The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Well, the overall tone and style of the film is pretty much the part of the film that impresses me most, and the part that I find most resonant.

But, well, there's probably movies you like which have styles and tones that would put me off, and that's alright.
  • edited 2016-01-10 04:33:28
    Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Quite so. I was watching it in a group, and more than a fair few were entertained... but to each their own. Maybe I'd feel differently now. I'm just not inclined to try and confirm or deny that, heh.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    it has so many funny lines
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    I am curious why both of you feel that way, though, beyond the reasons already given. Like, surprise I can get, but O_O seemed peculiar (then again, me).
    I dunno, some things just seem obviously funny to me. But I guess that's subjective.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

it has so many funny lines

holy shit you like Napoleon Dynamite?

I thought you didn't watch any movies made after, like, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
    I have seen more than a few movies post-Last Crusade. Most of them I didn't care for but ND amused me.
  • I also would not peg Imi 

as someone who would enjoy Napoleon Dynamite.
    no one wants to peg me :(
  • kill living beings
    Mango has someone googling "heart beating fast symptoms", and it comes up with "love", which is cute and all, so how come when I do it I get tachycardia
  • I also like Napoleon Dynamite, but you could probably get me to laugh at soggy bread, so.
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.

Mango has someone googling "heart beating fast symptoms", and it comes up with "love", which is cute and all, so how come when I do it I get tachycardia

Symptoms of your heart beating fast: Your heart beats fast.
  • LWLW
    edited 2016-01-10 06:21:49

Aliroz said:

Finals and dead week were incredibly stressful.

I just wanna NOT have homework be 10% of the grade and the final test be 40% of the grade.

It kinda makes me feel like my hard work is worth nothing.

That sounds frustrating. I never really liked it when a grade for a class was really heavily dependent on one paper, exam, etc.

I think it trivializes the rest of the work people put into the class like you said and can sometimes actually encourage people to not care much about the class until the final exam, project, or whatever, which seems to me to be sort of the opposite of what you would want to have happen. Also, I like having second chances and a final that is worth a huge percentage of your grade gives you less margin for error.
  • ahh, I am now in a state where I'm really worked up over creeps I read online and now can't calm down.

fahh.
  • I've been in a class where the final was 100% of the grade.

And another where each of the four exams was 25% of the grade.

They are very stressful classes.
  • LWLW
    edited 2016-01-10 06:24:40

I've been in a class where the final was 100% of the grade.

And another where each of the four exams was 25% of the grade.

They are very stressful classes.

If I remember right, most lawl skool classes have finals which are worth 90%-100% of the course grade. I am not really a big fan of that, partly because I feel like it can end up encouraging cramming.
  • i had a class with 2 tests, where each was worth 50%

i did fine, but the stress was in the first test because you had no clue how hard it was going to be
  • "Bigley is out for Revenge!

This is an encrypted message for dank memers only:

Hello Dank Memers,

We have a huge problem on our hands that could end the world as we know it. Bigley and Cucumber Dog have joined forces with the illuminati to rid the world of dank memes. Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to terminate the trio to save dank memes for all to enjoy. In order to accept the mission and eliminate the meme killers, download Bigley's Revenge for the Wii U™ right now and 360 noscope the enemies to oblivion.

This message will now self-destruct m8.

Sincerely,
    The President of The United States of Memes"
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    My microeconomics class was interesting because there were two ways they would calculate your grade: (a) two midterms worth 25% and a final worth 50%, or (b) both midterms dropped and your final exam score doubled to make 100%

They would automatically choose whichever one gave you the higher grade
    dank
  • kill living beings
    Outdated Memes News: "This Is My Milwaukee" credits Tale of Game's [sic] (Tales of Game’s Studios Presents Chef Boyardee’s Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden, Chapter 1 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa)
    Chef Boyardee is disgusting
  • kill living beings
    tsukasa and subaru, sitting in a tree, bee yu arr enn eye enn gee
  • Anonus said:

Chef Boyardee is disgusting

Twistaroni was my jam when I was like 15.

Then they stopped making it and I haven't eaten anything with Chef Boiardi on it since.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Don't worry, guys; I don't look down on you for being jealous of the fact that I'm literally Star Butterfly.
    The Imicow would rather be the Imicow.
    I'm worried that wanting to make the most of the last weekend of my winter break by goofing off and staying up late is bad ._.
  • if u want to make the most of your winter break

throw your television out the window 
  • it is the worst

(*silently judges*)
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Remember, your TV, and not your computer, even if you don't use your TV anymore and watch programs off streams.

Only throw your TV, because your computer is your life.
  • KRS One didn't tell me nothin about killing my computer.
    Jane said:

if u want to make the most of your winter break

throw your television out the window 
    good thing you can't throw the cineplex out the window (\\')
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    You can if you're strong enough.
  • kill living beings
    I want to see people hacking each other apart with adzes and laughing
    blow up your tv
  • edited 2016-01-10 07:15:42
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    goddammit jane, i can barely lift this thing, let alone throw it out a window

I don't know, I feel weird about the fact that I intend to stay up till like 4-5 AM tonight doing nothing but then I have to be in bed by midnight tomorrow night because school on Monday >_<
  • that's called work creep and it sucks and I sympathize with you so hard.
  • SDTV

I'm probably going to run into the same conundrum, but on Wednesday
  • I am not going back to school soon because if i take more courses at the place im at now any school i'd transfer to would not look at my test scores apparently

which is a pain

I was gonna set up tours with the two schools I'm considering last week, but then time got away from me so i will have to do that monday
    Jane said:

that's called work creep and it sucks and I sympathize with you so hard.

Tre said:

SDTV

I'm probably going to run into the same conundrum, but on Wednesday

Well my question is...should I feel guilty over this?
  • no, the guilt is the problem, you're not supposed to feel bad for enjoying yourself on what is effectively a night off
    oh.

ok.
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Y'all be posers.
    Jane said:

centy

be a crystal gem with us
    but.........which one?