The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    no, it means you have some imagination, and that is a thing to be cherished.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    it means you are a road geek
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    sometimes i even put on the reflective vest first
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    You are... a huge nerd, but you're not doing anything harmful or creepy or disruptive, so it's seriously none of my business. Sounds fun, in a goofy way.
  • edited 2015-11-16 02:38:30
    My dreams exceed my real life
    Chesterton on /r/atheism

This is the last and most astounding fact about this faith; that its enemies will use any weapon against it, the swords that cut their own fingers, and the firebrands that burn their own homes. Men who begin to fight the Church for the sake of freedom and humanity end by flinging away freedom and humanity if only they may fight the Church. This is no exaggeration; I could fill a book with the instances of it. Mr. Blatchford set out, as an ordinary Bible-smasher, to prove that Adam was guiltless of sin against God; in manoeuvring so as to maintain this he admitted, as a mere side issue, that all the tyrants, from Nero to King Leopold, were guiltless of any sin against humanity. I know a man who has such a passion for proving that he will have no personal existence after death that he falls back on the position that he has no personal existence now. He invokes Buddhism and says that all souls fade into each other; in order to prove that he cannot go to heaven he proves that he cannot go to Hartlepool. I have known people who protested against religious education with arguments against any education, saying that the child's mind must grow freely or that the old must not teach the young. I have known people who showed that there could be no divine judgment by showing that there can be no human judgment, even for practical purposes. They burned their own corn to set fire to the church; they smashed their own tools to smash it; any stick was good enough to beat it with, though it were the last stick of their own dismembered furniture. We do not admire, we hardly excuse, the fanatic who wrecks this world for love of the other. But what are we to say of the fanatic who wrecks this world out of hatred of the other? He sacrifices the very existence of humanity to the non-existence of God. He offers his victims not to the altar, but merely to assert the idleness of the altar and the emptiness of the throne. He is ready to ruin even that primary ethic by which all things live, for his strange and eternal vengeance upon some one who never lived at all.
  • edited 2015-11-16 02:42:23
    kill living beings
    delete
  • kill living beings
    i dunno, the nero one just Bugs Me
    nobody can go to Hartlepool
  • kill living beings
    i do appreciate the mention of king leopold being a shtifuck
  • Being an adult is being glad that you have actual dishwashing liquid instead of repurposed bodywash

Seriously, the difference between them in terms of dishwashing ability is larger than I expected. I will never take the former for granted again
  • kill living beings
    bodywash in a dishwasher? and i thought i was living the college life
    I am shocked and appalled
  • bodywash in a dishwasher? and i thought i was living the college life

you assume I'm living well enough to have a dishwasher? 
  • Like, seriously, there was this saucepan that i literally could not get the grease off of until I bought dishwashing soap

I just gave up halfway and hid it under the sink in shame.
  • edited 2015-11-16 03:40:11
    Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.

I know a man who has such a passion for proving that he will have no personal existence after death that he falls back on the position that he has no personal existence now. He invokes Buddhism and says that all souls fade into each other; in order to prove that he cannot go to heaven he proves that he cannot go to Hartlepool.

That's kind of accurate, I guess. But also why it matters to the man mentioned here. I mean, I kind of...don't care if God exists? In general, we shouldn't care?

He offers his victims not to the altar, but merely to assert the idleness of the altar and the emptiness of the throne.

This is a good line and I'm totally stealing it.
    "the emptiness of the throne" is a good phrase
  • reality compression
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Reminder: November 2011 was a month that happened.

• edited 2015-11-16 04:15:48
    Know your lines? Of course you know your lines! But I don't want to just hear your lines...I wanna hear what's in YOUR SOULS!!
  • edited 2015-11-16 04:21:39
    We can do anything if we do it together.
    @Epitome

I meant to respond earlier, but it slipped my mind until I got reminded.

Anyway, what you said is hardly a controversial opinion. We've just had some really dumb arguments about the Star Wars films, particularly the prequels, around here, so I was disclaiming my question with that remark.

FWIW, I am pretty much agreed with you about the defects of the third film, even if I would probably be a bit more negative towards them than you are.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Zeether said:

who's the dude in the yellow coat?
  • Know your lines? Of course you know your lines! But I don't want to just hear your lines...I wanna hear what's in YOUR SOULS!!
    The new host, apparently. It's supposed to be Jonah Ray, though, and he doesn't look like Jonah Ray.
    Is it okay to switch back to a Cadpig avatar?
    Of course not. Animal control will come and take her to the pound immediately.
    You do realize she'll just roast 'em with her fire breath, right?
    You haven't met Centralian animal control officers, I see.
    hm?
    you do not fuck with Centralian animal control officers
  • Poststructuralist Theory For Self Defence
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    David Cameron is facing fresh ‘hypocrisy’ charges after it emerged he had lobbied against police cuts in his local area.
    Just days after a leaked letter set out his criticism of Oxfordshire County Council service cuts, the Prime Minister was revealed to have argued also against the closure of police stations in his Witney constituency.
    Mr Cameron privately lobbied to stop the closure of police stations in his own backyard as Thames Valley Police force tried to find nearly £60m of savings, the BBC’s Newsnight reported.
    Downing Street vigorously rejected the 'hypocrisy' charge and said the PM had acted in his capacity as a local MP because he believed Thames Valley Police could save money without hitting front-line services.
    Leader of Tory Party Confused that Tories are Tories
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    I am going to pay Lowtax a million dollars to ban people every time they say "Fallout".
  • Reading about grisly deaths in bathtub whilst eating a cheese and onion slice.

A day in the life of a forensic science student.
  • I'm not in the bathtub.

I'm in the library.

I'm reading about grisly death that took place in bathtubs, as in they were murdered whilst taking a bath.
  • Jane said:

FUCK Hartlepool

i know they elected a monkey as their mayor but this is going a bit far imo
  • David Cameron is facing fresh ‘hypocrisy’ charges after it emerged he had lobbied against police cuts in his local area.
    Just days after a leaked letter set out his criticism of Oxfordshire County Council service cuts, the Prime Minister was revealed to have argued also against the closure of police stations in his Witney constituency.
    Mr Cameron privately lobbied to stop the closure of police stations in his own backyard as Thames Valley Police force tried to find nearly £60m of savings, the BBC’s Newsnight reported.
    Downing Street vigorously rejected the 'hypocrisy' charge and said the PM had acted in his capacity as a local MP because he believed Thames Valley Police could save money without hitting front-line services.
    Leader of Tory Party Confused that Tories are Tories
    actually tories just have a belief that state run services are inherently wasteful and that their cuts are not hurting anyone but just cutting red tape, because without the profit motive bureaucracy multiplies or some equally laughable shit

then when admin staff have been laid off over and over and nonvital services cut and then departments have to cut more and police cant investigate crimes and hospitals cant treat sick people and councils cant take out the bins or fix the roads tories are just like 'but, uh, uh, arent you cutting the red tape? just get rid of some regulations and bureaucracy?' unaware that in fact there is no bureaucracy left to cut, just front line services. like, they're not evil, they're just very very rich people who will never even come close to understanding what life is like for the majority of the country
  • anyhow today i found out i will be living/working in taipei for the next year which is v cool because after a few days in this ciity i think i like it a lot!!
  • i got off my phone to my new manager and the first thing he has done is sent me a friend request on fb

i am currrently frantically scrolling down my feed to make sure there is nothing incriminating
  • tbh he seems like a chill guy but im still mildly freaking out
  • My roots are starting to show a bit. But the odd thing is that my natural hair colour is lighter than the colour it currently it, but my roots now look brown, as if they are still wet whilst the rest of my hair is dry.
  • tl;dr my roots are brown, my hair is red. Even though my natural hair colour is dirt blonde.
    YouTube made a "YT Music" app for Android

"Oh good," I thought. "They finally realized people use YouTube for background music."

Hahaha nope

It still stops playing when you switch away from the app or lock your phone

Way to miss the point, guys
  • The best thing about Uni is that the lecturers swear.

In a fibres lecture, my lecture said "They say nylon was named after an office in New York and an office in London. It's a load of bollocks."
    Hunter x Hunter, except all the characters are replaced by gay goats.
    I have typed gay goats enough times that my phone keyboard auto predicts it. :|
  • My speed walking skills come in handy, especially when I'm walking home in the dark.
  • It does also make me sweat my tits off, but whatever.