The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

If Mel Blanc lived to see the Internet, would he be posting little clips of himself doing Looney Tunes voices to Twitter?

now you're making me sad about Daws

Meanwhile, my dad's family was your more stereotypical suburban family that tried to look as "respectable" as possible.

did he come from a suburban background? My dad didn't, he seemed to grow up downtrodden, but he had that same thing going on...
    it was almost certainly meant to deflect racism
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I've seen the neighborhood where my father grew up. It's about as bland 1950s suburbia as you can get in West Virginia.

He wasn't born until the late 1960s but still.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    GARFIELD

commander and the leader

HEATHCLIFF

he is the joy and the laughter

BUCKY

he is toughest fighter

COMIC CATS SAVE THE DAY
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    What about Bucky's Mancunian cousin?
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Goodnight, folkles.
    Nighty night Sredni.

HH things I totally forgot existed: the completely useless moderator-only and administrator-only versions of the Activity page.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    I am going to see Rocky Horror tonight.
    Did The Powerpuff Girls ever do any Halloween episodes? I need something seasonal to watch that I haven't seen a million times already.
  • There was that one episode with the zombie magician, but it wasn't really Halloween themed.
    Also the Boogieman episode
    Torgo said:

Also the Boogieman episode

The image of the disco ball blocking out the sun was once one of my most enduring memories of PPG
  • Why am I listening to vaporwave?
  • why wouldnt you
  • LWLW
    edited 2015-10-24 23:22:51

• listen to Late Night Delight by Luxury Elite and Saint Pepsi
    We're watching Back to the Future: Part II

A lot of older popular entertainment seems to glamorize teenage cruelty/"boys will be boys" shit, and I'm glad that doesn't happen anymore
    Also, there's a Japanese executive who talks in Engrish, which was a great way for Universal to endear itself to its Japanese buyer, Matsushita
    I'm not sure my grandma is enjoying Rocky Horror
    We are at a live performance

I am not sure how my mother did not know this wasn't a great idea

It is intermission
  • edited 2015-10-25 00:40:27
    Ich bin ein jelly doughnut
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

(This is an Undertale "fangame" as made by someone who did not play Undertale.)
  • edited 2015-10-25 00:41:55
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Maybe you and your grandma and mom could leave and do something fun?
    This is fun, she just isn't grooving to it
  • kill living beings
  • kill living beings
    bet he doesn't have my patented "what is thyme? whatever, let's sprinkle some on" recipe
  • rayman said:

bet he doesn't have my patented "what is thyme? whatever, let's sprinkle some on" recipe

• my endoresement of undertale: it has caused me to laugh out loud, which is very rare, even when I find something funny
  • :3 said:

my endoresement of undertale: it has caused me to laugh out loud, which is very rare, even when I find something funny

what part caused u to laugh aloud
  • kill living beings
    i still don't know what the fuck the standard of cooking for college students is

i mean i think spaghetti is pretty easy but it or equivalents doesn't seem to be a usual thing?

my "fuck, i don't care" meal is reheating leftovers, or cooking rice and putting chicken and beans in it
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    that sounds like about the peak of my standards of cooking at uni

like *occasionally* if i felt adventurous i'd make a curry, but otherwise pasta was me on a relatively can-be-bothered day, as opposed to, like, beans on toast or whatever

my endoresement of undertale: it has caused me to laugh out loud, which is very rare, even when I find something funny

the Junior Jumble bit, the date w/ Sans with the fucking power meter, the Greater Dog

fucking everything
  • edited 2015-10-25 01:18:34
    We can do anything if we do it together.
    LW said:

Why am I listening to vaporwave?

Go listen to Far Side Virtual and Chuck Person's Eccojams Vol. 1.

:3 said:

the Junior Jumble bit, the date w/ Sans with the fucking power meter, the Greater Dog

fucking everything
    YOU'RE MEETING ALL OF MY STANDARDS
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    I can't wait for @0vvvv0 to play Undertale too.

I'm still ready to gift it to him any time. I just need to know if I need to.
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Daylight Savings Time Travel
    Anyone remember the Emile virus?

It's a computer virus that makes it so you can only type "durkheim"
  • edited 2015-10-25 01:53:35
    Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    I don't believe durkheim durkheim durkheim durkheim durkheim durkheim durkheim durkheim DURK
    It's funny, I had that dream in like 2012 and I woke up thinking "what a really stupid thing for a computer virus to do"

But now I've watched a bunch of danooct1's videos and...yeah, computer viruses really do random crap like that
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    A computer virus that puts gradually scarier pictures of potatoes in random folders.
    Rocky Horror was fun, I think my grandma was vaguely traumatized but she's fine now.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    *riffs*
    Everyone always gets it wrong.

Mary Shelley was the author, the scientist is Mary Shelley's monster.
    Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley.

Daughter of feminist philosopher Mary Wollstonecraft, and anarchist philosopher William Godwin, and wife of poet Percy Bysse Shelley.
  • edited 2015-10-25 02:14:40
    My dreams exceed my real life
    The British Critic attacks the novel's flaws as the fault of the author: "The writer of it is, we understand, a female; this is an aggravation of that which is the prevailing fault of the novel; but if our authoress can forget the gentleness of her sex, it is no reason why we should; and we shall therefore dismiss the novel without further comment" (438).

Wow, oh man