The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• edited 2016-07-17 23:47:58
    We can do anything if we do it together.

why are we having this discussion

... Why not? We aren't even arguing or disagreeing.
    Odradek said:

Hey Section have you ever seen the Rifftrax coverage of Buffalo Rider?

That's an odd, odd movie
    No, I haven't. Interesting.
  • For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
    He was a Ruffalo soldier,
    dreadlock Rasta
    He was a Ruffalo soldier,
    in the war for America
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Ruffalos sound like some kinda food. Ridged crisps, maybe.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Oh no.
  • fight. dream. horse. love.
    half of me laughed like an absolute maniac when I saw that, and the other half realized that someone was probably going to try it
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

half of me laughed like an absolute maniac when I saw that, and the other half realized that someone was probably going to try it

...same
  • half of me laughed like an absolute maniac when I saw that, and the other half realized that someone was probably going to try it

...same
    I actually got kinda mad the first time; it's funny, on one level, but knowing how quickly misinformation spreads on the Internet that joke is also wildly irresponsible without some way of indicating it's a joke for kids who aren't aware of gang signs
    i'm surprised at how many people recognized the hand signs, TBH
  • my stepdad let my 8 year old brother watch my 13 year old brother play INSIDE

how fucking dumb can one man be.
  • Know your lines? Of course you know your lines! But I don't want to just hear your lines...I wanna hear what's in YOUR SOULS!!
    Fucking god the AFHV theme is stuck in my head

OH THE RED WHITE AND BLUE
    THE FUNNY THINGS YOU DO
    AMERICA, AMERICA, THIS IS YOU
  • kill living beings
    is the shit guy ever pictured without his wig
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Today is a good day.  Had a long car ride.  
  • kill living beings
    wow it's difficult for me to reconcile those sentences
  • @Kextruct

I like the essence of it, especially your approach to abstraction. Your HP value is an abstract measurement of an individual's overall endurance against adversity, not just physical trauma; plenty of scenarios will feel weightier with a potential HP loss for diverse sorts of misfortune, and these mechanics themselves will encourage GMs to design sessions with that in mind. 

My major concern would be the potential for ballooning complexity. There's already a large number of values to keep track of, and complexity in games tends to multiply rather grow by flat values. Consider revising the number of attributes down, simplifying the derived stats, and/or using attribute subgroups together more frequently. Or whatever, as long as it helps the game's values and mechanics stick. 
    Dunno if you read the second page, but the attribute subgroups tend to be used more than actual Attribute values.

You're probably right that this is a bit on the complex side, aha, I really do have a lot of variables to keep track of. I wasn't necessarily going for "simple," but I did want a relatively clear-cut system with obvious rules for event resolution. Unfortunately I gave a LOT of values to keep track of.
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...

wow it's difficult for me to reconcile those sentences

Same but also not, and so I'm glad you had fun, Aliroz.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    If I have to be in bed by 6 AM, how late is too late to drink coffee?

I enjoy car rides at times.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Zeether said:

Fucking god the AFHV theme is stuck in my head

OH THE RED WHITE AND BLUE
    THE FUNNY THINGS YOU DO
    AMERICA, AMERICA, THIS IS YOU
    Back when ABC was truly American

Fucking Disney
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I used to like long road trips, sometimes.
  • i didnt shave today so im a stubbleperson
  • God these hype ass SFV matches. ESPN should do this next year too!
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    TitleName said:

God these hype ass SFV matches. ESPN should do this next year too!

SFV?
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Nice.
  • edited 2016-07-18 03:45:33
    @Anonus Street Fighter V and the EVO tournament are playing on TV right now on ESPN2.

If they continue it, I'd like to see other games get this treatment.
  • help

yeah I'm pretty sure now that the battery on my laptop is fried
    [11:43:32 PM] Jane Grape: it was unplugged for less than a minute and it's giving me low battery warnings
    [11:43:48 PM] Jane Grape: uh
    [11:43:52 PM] Jane Grape: it's not fucking charging what the hell
    [11:43:59 PM] Jane Grape: now it is?
    [11:44:07 PM] Jane Grape: oh god it's doing this shit again -__-
    [11:44:16 PM] Jane Grape: well this is gonna be fun to deal with for the next three hours while it charges
  • Know your lines? Of course you know your lines! But I don't want to just hear your lines...I wanna hear what's in YOUR SOULS!!
    I stayed at this motel in Pennsylvania as a kid and it was amazing 
  • it's gone up to 11% now so it is "charging" I guess but that's pretty small comfort.
  • Centy is helping me, so I'm good for now I think.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    I am not the type of person to get angry about the Kardashians, but I am genuinely irritated people care about this Taylor Swift drama
  • Odradek said:

I am not the type of person to get angry about the Kardashians, but I am genuinely irritated people care about this Taylor Swift drama

this is wild ok: i have no clue what on earth this drama is, and in fact i would have NO IDEA that it was even happening if it wasnt for this certain someone on my twitter timeline who is whining about it?

they's a really whiny person in general but i think they kinda likes me and i wouldnt want to make them feel bad by unfollowing them :/
  • and they're whining about it in this really dumb "look at me, i am such a superior person, not caring about this, look at me" kinda way...
    I just saw an oblique reference and then searched it out and saw a lot of people giffing and oh snapping
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Tell them, "Dude, we get it, we don't care either."
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I can absolutely 100% guarantee you, I do not care about Taylor Swift drama
  • i will be very happy if i never know what this drama is actually about

i will be very happy if i never know what this drama is actually about

Good plan
  • kill living beings
    The song Ugly Boy has a melody from Aphex Twin and it is fucked up
  • *a wild Toolsie appeared*
    it is 28c

help
    australians don't count :|
  • edited 2016-07-18 17:35:12
    kill living beings

The song Ugly Boy has a melody from Aphex Twin and it is fucked up

still fucked up. she has an aphex twin shirt at one point in the music video just so you know it's true
  • I think you're freaky and I like you a lot.
  • I do so wish that die antwoord were good
  • kill living beings
    they seemed alright to me (but i still prefer the knife)
    I was almost late for work because I spent an hour reading about Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift at 12 o'clock in the morning

how are you all doing
    It occurred to me the other day that I could swipe some RAM from my old, dead laptop and stick it in this one to boost myself from 6 GB to 8 GB

Not that I really need to, but it would be neat to do