The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• edited 2016-07-19 23:53:12
    Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Why is imgur suddenly needlessly more obnoxious to use, why is this trend of needlessly "updating" things such a thing, my god.

Okay, I get how it works, but the irreversible nature and the fact that it was fine before is really irritating.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Imgur has been kind of shitty since they turned the front page into that gallery

The fact that Imgur is an extension of Reddit doesn't help much, because it suffers from Reddit's worst traits
  • as long as I can use it as a reliable image host I can deal with whatever it is they're trying to do to foster a community of their own, I guess

I never bothered with that because the niche is already filled for me by Tumblr (and Reddit, but only in a lurking capacity)
  • TUMUT CREW REPRESENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tumut
    Vriska said:

I wonder if @Boney and I currently have cleanlink.

The links were fun.
    Sorry, i was getting groceries, the dirtiest activity of all
  • whoa, it's a Boney

yo
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    LAVOS
    Tre said:

as long as I can use it as a reliable image host I can deal with whatever it is they're trying to do to foster a community of their own, I guess

I never bothered with that because the niche is already filled for me by Tumblr (and Reddit, but only in a lurking capacity)

the popular parts of Reddit seem to have too many Bacon Carl Sagan types for me
    Tre said:

whoa, it's a Boney

yo

Hi
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Yo!
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Whoa, Boney's back.

I didn't expect that, it's been forever.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Princess Problems: Wanting to install SimCity 3000 Unlimited on your 12-year-old computer for nostalgia's sake, but then realizing you've already packed up all your CD-ROMs and you don't really wanna open the box just for that.
  • Oh hello Boney.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Things I don't understand: businesses that use longer domain names in their advertising than the one their main site actually uses.

Example: The iHeartRadio commercials say "visit iheartradio.com!" but iheartradio.com actually redirects to iheart.com

Why wouldn't you just put the shorter one in the ad to begin with??
    Goodnight, everyone!
    night Sredni
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Night.
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    Night, dude.

Tears were shed.
    my part of town has no snagglepusses
    I like that you call it "a snagglepuss" as if it's a pokemon or something
  • kill living beings
    seek medical attention
    Aliroz said:

Whoa, Boney's back.

I didn't expect that, it's been forever.
    TitleName said:

Oh hello Boney.

Hi
    Tools used "boop"
  • but nothing happened
  • Boney said:

Vriska said:

I wonder if @Boney and I currently have cleanlink.

The links were fun.
    Sorry, i was getting groceries, the dirtiest activity of all
    Oh no! not the dreaded GROCERY SHOPPING.
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    If a grape is dried and hydrated repeatedly, is it an alternating currant?
  • *gnaws 8oney*
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    I am going to go see Chicken Run
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Odradek said:

I am going to go see Chicken Run

I remember enjoying that movie when I was little.

Have fun, my friend.
    I have to leave for work in like 20 minutes and both my parents are gone with both cars

Not a good sign...
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    20<Myrdradek>30 Saw Chicken Run again
    20<Myrdradek>30 Three things
    20<Myrdradek>30 1: Wow I did not notice all the concentration camp imagery in this movie as a kid
    20<Myrdradek>30 2. Wow, there was a time during my lifetime when Mel Gibson was allowed to be in movies
    20<Myrdradek>30 3. You could totally tell this story from Mr. Tweedy's point of view and have it be a surreal horror story
    20<Myrdradek>30 Also it was fun and cute, so that was nice
    I remember that movie being pretty good
  • For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
    "The chickens are revolting!"
    "Finally, something we agree on..."
    Welp. Smashed my thumb in a machine at work.

Currently at the urgent care awaiting medical treatment.
    0_0

Stay strong, Centie. Hope it's not too badly injured.
  • Yikes.

I've been there and it is Not A Pleasant Experience. Best of wishes for your recovery.
    Wow, ow. Good luck Sis.
    I hope it's okay
    Just left urgent care.

Thumb is, in fact, broken.

The doctor said I can go back to work as long as I'm not using that thumb anymore.
    I wish you a speedy recovery.
  • It's my birthday in less than two days, on the 22nd

I honestly forgot until my mum said "Do you want some more skinny jeans for your birthday?"
  • :(

Between you and my brother (who broke his wrist last week) it doesn't seem to be a great time for arm health. Hope it gets better ASAP.
    Happy birthday beforehand, Tools!

@Centie: You getting a little cast or splint or anything? :/
    Tiny little splint yeah
    OK, good.
    owwweeeeeee
  • edited 2016-07-20 23:28:29
    We can do anything if we do it together.
    Are you getting paid while your thumb heals?

The injury did happen on site.