Heaper Updates

Comments

• More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.

Well, obviously doing anything while sick is bad.

But more to the point, exercise is a great way to produce a certain hormone caled Testostorane.

Connect dots.

Is that so? :o Miko learned a thing today. :) But now Miko wonders, are there secrets to producing estrogen, too? :o
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Get the OSS to think you're Hitler so that they try to make your voice higher by injecting estrogen into your vegetables!
  • Well, obviously doing anything while sick is bad.

But more to the point, exercise is a great way to produce a certain hormone caled Testostorane.

Connect dots.

That was my second guess.
  • Get the OSS to think you're Hitler so that they try to make your voice higher by injecting estrogen into your vegetables!

By jove I think you're onto something!
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    *gives Miko chicken soup with estrogen in it*
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    :o This is too rare a thing to simply eat. u_u In fact it may as well be a bowl of chicken soup, but with a yummy chemical added that will not impact me. ^_^
    I don't follow you
    I don't want to waste any of it because then it will just come out in my urine and never go back in again. :<
    oooooooooh
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch

Well, obviously doing anything while sick is bad.

Connect dots.

Are you implying that exercise will produce testosterone to an extent that it will somehow adversely affect transitioning?  And if so, can i see a cite for this?

i'm not saying you're wrong, and this isn't a subject i know that much about, but hormones are complicated things and don't always have the effects you'd intuitively expect, and i searched around and couldn't find any sites advising MtFs not to exercise.
  • I swam in a hot tub filled with red wine today. It was so decadent.

(Well, "infused with", actually, but still.)
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    did you drink any
  • edited 2014-04-17 06:04:38
    Let me tell you. About Fallen London.
    That would've been unhygenic, sadly.
  • Hiking a mountain in 90 degree weather tomorrow, pray for my soul
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Literal Avenue read that and thought "wouldn't it make more sense to pray for your body?"
  • edited 2014-04-19 02:03:15
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Haven said:

I swam in a hot tub filled with red wine today. It was so decadent.

(Well, "infused with", actually, but still.)

I had to. I am so sorry.
  • Don't apologize for posting a good song.

An overrated one, maybe, but still.
  • Literal Avenue read that and thought "wouldn't it make more sense to pray for your body?"

I suppose!

Anyway I was 100% sure I would walk arouns a little and then go home, but instead I went up at least 2000 vertical feet, on some very questionable paths. Like at the end I asked "why was no one on them--were they closed or something?" and was told "no, it's just that almost no one's crazy enough to go up there." Whee.

Got a lot of good pictures, can't wait to throw em on tumblr.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Heh, sounds fun!
  • Spoiler:
    Just to clarify, it is normal to want to die sometimes right? Not so much suicidal ideation as idle "what if" fantasies mind you.

• it probably isn't normal

but it happens
    The thought has always fascinated me.
  • edited 2014-04-20 02:23:54

I'm scared of death even though on an intellectual level i'm not and honestly that scares me more than the whole dying bit
  • Honestly the only thing that's kept me from doing it is my subconscious insistence that I fixate on the idea that I'd be dying a failure
    well

don't be a failure
  • edited 2014-04-20 04:50:51
    THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    wrong thread
  • Anonus said:

well

don't be a failure
    lmao
  • edited 2014-04-21 19:57:19
    Let me tell you. About Fallen London.
    We got up at 4:30 am in China, and it's going to be about 8 pm when we get to Hawaii. From our perspective we'll have experienced about 36 hours of Monday before the day ends.
    ...whoa, trippy
    You were in China?

Also, 36 hours of Monday? Garfield's worst nightmare
    Had my dad's funeral this morning. It went quite well.

At least that's over with.
    Aww.

*hugs*
    *hugs*

My cousin played "Amazing Grace" on the bagpipes. Everybody always wants to hear that, I dunno why. Something about "Amazing Grace" on the bagpipes
    I always wondered about that...
    Are bagpipes as ear-hurty in real life as people think they are?
    No.

When somebody loaded the walk-up ATM at my local bank branch on Saturday, they accidentally swapped the tray of $5 bills and the tray of $20 bills.

So when I went to withdraw $50 on Sunday, the machine told me it would dispense two $20 bills and ten $1 bills, but instead gave me two $5 bills and ten $1 bills...a total of $20. While deducting the full $50 from my account balance.

And it's not like I could go in and demand my missing $30 because...you know, Sunday.

So I finally went back to the branch yesterday to tell them what happened. Thankfully by then they'd already figured out the mistake and they just had to make a phone call to get my $30 credited back to my account. It's all fixed now!
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    You can withdraw fives in America? Jerks. The lowest denomination we can withdraw here is tens.
    Depends on the machine. Most of the drive-up ones only dispense twenties, which is why I specifically went to the walk-up machine.
    I can get tens, myself

not fives

not fives
    The ATM at Nationwide Children's Hospital will actually dispense ones.

There's a reason for this, at least: tokens for the hospital garage cost $2.

Oddly, the token machine will not accept a $2 bill.
    ...Drive through cash machines?
    see 'em all the time
    Most bank branches seem to have them. I used one earlier today to deposit this week's paycheck...

...Drive through cash machines?

a lot of things about American culture seem to perplex you
    Because American culture is weird when you aren't born there.
  • My dreams exceed my real life

Because American culture is weird when you aren't born there.

Said Fossilmaiden, commenting from her steam-powered laptop on Big Ben, while chimney sweeps dance around her, adjusting her top hat as she says it, and making sure her monocle is secure.
    There are no monocles on the moon, sadly. The rocks just aren't the right quality for it.
  • kill living beings
    an incredible read

they just don't know what the fuck
    @Alice: Do your banks have drive-thrus at all?