The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    oone way, but we're not telling you which one, you'll just have to find out ;)
  • I napped for two hours today

let's see how long I can go before devolving into a rambling mess.

Current status: had to retype devolving several times after accidentally typing "devlong" instead
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    There's an ice cream truck going around the neighborhood.

It's November.
  • I just had a root beer float, so clearly there is a market for that type of thing.

(Then again, I'm the type of person who would actively try to order my favorite seasonal beverage from Starbucks long after its retirement for the year/discontinuation, so maybe I'm just a nut.)
  • tumut
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Oh jegus, Caliborn's art.
  • kill living beings
    good watermark
  • Cali8orn's art is most definitely a thing.
  • there is a black guy in a ten gallon hat in this McDonalds advertisement
  • there were plenty of black cowboys back when cowboys were a thing

but that seems to be glossed over a lot
  • That's bc at some point cowboys got absorbed into the American hero canon and those tend to be depicted as cishet white men, cuz that's what execs think sells.
  • My dreams exceed my real life

Stories I'd rather read in the Marvel Universe than another punch-up

* a psychic using their powers to translate for a nonverbal autistic kid. 

* police developing ways to solve cases involving mutants who haven't done anything "call in the avengers" worthy. like embezzling 

* a week in the life of an average Wakandan

* a network of internet friends trying to investigate the disappearance of a friend who also claimed they were a superhero

* a scientist and a wizard traveling the world and falling in love while they try to create the Magi-mechanical Golem

* a crew of grave robbers who try to steal superhero/supervillain memorabilia and sell it before they inevitably come back from the dead

* an intern at an ad agency uses "cyclops was right" as a slogan for not-GAP, and now the ad agency has to deal with the media fallout for supporting a terrorist (he is considered a terrorist after that whole AvX thing, right Kraken?)

* a morlock escapes to the surface in pursuit of a supermodel he saw on a discarded magazine. his friends have to capture him before he or they are caught by the authorities

* a movie crew trying to film an Avengers movie (yes, I am willing to accept something this meta)

* a handful of rich twentysomethings attend a transhumanist sanitarium whose leader is charismatic and yet very, very, very mad
    *Extremely Marvel Disney Voice* But where are the quips??????????
  • quips rule everything around me

(*the onion editorial cartoon man stands in the corner*)
  • meow meow meowtherfuckers
    i have a deep need to do something star wars related but i heard swtor is shitty and i don't know what else i could do

this is what i get for finally watching all six movies in the year of 2015 
  • Try Star Wars *Knights of* the Old Republic

Then be disappointed because those two games are the best EU anything.
  • Or play Mass Effect
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I'm so tempted to steal half those ideas and apply them to my own shit
    i'll see about trying knights when i have money (or if i can trick persuade someone into buying it for me) 

all i know about it is that you can romance a girl, which is really all i need to know

@Yarrun: i'm into the police + scientist/wizard ones 
  • It doesn't really formalize its relationships in the way that other Bioware games do.

KotOR2 is more interesting than the first but it requires an understanding of it. It's also, like, SUPER rough around the edges and is a lot less accessible than the first thematically, and contains some possible objectivist tendencies. I've spent a lot of time trying to unpack it and figure out if those are the intent or if I'm misreading it.
  • Father shall be swallowed by the son, and brother shall be swallowed by brother.

no quip zone

Discrimination!
    The morlocks are the better version of the X-Men who show up less.
    Just hear those fangirls giggling, copyright infringing too

Come on it's lovely weather for some fanfic together with you
  • edited 2015-11-16 00:35:39
    We can do anything if we do it together.
    Epitome said:

i have a deep need to do something star wars related but i heard swtor is shitty and i don't know what else i could do

At the risk of provoking another #content argument, what did you think of the prequels?
    Watch the Clone Wars movie and tell me if it is really that bad (it must be bad because nobody ever counts it)
    Peopled liked the original Clone Wars miniseries.
    They did, but that's not the movie.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.

Stories I'd rather read in the Marvel Universe than another punch-up

* an intern at an ad agency uses "cyclops was right" as a slogan for not-GAP, and now the ad agency has to deal with the media fallout for supporting a terrorist (he is considered a terrorist after that whole AvX thing, right Kraken?)
    Yes, yes, and FUCK YES.

Also, I miss Peter David's X-Factor series, which was peripheral mutant characters solving crimes and being private detectives and fucking each other and dealing with their problems because they were all messed-up people.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Avengers Academy tried something interesting (guide a bunch of superhuman kids Norman Osborne's Dark Reign to walk the straight-and-narrow path because if not they might all be horrible murderous villains also some of them might be doomed cases already?), but the execution was meh, it went into weird directions, and I lost interest.
  • MachSpeed said:

Avengers Academy tried something interesting (guide a bunch of superhuman kids Norman Osborne's Dark Reign to walk the straight-and-narrow path because if not they might all be horrible murderous villains also some of them might be doomed cases already?), but the execution was meh, it went into weird directions, and I lost interest.

It's an okay one, I suppose, but still too...superhero-y for what I'm going for.

Which of my premises was your favorite?
    Ad agency, grave robbers, scientist and wizard.

Epitome said:

At the risk of provoking another #content argument, what did you think of the prequels?
    Oh man. Time for some #controversial opinions, maybe? And also spoilers, obviously. I actually liked the second episode and disliked the third episode, which is apparently the 'best' movie in the trilogy. Besides the romance, I didn't really see anything offensively bad about episode two. Episode three, though...

ou had three movies to focus on Anakin's slow descent into evil, and then it's suddenly like "i'm going to go warn mace windu about palpatine being a sith lord! oh no palpatine and mace windu are fighting what do i do i'm so conflicted?? oh no i accidentally killed mace windu!! guess i'm your completely devoted evil servant now time to immediately jump straight to killing kids to show how evil i am!" Also, was Senator Organa in any of the other movies besides the last? It would've been really easy to put him in the other two, but in the end he seemed kind of...shoehorned him in? I felt like a lot of aspects of the third movie were forced in to fit in with the original trilogy. Feel free to correct me on anything I didn't fully understand, haha. 
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.

let's get a mouse in every house
    I wonder how many people realize that "The Binding of Isaac" isn't a reference to the Bible story, but in fact, the 1989 film starring David Bowie as the King of Fairies
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    moo
    neigh
  • every time I open my laptop I have an irrational(?) fear that I'm going to snap the screen off its hinge.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    mooneigh
    Does occasionally standing around my bedroom pretending to direct traffic mean I'm a pathetic womanchild?