The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• I guess what I mean to say is that what is good art for adults is not the same thing is what is good art for children, though there is overlap.
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    Yeah, I get you.

I just feel kinda strongly on this subject, and I guess it blinds me in times like this.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

condensing the episodes down to like 10 minutes would have helped the show be not as... strained

also, better writing generally

but of course it is a show for 6 year olds, so great writing would be... you'd rather have the writers putting their talents where they would be appreciated

most of the show's writers had worked on other shows previously, whatever deficiencies you see might be what Hasbro wanted them to write

I am more apt to blame them because they are a soulless toy company
  • And I really do think that there should be more good art for kids, and i think that MLP:FIM is a good example of good art for kids (maybe? im no longer a kid so)

but it does not please my sensibilities as an adult person
  • so when i am making critiques here in terms of the writing, i am speaking in terms of "this is what it would need to make me enjoy it" even though my enjoyment is wholly irrelevant to the whole enterprise
  • though i do still feel my complaint about the episodes running too long still stands
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    MachSpeed said:

Do we even know French people?

my advisor's french
    It certainly feels like it's a bit lower-level than other children's cartoons of this era.

I generally prefer shows that are the result of the vision of one person or a team thinking in sync. MLP was an exception, but still.

(Also, a lot of my writing is meant for kids, maybe I ought to show it to you, see what you think)
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    Fair, fair.

I don't mind it for the most part, but I suppose that's at least partially because I tend to use it as a way to cope with unhappiness, and when you're doing that, you don't really want anything too complicated.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    this is the cheapest cartoon i've ever seen
  • kill living beings
    why would you copyright takedown an anime OP... are you bad people
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Go is a large magnitude more cheap than Energon because AT LEAST IN ENERGON THEIR LIPS FUCKING MOVE

It's like they spent all their money on certain parts of Optimus Exprime and left nothing for anyone else.
  • yeah but Energon episodes often aired unfinished.

I guess Go is cheaper but Energon is more

bad?
    Okay, I'll concede that unfinished is worse than cheap.
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Energon sounds like an evil electric company. Run by eco-terrorists. Or blood mages.
    Cheap =/= bad
  • MachSpeed said:

Okay, I'll concede that unfinished is worse than cheap.

also typos in the title cards
    It isn't, but it really doesn't serve the style and what they're going for.

You have these ultra-detailed toy-like figures, and not only do their lips not move, their whole bodies don't move. Go basically uses just still frames to represent its non-human characters.

Animated is cheap, but it's simple and cartoony and the cheapness serves it.
    right
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    I mean, just look at JoJo's Bizarre Adventure to see what you can do when your budget is a small cabbage, a half melted candle, and three moths.
    Or Rocky & Bullwinkle, or Space Ghost Coast to Coast...
  • edited 2015-11-15 08:08:36
    Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    There's two meters of "Worth Watching."

There's "Money To Burn." At the lowest end, you have Go, which has a single .5 dollar bill per episode like the Little Match Girl. At the highest end, you have Bayformers, which just burns money by the mountain every five seconds.

There's "Gives A Fuck." At the lowest end, you have G1, which is not to disparage it, because there were no fucks in existence for fucks to trade, and they were inventing the idea of fucks in the first place. At the highest end, you have IDW's comics, which are incredibly dense with characters and concepts from wildly different properties and mediums.

To me, Prime and GI Joe vs. Transformers is like, 50/50 on both meters.
  • some people here clearly have no idea what their tshirts with english on actually say

yesterday i saw a dude in a shirt that said 'I USED TO BE A HOOKER' in huge letters and a dad out with his family in a shirt that said 'Heroin: great quality and popularity'
    It is great quality and popularity.
    What is internet.org and why does it sound so sketchy?
  • Hmm.

Maybe it's

the entire internet. Condensed down to an org.
  • I'm going to ddos internet.org and *voice pitches down 2 octaves* take down the entire internet
  • edited 2015-11-15 13:19:41
    My dreams exceed my real life

or like how The Wiggles aren't Yes

The Wiggles should cover Roundabout
  • The Wiggled 

is this what their horrific elder god infestation form is called
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Damn you phone touchscreen
  • Every fucker in Sheffield has decided that today, of all days, is the best time to go to Manchester Airport.
  • I tried to get on a train and the whole platform was full of people with suitcases cramming onto a three carriage train. I only wanted to go Stockport, damnit!
  • edited 2015-11-15 13:35:33
    Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    I give up on this bit of homework. I can't do it. I don't give a fuck about public opinion and opinion polls, and thus I have nothing to say about them.
  • On another train, sat on a small seat near the doors because two of the carriages are empty with reserved seats, whilst the other two are unreserved and crammed full.

Logic.
    I think my new approach to life (don't think about unuseful things) is seriously interfering with my chosen occupation (journalist).
  • edited 2015-11-15 13:42:23
    Specifically, as a journalist, I should be asking what people think, but I've also been conditioning myself to not care what people think.
    I tried again.

I can’t do it. I can’t write three paragraphs on why I don’t care about public opinion.
  • But one advantage this route has is the view of the Pennines.

Very picturesque.
    Embedded image permalink
  • he spends the whole Sunday railing against Led Zeppelin for stealing from black people
  • but while well intentioned he uses the word "negroes" which makes everyone really uncomfortable
  • he spends the whole Sunday railing against Led Zeppelin for stealing from black people

but while well intentioned he uses the word "negroes" which makes everyone really uncomfortable

that is ideal
    Page 8
  • kill living beings
    Heb. 9:27 said:

And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

it took me like five minutes to figure out how this supported what he meant. i kinda hate the KJV sometimes
  • Stories I'd rather read in the Marvel Universe than another punch-up

* a psychic using their powers to translate for a nonverbal autistic kid. 

* police developing ways to solve cases involving mutants who haven't done anything "call in the avengers" worthy. like embezzling 

* a week in the life of an average Wakandan

* a network of internet friends trying to investigate the disappearance of a friend who also claimed they were a superhero

* a scientist and a wizard traveling the world and falling in love while they try to create the Magi-mechanical Golem

* a crew of grave robbers who try to steal superhero/supervillain memorabilia and sell it before they inevitably come back from the dead

* an intern at an ad agency uses "cyclops was right" as a slogan for not-GAP, and now the ad agency has to deal with the media fallout for supporting a terrorist (he is considered a terrorist after that whole AvX thing, right Kraken?)

* a morlock escapes to the surface in pursuit of a supermodel he saw on a discarded magazine. his friends have to capture him before he or they are caught by the authorities

* a movie crew trying to film an Avengers movie (yes, I am willing to accept something this meta)

* a handful of rich twentysomethings attend a transhumanist sanitarium whose leader is charismatic and yet very, very, very mad