Heaper Updates

Comments

• edited 2014-06-15 23:58:12

Wow. Way to go, TNS!

Thanks! I feel so much more energetic and motivated after coming back from this trip.
  • edited 2014-06-17 21:15:16
    We can do anything if we do it together.
    I'm in the hospital waiting room waiting for stitches to my hand. I tried opening an old window, and the glass broke and cut my wrist.

Rest assured, it is not fatal and I will be back by the end of the night.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Good luck...
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Ouch! Get better.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Yikes! I would probably not be so calm about the matter. Good luck and godspeed, Section.
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    Let's just say that it took me a while to calm down and actually compose the post...
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Well, we can all go out for some q-sands once everything's taken care of. ^_^
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    I'll likely be getting some q-sands on the way back when this is done, so...
  • I'm in the hospital waiting room waiting for stitches to my hand. I tried opening an old window, and the glass broke and cut my wrist.

Rest assured, it is not fatal and I will be back by the end of the night.

Yeah, I have been in your situation and it sucks. Hope you feel better soon and heal up fast.
  • edited 2014-06-18 01:58:01
    We can do anything if we do it together.
    Thankfully, it only needed to be glued shut. It should be sealed fully shut in about two weeks.

Here's a picture of the glued-shut wound (don't worry, it's not anything really nasty).
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    I wonder what glue they used to glue that shut. I know high-molecular-weight cyanoacrylates and good ol' collodion are both useful on cuts.
    (Collodion is an old-school, first-generation plastic. It's made of nitrocellulose dissolved in solvents, usually ether or ethyl acetate, and plasticized with things like camphor. Its main use these days is nail polish, but liquid bandages are another big use.)
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Here follows an actual exchange with my mother upon her finding difficulty in opening a bag of chocolate.

Mom: Are these bags harder to open or am I just weak?
    *begins to fiddle with the bag at an angle*
    Me: You're just weak. Chocolate is for the strong, mother.
    *bag pops open immediately*
    Mom: It's for the smart, bitch.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Hee hee
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    This ties in nicely with something that happened to me recently.

It started off Thursday of last week. My grandparents have decided to move to a new house, and that means I'll be moving out of my apartment eventually as well. Realtors were coming to inspect my apartment to make sure it was set for the market. Because of this, I had to take Sadie out for a walk for two hours.

Unfortunately, Atlanta summers happened, and Sadie isn't used to drawn-out periods of exercise. She got a really bad fit of hyperthermia. Thankfully, there was a vet's office not far from where we were, and they were able to rehydrate her and cool her down with an ice bath. Thus, I decided to buy them some dessert. My mom offered to buy me brownie mix for this purpose, and I accepted.

I go to open the bag of brownie mix, and it explodes all over the kitchen counter. Fortunately, I'm able to make some batter out of what landed in the bowl and remained in the bag and will be receiving backup brownie mix in the near future.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I hope this isn't too intrusive, but has Sadie been feeling alright since Huey died?
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    She hasn't been acting too much differently from her usual habits. I'm not even sure if she realizes that he's dead instead of just taking an extended vacation with mom.

I'll admit, I've actually started to miss him a bit more lately. More frequently I find myself thinking about having fun with my dogs and then making a reference to Huey before realizing-- oh wait, he's no longer with us.
    So anyway, the control arm is in (finally), and the Prius is at the shop getting the four-wheel alignment and tires. I figured out the trick to putting in the aft-side bolt (you have to pull on the wrench to flex the bushing), and everything torqued up fine. It'll be nice having my car back.
  • edited 2014-07-14 22:55:13

So...... my permanent crown just popped off of my tooth. Guess I'll have to schedule a visit to the dentist tomorrow.

I'm just glad I didn't swallow the damn thing by accident.
  • edited 2014-07-14 23:50:55

Ouch :x

I'd had a root canal on that tooth already, so my nerves are already gone for that tooth, so It didn't hurt one bit, but it is really annoying, considering the crown was supposed to be permanent.
  • Oh. Yeah, that would probably hurt. Again, glad that didn't happen. I wonder what causes it though, because I can't think of anything that would loosen the glue keeping the crown in place.
  • we're probably going to lose internet sometime this week, for an indeterminate period of time. Just so everyone knows if I suddenly disappear
    Good news: I finally managed to sort out the pricing bullshit and get my antipsychotic prescription refilled.

Bad news: These pills knock me out, and I've been without them long enough that I'll have to adjust to the unwanted sleepiness all over again.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Gonna go into lurker mode for a bit.

i may or may not make exceptions for the Zestpoole thread and my personal thread.

i have shit i need to get done IRL so feel free to yell at me if you see me posting in other threads over the next few weeks.  You'll be doing me a favour if you do.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    i'll try to remember.  usually i don't actually remember what thread i'm reading though, lol
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Tachyon said:

Gonna go into lurker mode for a bit.

i may or may not make exceptions for the Zestpoole thread and my personal thread.

i have no willpower

LET'S TRY THIS AGAIN
    it keeps happening
    So I have an announcement, and the announcement is, I'm probably gonna be without internet access for the next 5-6 days after tonight. So I won't be here to cheer everybody up or whatever it is I do.

Until then, please be decent to each other and keep posting funny nonsense or whatever it is you do.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Oh okay.

See you in a week.
    Good luck Imi!
  • where are you going?
    relocating to another place, where the internets won't be turned on until mid-next week
    yes *affects an offensive stereotype from an old Disney movie*
  • edited 2015-04-10 04:18:42
    BEWARE OF GRRL!

yes *affects an offensive stereotype from an old Disney movie*

not the one you're referring to, but now I'm thinking about how it upsets me that voicing Shun Gon in The Aristocats is a stain on Paul Winchell's career
    Indeed, we should all be sad for Paul Winchell, whoever that is.
    Well good night everybody, see ya
  • I have cut a caper with the dancing mad god
    BUT WHO WILL POST BOOBS WHEN WE DO NOT HAVE AN IMI
  • u kno what they say

when the cat is away the mice shall play!

(*posts endless torrent of schlongs*)
  • Indeed, we should all be sad for Paul Winchell, whoever that is.

Ventriloquist and voice actor who was also Tigger, Dick Dastardly, and Gargamel

he invented an artificial heart or something
    and his daughter ran regretsy
  • edited 2015-04-10 05:39:35
    BEWARE OF GRRL!
    Calica said:

he invented an artificial heart or something
    but also:

Ventriloquist and voice actor who was also Tigger, Dick Dastardly, and Gargamel

yeah i guess he was also tigger i guess
  • and his daughter voiced Lydia Pearson in Pepper Ann, Ms. Finster in Recess, and Cruella De Vil in 101 Dalmatians: The Series, among others