly just wondering if these people got angry at the East India Company being a villain in the Pirates of the Carribean movies
    Roald Dahl meets SJWs
    Roald Dahl wins

FATALITY
    Whenever I see an attack ad that talks about "wasteful spending" or "raising taxes" I generally find that to be a reason to vote FOR that person
    *raises CA's taxes*
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    What if the guns invented by John Moses Browning were called Jomobros instead of Brownings?
  • Aliroz said:

What if the guns invented by John Moses Browning were called Jomobros instead of Brownings?

then they'd have a better name
    Mojobros, IMO.
  • fight. dream. horse. love.
    my inaugural game of Europa Universalis IV led to me retiring with a score of..... 8

to France's..... 6700

i might need some practice
  • my inaugural game of Europa Universalis IV led to me retiring with a score of..... 8

to France's..... 6700

i might need some practice
    ...how long did you play for? and as who?
    1444 to 1476 as Castile, in the Rise of the Ottomans campaign.
  • oh, well your low score is probably just because you didn't play for very long

FYI. Castile is a terrible start now, they really need to update the "good for new players" thing.
    trampled underfoot
    granted, all I really did was occasionally change advisors and move a little ways up the technology tree

I guess I just find the way it starts you off to be a little overwhelming?
  • try playing as Portugal, your goal is very straightforward and simple--get to the new world and colonize the fuck out of everything.
    Dollar Depot Stores Ltd.
    1696 Pennywise Parkway
    Colerain, Centralia 3F6
  • edited 2016-08-27 02:39:41
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Ok here's an idea

It's just like James and the Giant Peach

But the peach is regular size

The roles of the evil aunts are played by iPhone emoji

And it's released straight to dollar store DVDs
    Jane said:

try playing as Portugal, your goal is very straightforward and simple--get to the new world and colonize the fuck out of everything.

i mean before any of that I have to figure out how to get enough coin so that building things doesn't bankrupt me
    Saying something has bad writing is one of the vaguest possible ways to criticize it
    It could mean anything from Cinema Sins bullshit, to predictability, to poor dialogue, to not being emotionally resonant to the person saying it has bad writing
    It happens a lot in video game criticism, because video game criticism is confused nerd amateur hour
  • edited 2016-08-27 02:57:49
    Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Now you're reminding me of how I sometimes catch myself saying that when I actually can get more specific thorough and whatnot and I feel a little embarrassed (the reasons can vary but whatever). >_>; Unless I don't and I'm being unnecessarily hard because I'm tired and have had even more trouble than usual with words as of late? Still, it's something I worry about doing, thinkin' about it. Hm.
  • Jane said:

try playing as Portugal, your goal is very straightforward and simple--get to the new world and colonize the fuck out of everything.

i mean before any of that I have to figure out how to get enough coin so that building things doesn't bankrupt me
    You don't need to build things very often.
  • If you're losing money just disband some of your navy.