The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• kill living beings
    i have heard that napoleon dynamite is an accurate depiction of idaho. this was mainly meant as a negative description of idaho, however
  • My dreams exceed my real life

I like what a hideous fishtroll man George III is in this.

Demonizing a historical figure who died hundreds of years ago even when this was made, hell yeah.
  • and now my laptop screen hinge has totally died

=~=
  • save lapis lazuli 2k16
  • so i got fallout NV on new year's eve (started playing around 10 pm) and according to steam i've played it for 70 hours so far

which means that i've been playing it literally the majority of my waking hours during 2016

good year so far
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    @Haven I probably should have used the 2016 portion of my winter break more effectively...I just sat around napping, reading that Encyclopedia Brown blog, and playing Euro Truck Simulator 2 and Train Simulator 2016 intermittently
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch

and now my laptop screen hinge has totally died

=~=

RIP your laptop hinge.

Is the machine unusable now?
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.

Demonizing a historical figure who died hundreds of years ago even when this was made, hell yeah.
    apparently outside the united states george iii is mostly known for his crippling mental illness
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    They denied my request to change my legal name to "Autism Jane"

In retrospect I probably shouldn't have attached that 5-page essay on why I don't really want my name to be Jane
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Calica said:

apparently outside the united states george iii is mostly known for his crippling mental illness
    Over here yes.

And very little else, really.
    Madness_of_king_george-715444.jpeg
    I have 255 Tumblr followers.

If I get one more, I'll roll over to zero!

That's now numbers work, right?
  • They denied my request to change my legal name to "Autism Jane"

In retrospect I probably shouldn't have attached that 5-page essay on why I don't really want my name to be Jane
    confused response
    Jane said:

They denied my request to change my legal name to "Autism Jane"

confused response
    My sister's middle name is Jane, so if my name were also Jane that would just create more confusion than it's worth, you see.
    Incidentally, my sister is named after my grandmother, who was Mary Jane

Which is why I can't associate "Mary Jane" with cannabis like most people do
  • Tachyon said:

and now my laptop screen hinge has totally died

=~=

RIP your laptop hinge.

Is the machine unusable now?
    as long as i have something to prop up the screen it is yes

which is a problem

this is progressing much faster than i thought it would
  • Toolsie said:

Found my journal from when I was nearly 15, and I am describing a PC game. What the hell am I on about?

"So I managed to install my new PC game on Friday, and have spent ages on it. One thing I was not told about it the length of the levels. One level takes place in a tiny place etc, but is really complex (plus I have died about 100 times already). The current level is where I have to get to four switches to open four seperate doors, then in each door there is this challenge thing I have to do to get this key thing. It took me a day to get three of the keys. It's really quite complex. "
    I think I was on about Tomb Raider Anniversary... Which makes sense.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    啊弥陀佛。
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    apparently I'm in Groundhog Day

no wonder the same shit keeps happening over and over
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)

i have heard that napoleon dynamite is an accurate depiction of idaho. this was mainly meant as a negative description of idaho, however

Yes, because you are of the internet people, and not of my people.

The internet is no place for one such as I.
  • edited 2016-01-10 03:54:45
    kill living beings
    Aliroz said:

Yes, because you are of the internet people, and not of my people.

The internet is no place for one such as I.
    No, this was in real life.

My boss. Lived in Idaho and Utah and other places I don't remember.

At the same time I learned the incredible nature of Utah liquor laws, you see
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Oh, shoosh.
    Jumpingzombie was from Idaho. Remember Jumpingzombie?
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    唵嘛呢叭咪吽。
    (2015 self)

Incidentally, my sister is named after my grandmother, who was Mary Jane

cannabis

And here we see, brave travellers, a young Aliroz bursting out of its sanity cocoon to become a beautiful ragemonster.  Keep the tranquilizers ready, an unprovoked attack could come at any moment.
    Nothin' wrong with Idaho.
  • kill living beings

Oh, shoosh.

i will never shoosh about 2% abv beer

what's the fucking point of that
    (2015 self)
    NOTE:  That was a self-depreciating joke at the expense of my own, sometimes extremely short and easily set-off, temper. 
    I was shooshing Al in a joking way.
    (2015 self)
    I am unshooshable and unpapable/unpappable.

I refuse the shoosh.

I WILL NOT BE SILENCED!
    Does "unpapable" mean you can never become Pope?
    Shoosh ninjas
  • kill living beings
    i will not be silence- fuck, good thing i refreshed
    I remember thinking that Napoleon Dynamite made Idaho look like a pretty nice place, actually.
    (2015 self)
    Sorry, I'm just cranky because I have to go back to school on Monday.
  • kill living beings
    school is great tho
    I would be, too.
    Aliroz said:

Sorry, I'm just cranky because I have to go back to school on Monday.

lol same here
    (2015 self)
    Finals and dead week were incredibly stressful.

I just wanna NOT have homework be 10% of the grade and the final test be 40% of the grade.

It kinda makes me feel like my hard work is worth nothing.
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    I don't think I enjoyed a single moment of Napoleon Dynamite.
    Crystal said:

O_O
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    I have never seen Napoleon Dynamite.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

No, she just lived there once. She moved there from Nashville
  • edited 2016-01-10 04:27:14
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    Crystal said:

Neither did Roger Ebert.  It's... not a movie that I would recommend to everyone.

Half of the jokes only make sense if you grew up in Idaho in the eighties, or had parents who grew up in Idaho in the eighties.

It's really, really, really niche.  Sure, there's broad-appeal humor (the product tested by being run over that, well, breaks), but it's basically, well, for a lot of the humor, you have to have been there at that time, or known someone from that time and place (the scene where the cow is shot in front of a school bus is based on several similar 'incidents' that may or may not have happened over the years, turning into urban legends and playground stories of the "my brother was totally there!" type).
  • edited 2016-01-10 04:27:24
    Munch munch, chomp chomp...

Crystal said:

O_O
    Yes.
    Aliroz said:

Crystal said:

Neither did Roger Ebert.  It's... not a movie that I would recommend to everyone.

Half of the jokes only make sense if you grew up in Idaho in the eighties, or had parents who grew up in Idaho in the eighties.

It's really, really, really niche.  Sure, there's broad-appeal humor, but it's basically, well, for a lot of the humor, you have to have been there at that time, or known someone from that time and place.
    I got the jokes, more or less. The broad appeal humor brought it down for me, not that the niche humor was even appealing, and the overall tone and style of the film put me off of it.

E: Mind you this was years ago, but even having gotten more familiar with the history and whatnot relevant to the film, it didn't stick with me.
    Anonus said:

No, she just lived there once. She moved there from Nashville
    I knew that. I was just testing you. u_u