The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• I sometimes wonder if I'm weird for not identifying as an otherkin. I identify as a 21 year old young woman with dark red hair, which is what I am.
  • Not being offensive or anything, just pointing it out...
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    i'm not an otherkin

most people are not otherkin
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.

I sometimes wonder if I'm weird for not identifying as an otherkin. I identify as a 21 year old young woman with dark red hair, which is what I am.

it's perfectly fine.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    apparently "otherkin" came because elfkin looked down on anyone who wasn't an elfkin and called them "otherkin"
  • who the fuck would want to identify as an elf elves are lame as fuck
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I'm teenagerkin

Take that, haters!!
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    :3 said:

who the fuck would want to identify as an elf elves are lame as fuck

• a minor correction to Folding Ideas video about The Legend of Chun-Li

As much as I hate to say this, but souls in the Street Fighter universe do actually work that way. Bison does something very similar to his soul in the games to what he does in the movie, except that his good half becomes an Italian fortune teller instead of his daughter.

You can't blame all of that on the movie, is what I'm saying
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch

Depends on the kind of elf, tbh.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”

a minor correction to Folding Ideas video about The Legend of Chun-Li

As much as I hate to say this, but souls in the Street Fighter universe do actually work that way. Bison does something very similar to his soul in the games to what he does in the movie, except that his good half becomes an Italian fortune teller instead of his daughter.

You can't blame all of that on the movie, is what I'm saying

Yeah, but not figuring out how to adapt that to have it make sense in the movie and not just be tonally weird and stupid *is* on the writers.
  • Someone hit me with the depressionhammer and now I can't do shit except realize that work is in four hours and want to cry but don't
    I suggest a short nap and some general chilling out in whatever capacity that is possible.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    They told 'im don't you ever come around here

Don't wanna see your face, you better disappear
  • still don't like his voice
  • My dreams exceed my real life

still don't like his voice

Well I!

Have no opinion on your voice, for I have never heard it.
  • The clocks going back has really thrown off my sense of time. It's only 10:00pm. I thought it was much later than that.
    Meanwhile here across the Atlantic we've got another week to go before our time change

still don't like his voice

Whose?
    Michael Jackson?
  • You know what kinda weirds me out? Aside from myself, I don't know of any other age-based otherkin.

Like, I've been on Tumblr a long time. I've seen otherkin who identify as cats, dogs, wild animals, fictional characters, royalty, angels, fictional characters, people with disabilities, gods, demons, and combinations thereof.

But no otherkin who just identify as a different age.

Curious.
    I don't see myself as an "otherkin", but I do feel that I haven't truly fully become the age that I am now and feel that there's stuff from earlier in my life that I haven't finished yet, and I want to return to an earlier age.  Though for me it's more like being ~20-23 years old.
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    OpAPHID said:

Depends on the kind of elf, tbh.
    The fair folk are terrifying and.. fascinating.  Wonderful in how they cause wonder.  Terrible in how they cause terror.
  • kill living beings
    alright bitches i got half a synthesizer. someone give me ideas for how to turn sixteen switch inputs into a musical scale. like, this combination of switches is A on middle C, this other one is some bass bullshit, etc.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

mukyu

how nu-graphic modern
  • MJ had a better voice when he was a kid tbh
    or at least paper mario-ish which is similar :n
  • i want you back is one of my favourite vocal performances tbh
  • MJ had a better voice when he was a kid tbh

BABY PLEASE GIVE ME ONE MORE CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANCE
  • i say tbh too much tbh
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    Off the Wall is still his best.
  • i want you back is one of my favourite vocal performances tbh

MJ had a better voice when he was a kid tbh

BABY PLEASE GIVE ME ONE MORE CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANCE
    we.on the same page, jane

paging Battle Creek
  • Off the Wall is still his best.

enjoy yourseeeeeeeeeeeeeeelf
  • edited 2015-10-25 22:24:07
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    @rayman: A scale of fifteen equidistant divisions (which is to say each interval being the fifteenth root of) a frequency ratio greater than one octave. For maximum spread while maintaining usable melodic intervals, eight times the fundamental gives you three octaves of 5-EDO, but you can get really weird with it and use a scale that avoids octaves altogether.
    Incidentally, though, 14- and 15-EDO are pretty interesting, so if you wanted to just make a single-octave logarithmic gamut it would still sound nifty. But a greater range is nice, too.

I can name a number of interesting scales using between five and eight notes that could work, actually...
  • 0vvvv0 said:

@rayman: A scale of fifteen equidistant divisions (which is to say each interval being the fifteenth root of) a frequency ratio greater than one octave. For maximum spread while maintaining usable melodic intervals, eight times the fundamental gives you three octaves of 5-EDO, but you can get really weird with it and use a scale that avoids octaves altogether.

yeah you could do this OR you could just make cool and fucked up noises, your call
    Hmm, can you have, like, primary and secondary kintypes?

'Cause while my first choice would be a 13-year-old magical princess, there are also times when I'd wanna be a living doll...
    Both is an option, you know.
  • Hmm, can you have, like, primary and secondary kintypes?

'Cause while my first choice would be a 13-year-old magical princess, there are also times when I'd wanna be a living doll...
    I think that's like being a two-typed pokemon

you have the strengths of both yes but the weaknesses also
    I'm kind of amused that we can discuss this otherkin stuff with a straight face

Aren't you all enabling my delusions or something??
    of Michael Jackson's early works I'd have to say I prefer "ABC"
  • I'm kind of amused that we can discuss this otherkin stuff with a straight face

I thought you were kidding.
    (2015 self)
    Man, Centie, this is the place of dreams.
    the palace of dreams!
    (2015 self)
    Where ferrets are giant and cows become legend.

I can't even tell how serious I am anymore
  • edited 2015-10-25 22:46:00
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)

I can't even tell how serious I am anymore
    Nothing is serious.  Everything is permitted.

realtalk:  If it gives you comfort, I have no problem with it.  We must all find ways to soothe ourselves.