The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• My dreams exceed my real life
    Torgo said:

The British Critic attacks the novel's flaws as the fault of the author: "The writer of it is, we understand, a female; this is an aggravation of that which is the prevailing fault of the novel; but if our authoress can forget the gentleness of her sex, it is no reason why we should; and we shall therefore dismiss the novel without further comment" (438).

Wow, oh man
    This is a contemporary review of Frankenstein, before people assume it's something I pulled from a modern source.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    It's too bad US English keyboards don't have a Sigma on them

Because you could give all your emoticons kitty cat ears

Σ:3
  • The British Critic is my internetmediacommentatorsona

he is a British Critic from the early 1800s, cast into the modern day, where he continues his trade, applying his very old-fashioned moors and methods of analysis to modern media, hillarity and noxious offensiveness ensue!!
    :3 said:

The British Critic is my internetmediacommentatorsona

he is a British Critic from the early 1800s, cast into the modern day, where he continues his trade, applying his very old-fashioned moors and methods of analysis to modern media, hillarity and noxious offensiveness ensue!!

This exists somewhere
    He has probably been redpilled by moldbug, whereverer he is.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Mike Jeavons starts off his movie reviews with "Hello, I'm a British person!" but he doesn't really make so many of those anymore
    Does anyone else ever have dreams where you're walking across your college campus just like always...and then you end up in some totally unfamiliar area you've never seen before?

Does anyone else ever have dreams where you're walking across your college campus just like always...and then you end up in some totally unfamiliar area you've never seen before?

And then that little person just starts boogying down as the jazz plays?
  • I made a post on tumblr saying I don't like that eagle-atarian dude and now an army of his hellminions are swarming me

Ooooh boy. This might slightly impact my night, might make me lose a minute or two of sleep.
    At least you didn't say rationalists should stop hanging out with nazis
    Or draw fanart not depicting characters exactly as tumblr users imagine them.
  • edited 2015-10-25 02:46:42
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Tucker said:

I made a post on tumblr saying I don't like that eagle-atarian dude and now an army of his hellminions are swarming me

Ooooh boy. This might slightly impact my night, might make me lose a minute or two of sleep.

If it's any consolation, he's the one whose username makes it sound like his diet consists solely of endangered birds.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    endangered birbs
    enbangereb birbs
    Should cat girls be a thing in Centralia?
  • Tucker said:

I made a post on tumblr saying I don't like that eagle-atarian dude and now an army of his hellminions are swarming me

idk who this is but tell them that I, the great planet Jane, told them to fuck off
    why is there a guitar pick in Africa

why is there a guitar pick in Africa

IT'S GONNA TAKE A LOT TO DRAG ME AWAY FROM YOU

I PLUCK THE STRINGS DOWN IN AFRICA
    I totally did not see that coming except I did
  • why is there a guitar pick in Africa

I was playing GeoGuessr

the pick is where I guessed

the flag is where it actually was
    Brittany Brice is a former Centralian musical theater star who now owns three stores across the country: Brittany's Party Place, a party supply store in Queen City; Holiday Universe, a store in Gloucester County that sells decorations and tacky stuff for every holiday under the sun; and Dixon's Toys, a toy shop in Maresville.

Should she be a cat girl? I'm thinking she might be a cat girl...
    ^^good job

^she should be a platypus girl
    Hey, Jill! Jill, it's Marvin! Your cousin, Marvin Hersheimer? You know that new dog-themed TV series you've been looking for? Well, take a look at this!
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    Torgo said:

Torgo said:

The British Critic attacks the novel's flaws as the fault of the author: "The writer of it is, we understand, a female; this is an aggravation of that which is the prevailing fault of the novel; but if our authoress can forget the gentleness of her sex, it is no reason why we should; and we shall therefore dismiss the novel without further comment" (438).

Wow, oh man
    This is a contemporary review of Frankenstein, before people assume it's something I pulled from a modern source.
    to be fair i don't think even neoreactos talk like that
    John C. Wright does.
  • Man I always end up going getting the attention of anti semites and transphobes somehow.
    Tucker said:

Man I always end up going getting the attention of anti semites and transphobes somehow.

Gross.
  • tumblr search function picks up words in your posts, not just your tags
  • I know, I put slashes in that eagle guy's name but apparently the search function cuts the slashes out.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

how furry are they?
    Canada is on the moon.
  • I feel like death warmed up

Morning
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Morning Toolsie
  • Mornin'

Another glorious autumn day in which I just want to stay in and sleep
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Out for delivery: Arriving Monday

...Amazon, I don't know whether to be impressed or unimpressed that you expect an item that is out for delivery from Bristol is going to take over 24 hours to arrive.
    they probably take Sundays off
    OpAPHID said:

they probably take Sundays off

Nah, it's Amazon Logistics, who do Sunday delivery. (And it's actually out for delivery in the "in a truck, driving around" sense.)
    Weird.
    Comedy option: They have to deliver things to every other house in Gloucestershire first.
    Anonus said:

how furry are they?
    they're more like anime cat girls than furry cat girls
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    There is a middle ground between the two (cf. Outlaw Star, Hyper Police).
    This is very true.
  • edited 2015-10-25 14:44:07
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Bit of a dearth of catboys, which is disappointing. There is the swashbuckler in Log Horizon, though, who is cute.
    90% of the characters I make up for Centralia are women, which shouldn't surprise you if you know me.

But I'll go on record as saying that catboys exist in Centralia as well.
    I hadn't thought about it before, but most of the male characters I have made up for Centralia are subservient to women in a position of power...the royal guards who answer to the princess, Jimmy the library security guy who answers to Lindsay the librarian...

Wonder what that says about me. :P
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    The best kind of feminism is the kind that makes MRAs go straight from rage to wetting themselves with terror.
  • So Mad Max Fury Road?