The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I have never been drunk because alcohol is nasty
    the girl in my avatar loves it though
  • edited 2018-03-24 22:23:03
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    GQ.com said:

Mickey Thomas (Starship vocalist): When the song went to No. 1, I said to Bernie [Taupin], “More than ever, people are gonna ask what ‘Marconi plays the mamba’ means.” He said, “I have no fucking idea, mate.”

Martin Page (co-writer): Hmm. Marconi was the first one to send music across the ocean. I saw “We Built This City” as saying stop the corporations, we need to play music.

Thomas: Bernie didn't say “mambo,” he said “mamba,” which is a snake. Marconi created the radio. Maybe Bernie meant to say “mambo.” Maybe it means: If you don't like this music, some really angry snakes are gonna come out of the speakers.

Craig Chaquico (Starship guitarist): Marconi's the guy who invented the radio, and his style of music was the mamba. But listen to the radio now. Do you hear any mamba? That's how I look at the lyric: Things change. I could be totally wrong.

Thomas: At one point I did start to sing “mambo,” to try and be more grammatically correct, and after a while I thought, “Fuck it,” and went back to “mamba.”

This is funnier than it has any right to be
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    moo
  • marconi invented the radio
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    PRINCE
    PRINCES
    PRINCESS
    PRINCESSES

...does this pattern continue?

PRINCESSESS
    PRINCESSESSES
    PRINCESSESSESS
    PRINCESSESSESSES
    the other day some customer came in and asked the manager, "do you do prints here?" and he said yes and then looked at me: "you better go help them, they need prints."

and I was like "but I'm not Prince, Prince is dead"

this stupid story needed to be told
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Gooooooooodnight~
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.

the other day some customer came in and asked the manager, "do you do prints here?" and he said yes and then looked at me: "you better go help them, they need prints."

and I was like "but I'm not Prince, Prince is dead"

this stupid story needed to be told

Animaniacs fingerprints joke
    come again
    I'll tell you when you're older
    I'm already very old
  • For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
    lolz
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    i
  • how to reconcile one’s inner Camus with one’s inner Cioran
    MetaFour said:

I'm at a loss

moo
  • Toolsie is back in the dating market. 

I just need to be a bit more... Choosy now. 
    well, good luck
    Yes, good luck finding a properly respectful person.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    For April Fool's, I was going to write a Vanilla theme that looked like an old vBulletin forum or a mid-2000s LiveJournal page or something.

Then real life bullshit happened and I didn't get the chance. So, sorry, I don't really have any fun pranks planned this year. Better luck next April, when hopefully I won't have to deal with manic episodes, car repairs, and absurdly difficult school assignment for the last three weeks of March.
    How long would that have taken you
    hell if i know
  • God work is boring as heck
    God work? Like, creating the universe and stuff?
  • Got a job interview on the 12th :D
    What job
  • Part time job at Hobbycraft, working 16 hours a week. 

It's crappy hours for presumably crappy pay, but it's still a job. 
    Hey, it's better than nothing!
  • So my dad is really into history and historical stories, and as I was out and about today I came across a book that was about famous assassinations throughout history. I show him the book, making a song and dance about how I got it really cheap because it was on sale, and I come back ten minutes later to find him still reading it.
    well, that sounds good
    I hereby accuse the next poster of being an otaku.
    are you sure?
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    No, she's Tatterhood.
    Are you sure of that?
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Odradek said:

Cats have tongues that are rough and sandpapery, and they use them to groom themselves

1999 © 1999 The Gregorian Calendar
    false
    Chec kit out watierman!!

what's up chef

i'm all prparead for the big birthday party tmorrow

ooh boy chef
    whose birthday is it

somebondy's!!

how specific!
    what are we gonna do for the party

karaoke
    like with such songs as "I Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues", © 1983 Mercury Records Limited

sounds aweosme!
    but what's this breadstick for?

i lost the microsphone to the karaoke machine
    where by "lost " i mean i threw it overobard last time i went sialing

understandable

so i replaced it with this breadstick
    which has none of hte functionality of a microphone but at least gives people something to hold while they sing.

what if they get too hungry and they eat hte breadstick thouh?

same thing that happens if they got too hungry and ate the microphone

which is?

we give them a trophy

that sounds really cool but uh
    where did you get the budget for trophies

i sold our stove for $30 to someone i'm certain was legit

how do you know he was legit?

he had a business card with his name on it
    "I. M. Scammingyou"

That's good to nkow
    BUt I've got one question

What's that, watierman?

How much longre do I have tos tand on this table?

You could have stepped down ages ago
    I was jus waiting for you to find the knob to my radio

what radio station does a chef like you even listen to, chef?

101.1 Genderqueer Hits FM

You just made that up

That doesn't mean I can'st list en to it

That's fair, that's fair.
    my favorite part is how the last line reads like a regular sentence
    now I want a breadstick.
  • edited 2018-04-09 03:53:32
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Toolsie said:

Toolsie is back in the dating market. 

I just need to be a bit more... Choosy now. 

You need to actually look for asexual dudes, I think. Or ace ladies, or ace whoever, really. You've gone out with waaaaaay too many guys who think they can coax you into sleeping with them, and to be honest, even if you did one day decide, "Hey, sure, I'll try boinking someone," it should be with somebody who actually knows where you're coming from with the sex thing, and most more conventionally sexual folks just *won't.* Don't go out with people who subconsciously want to change you.
    Yeah, that.

7. What would engineers have to consider before the removal of the WTC debris? So, what did they do before completely removing the debris?

I missed the class where this was discussed, and the lecture slides didn't provide a complete answer, so I googled and...yup. "Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth". I guess I don't know what I expected, but...
  • The fact that Robert of the Cinema appears to be a devoted Janelle Monae fan tickles me every time I notice it

7. What would engineers have to consider before the removal of the WTC debris? So, what did they do before completely removing the debris?

I missed the class where this was discussed, and the lecture slides didn't provide a complete answer, so I googled and...yup. "Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth". I guess I don't know what I expected, but...
    wait is one of your profs a truther
    or just that engineering info about 9/11 is hard to find because truthers
    I guess I wasn't very clear. It's the latter. It's difficult to find any relevant information about the engineering aspects of the 9/11 cleanup because everything is buried under 9000 layers of conspiracy theories.