The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• extremely not so but maybe just a tad yes
    Rest in Peace, Queen 😢
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
  • For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.

thing I always wondered, Jabba is a giant space slug, but putting Leia in the slave bikini would seem to imply that he finds human females attractive, or something? Does that make sense

Jabba totally does find humanoid females attractive, and all the other Hutts consider him a creepy pervert for it. No joking, that's 100% Star Wars canon.
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    My morning has been enriched by knowing this.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    my curiosity is satisfied
  • edited 2018-03-12 18:20:16
    image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.

thing I always wondered, Jabba is a giant space slug, but putting Leia in the slave bikini would seem to imply that he finds human females attractive, or something? Does that make sense

Admiral ZEX was the brilliant commander of the VUX military in the Ur-Quan Slave War. He is the creator of the tactics of the Fortress Square and the Dynamic Triangle. The Yehat respect him greatly — an honor they make to no other VUX — and claim that, were ZEX not in command of the VUX war fleet, the VUX would have fallen to the Alliance of Free Stars in mere weeks.

However, his brilliance seems tempered by an odd form of mental imbalance. ZEX is drawn to the grotesque and bizarre, being attracted to strange, unique animal life with an uninhibited, downright sexual enthusiasm. This is seen as a perversion by the rest of ZEX's race, which lead to the VUX High Council and the Ur-Quan Kzer-Za Primat, after the War, exiling him to a deserted, inhabitable planet in the Alpha Cerenkov system — Alpha Cerenkov I (which was euphemistically referred to as sending him on "luxurious retirement").
    Star Control, sure
  • Joke, courtesy of one of my Rainbows:

What do you call a bee that makes milk?

A boo bee.
  • edited 2018-03-13 01:27:51
    Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Not to rain on your parade, but I've had that very pun as an avatar before.

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    One of my least favorite horror game tropes is the whole "you turn around and suddenly the area behind you is completely different than it was a moment ago" thing.

It just completely breaks the immersion for me.

I don't mind if you want to have supernatural elements as part of your horror game, but I do at least want the environments to be places that could physically exist.
  • My dreams exceed my real life

One of my least favorite horror game tropes is the whole "you turn around and suddenly the area behind you is completely different than it was a moment ago" thing.

I don't mind if you want to have supernatural elements as part of your horror game, but I do at least want the environments to be places that could physically exist.
    See I love that
    I've never seen that in a game, but I imagine it could be used to great effect.
  • kill living beings
    requiring things to be physically possible makes horror harde
    I snapped this photo at Kroger earlier because I found it odd that the Spanish text was displayed bigger and more prominently than the English text.

the Mexicans are taking over
    You joke, but some people would actually say that...
  • There is a sizable demographic of persons who are sending money back to their folks in Mexico
    Obā-san said:

There is a sizable demographic of persons who are sending money back to their folks in Mexico

That makes sense. And this is a neighborhood with a prominent Mexican community

There's even a Mexican grocery store, La Michoacana, which is always a treat to visit
    Every day I get Mexicans wanting me to copy and fax forms for them so they won't get deported

It's sad, really
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

Obā-san said:

There is a sizable demographic of persons who are sending money back to their folks in Mexico

That makes sense. And this is a neighborhood with a prominent Mexican community

There's even a Mexican grocery store, La Michoacana, which is always a treat to visit
    yeah basically everywhere I see a Western Union or a MoneyGram it's in areas with a lot of Hispanics

Every day I get Mexicans wanting me to copy and fax forms for them so they won't get deported

It's sad, really

That is sad.
    they really should learn to use the copy machine themselves
  • thing I always wondered, Jabba is a giant space slug, but putting Leia in the slave bikini would seem to imply that he finds human females attractive, or something? Does that make sense

Jabba a freak
  • kill living beings
    anti furry is played out, Jane
    :(
  • "He began to use crutches in the 1960s, but long fought the use of a wheelchair. When he finally relented, he became notorious for his wild driving along the streets of Cambridge, not to mention the intentional running over of students’ toes and the occasional spin on the dance floor at college parties."

absolute fucking legend, respect
  • edited 2018-03-14 04:41:06

update:

living his best life
    he seems to have made the best of it
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    Obā-san said:

as well as a few sending money back to the Phillipines
  • You know what I love?

Cheap video games.

Nipped into a CEX, and managed to pick up Bioshock: Infinite, and Dishonored for £4.50.
    One time I found The Sims 3 at a thrift store for 90¢, which was pretty awesome
  • edited 2018-03-17 22:11:11
    CUNTASAURUS REXXX

I rather like that trope, though a better one is "the environment subtly changes here and there in ways that aren't super noticeable on their own but eventually leaves you in a creepy new environment"
    TIL there exists a program for capturing data from PS1 memory cards...called "MemoryCard Captor Sakura"
    Still a better name than Tile Molester.
    Sounds like he barely cared.
    I keep looking at your post, 🐦, but I can't figure out the pun
    It sounds like he barely cared. :| I am not up and active enough to pun yet.
  • kill living beings
    haha wtf is this

those pictures
  • edited 2018-03-23 19:33:28
    Did I ever tell yall the joke about me being the designated driver to my own 21st birthday party

Well

That's gonna happen tomorrow
    well hey, I didn't drink on my 21st birthday. Or any other birthday
  • I was in bed by 8pm on my 21st because of lactose induced stomach ache.
  • For someone with no real family history of alcohol abuse I'm remarkably uncomfortable about alcohol.
  • edited 2018-03-23 23:16:26
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Stay away from alcohol, I don't want you to get cirrhosis.
  • edited 2018-03-23 23:27:59
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Also, excessive alcohol intake increases blood pressure, which increases the risk of a whole lot of bad things, like heart attacks and strokes.

Speaking as a person of low-bone-density and calcium-deficiency, which are NO FUN AT ALL, I'd strongly recommend against ingesting large quantities of anything that leeches calcium, because you never appreciate your bones until they start hurting.  Bone pain is the third worst pain, after chest pain and ear pain.

In other words, take care of yourself and stay healthy.  Moderation or complete avoidance, depending on whichever works better.

-obviousliroz-
    I'm 27 and I've never drunk alcohol, not counting the one swig of Bud Light my parents let me try when I was 15.
  • *got drunk at a friend’s 17th birthday >_>*