The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
  • Got some hair goo in. Not completely done yet, but nearly.
  • The hair goo is on!
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    I think someone claimed my copy of Undertale.

I didn't even know I backed Undertale.
  • The hair is done ♥
    It wasn't really a playtest. I was running it for a convention.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    >the surprisingly successful Mickey Mouse Disco in 1979

OH MY GOD fucking hilarious
  • Ooooooh me gums are a-hurtin'
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    as a discipline, math doesn't seem to have much respect for or interest in its own history

at least, not compared to the arts or the humanities, or even the physical sciences
  • My dreams exceed my real life

"I wish I had your spiritual fulfillment"

"Lol get fucked heretic"
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Do I have the right to punch anyone who uses the, "this is what X actually believe", line?

Because I want that right.

Do I have the right to punch anyone who uses the, "this is what X actually believe", line?

This is what aliroz actually wants.
  • edited 2015-10-24 14:01:17
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Your gut has been added to the punching list.
    Ow.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I wonder what would happen if you dropped an iPhone in sodium hydroxide.

Before you worry yourself, no, I'm not actually gonna do it; I'm not that dumb.

But if someone on YouTube were to do it, I'd totally like and subscribe.
  • Do I have the right to punch anyone who uses the, "this is what X actually believe", line?

You may punch them in spirit with my blessing.

You may not punch them in person with my blessing.
    I like this segment as a "the audience is culpable in semi-horrific acts" thing.
  • *shakes bottle once*

fuck
  • *shakes bottle a second time*

you
    I want to beat you to death with a blunt object

I want to get one of those high end fashion mannequins grab them by the ankles and bash your ribcage in

I want to sharpen 5 pencils, bind them with a rubber band, put them in your mouth and punch the erasers

I want to strap you to a bead of nails then strap that bed of nails to the hood of my car so I can watch you suffer as we drive over speed bumps on a mall parking lot during an earthquake

I want you to somehow survive a terrible car crash and somehow not survive a small fender bender on the way back from the hospital

Thank you, that was called 'Dad'.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    If Mel Blanc lived to see the Internet, would he be posting little clips of himself doing Looney Tunes voices to Twitter?
    On Vocaroo, yes.
    Or Vine.
    I was thinking Vine, yeah.

Because part of the novelty would be seeing Bugs or Daffy's voices coming from an actual human man.
  • edited 2015-10-24 18:29:01
    This is me being hyped about a game's release.  I posted this on the Steam group at Hummingbird.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC will be released on Steam (as well as GOG and PSP) on 29 October.

It's the long-awaited sequel to The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky (sometimes called "Trails FC") that finishes the story. It includes a feature of importing a save from FC, which allows NPCs to remember who you are and whether you've helped them, and also gives goodies depending on the bracer points you got in FC.

For those of you who aren't familiar with the Trails (sub)series, Trails FC and SC are best known for having a meticulously detailed world and a well-written script that gives each NPC a distinctive personality and has overall excellent storytelling. They are made by Nihon Falcom, which is probably more famous in the west for the Ys series. FC was first released on PC in 2004, ported to PSP in 2007, brought to the English-speaking audience by XSEED in 2011 on PSP and 2014 on PC (GamersGate, GOG, Steam; it's no longer on GamersGate but it's on Humble Store instead now). SC has never been released before in English; it came out in Japan in 2006 (PC) and 2007 (PSP).

The enemy of my enemy is also my enemy, because all the world - no - all the stars in the sky are arrayed against me.
  • This is someone else being hyped:

WE MADE IT BOYS.  OCTOBER 29TH!!!!!

ha!

that's great
    aw, and the koalas came all the way from australia to see the birth of the new king
  • kill living beings
    this book claims there is "ample evidence" that bats eat crickets
  • Guuuuuh I feel really bad calling out two nights in a row
    Tucker said:

Guuuuuh I feel really bad calling out two nights in a row

This week I stayed home from a midterm exam, a chemistry lab, and 5 lectures.

So, uh, don't feel bad about taking some time off if you need it.
    If I'm half black and half white, is my holding a broken USB drive together with Scotch tape "redneck" or "ghetto"?
    pretty sure it's only redneck if you live in the sticks
  • It is a practical decision and a clever kluge for which labeling has no relevance.
    Redneck ghetto

You are now a duet between Brad Paisley and LL Cool J
  • social labels are annoying
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Since I live near Philly the default term is "ghetto" plus some intensifier.
    Real talk though I do get it from my mom's side. Her dad was the kind of person who was always jury-rigging stuff and he passed that onto her and she passed that onto me.

Meanwhile, my dad's family was your more stereotypical suburban family that tried to look as "respectable" as possible.

So when it comes to the plastic casing of a flash drive breaking, my dad would be like "time to buy a new flash drive", while my mom would be like "just wrap some tape around that sucker." I'm the latter.
    Scotch tape feels kinda lame, though. I wish I knew where the electrical tape was.
    being an American child I was deprived of knowing the pun in J.K. Rowling's "Spellotape"

it was only when I was like 18 that I learned that British people call Scotch tape "Sellotape"
  • that's a much better name for it honestly