The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• I've had several unpleasant green-outs and never had the pleasure of a mad tea party. So sad, no mad. :[
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    alternatively: it's a satire of then-contemporary developments in pure mathematics
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I named myself after this character because I felt some connection with her

But I can't quite articulate how it works
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Should have torn it down.

Also Jesus Christ, stop abusing that poor hyphen, the hell did it do to you?
  • If you want a mad tea party, look no further than any time my folks have had a tea party.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I'm not sure that's my kind of madness

Madness has to be fun, or else it's not worth it
  • My dreams exceed my real life

She is a young girl in a world she does not understand who has to deal with weird body stuff and explaining things to frustratingly irrational people

I have no idea how you could see yourself in her
  • Guess who spent all morning at the PennDOT office.

It was me.

I have never been subject to so much wanton loathing directed at me specifically.

I finally got my ID so it was I suppose worth it, but still, christ.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    the DMV is never a friendly place to go, though at least in Virginia you can take a number and sit down
  • Oh we have that too.

It's just that the actual half hour or so that was spent filling out forms was complete hell.

I'm usually willing to give employees the benefit of a doubt--most jobs are stressful and people being shortfused under pressure is understandable--but, well, I'll just paste from Skype

is that I spent all morning at the PennDOT ID office, and I was over the course of 2 1/2 hours, condescended to, actively yelled at twice, called "just stupid" to my face once and another time when the person thought I couldn't hear them, and my mom had to prove that she had been married to and divorced from my birth father, this was enough that she started cussing the employees out.

the good news is that after all of that--and a 20 minute unsolicited lecture from one of the office workers about why I should never carry my social security card on me--I finally got my fucking ID
    [2:13:59 PM] Jane Grape: and then we went out for pizza afterward cuz it's my mom's birthday.
    Odradek said:

She is a young girl in a world she does not understand who has to deal with weird body stuff and explaining things to frustratingly irrational people

I have no idea how you could see yourself in her
    Put that way, it makes a lot of sense

@Jane I'm sorry you had to go through all that crap. :v
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    jane: wow, that's horrible
  • The security card thing is really what caught me off, because I got it out to doublecheck to make sure I'd given him the right number and I had to have it with me anyway to get the ID in the first place, and he launches into this fucking tirade about how you can't trust anyone these days and should keep it at home at all times or else it'll get stolen by a terrorist.

Like, my dude, you're a PennDOT worker, not Bruce Willis.
    When I got my new Social Security card a couple months ago, the letter that came with it said not to carry it on me and instead to keep it safe at home.

But honestly, given the state of this house, I'm more likely to lose it if I stashed it somewhere than if I just keep it in my wallet.
    i'm just imagining that america is constantly terrorised by invisible ss card stealing wisps
  • When I got my new Social Security card a couple months ago, the letter that came with it said not to carry it on me and instead to keep it safe at home.

But honestly, given the state of this house, I'm more likely to lose it if I stashed it somewhere than if I just keep it in my wallet.
    sure but I HAD TO HAVE THE CARD THERE AND HE KNEW THIS so even if it were a good point normally it's still totally nonsensical in this context.
    Jane said:

When I got my new Social Security card a couple months ago, the letter that came with it said not to carry it on me and instead to keep it safe at home.

sure but I HAD TO HAVE THE CARD THERE AND HE KNEW THIS so even if it were a good point normally it's still totally nonsensical in this context.
    Yeah, that's pretty stupid.

Glad you got your ID in the end, though.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Jane i'm sorry you had such a sucky morning. :(

It sounds dreadful and i'm glad you're done with it.
    *gives the next person the keys to Guardsman Payne's Crown Victoria*
    but i can't drive
    You know, I find it amusing that neither of my siblings seem especially interested in learning how to drive.

I wonder if they realize I would share my car...yeah, I'm weirdly proud of it, since I saved up to buy it myself, but as long as you don't wreck the thing and you pay for the gas, you can take it to your friends' house or whatever.

Granted, I really don't want two teenage drivers on my insurance...
    American McGee's Alice
    Canadian McGee's White Rabbit
    English McGee's Hatter
    Scottish McGee's March Hare
  • Learning to drive is something that I've wanted to do for a while but has never felt urgent enough for me to actually do it. It doesn't help that for most of my life there wasn't a car at home.
  • Ripping up old bank statements is incredibly therapeutic
    Apparently people susceptible to mania aren't supposed to consume caffeine

Haha, yeah, that'll happen

You can have my two daily cups of coffee when you pry them from MY WARM MANIC HANDS
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    I'm sorry Jane. ;(
    Do Not Kill Gregor Mendel
    "Dailymotion is the K-Mart of video hosts"
    Odradek said:

"Dailymotion is the K-Mart of video hosts"

That makes more sense than it has any right to, honestly
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    how so?

also, Alice in Wonderland is about what happens when you get the urge to enter your television set
    For me, at least Kmart is either (a) your last resort when you can't find what you're looking for elsewhere, or (b) the first place you check because you have a feeling it'll be the easiest place to find what you want.

So Dailymotion kinda fits that, to me.
    I still think of Dailymotion as a place to put stuff that's more under-the-radar than YouTube
  • Kmart is the only big-box store within like 10 miles of where I live.
    #i swear if starco becomes canon#i will kill a man
    quality tumblr tags
    My mind is kinda fried right now.
  • Friedness begets friedness. 

What I'm saying here is embrace it and get lit. 
    I feel like there was something I wanted to do that I've forgotten about...
    Return that wand of mine you borrowed?
    Grumble.

*hands it over*

What's a bird need a wand for anyhow?
    To look cool on a shelf of course!
  • "done with all of this" Connie, good in any timeline.
    I still firmly believe the Desert of Didjeridoos is Band Land after a small apocalypse
    I'm writing a story where my version of Augie Doggie meets the Crystal Gems
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    So, I read a book about Camels today, from the library.

Apparently, Camels use the oxygen and hydrogen from the water they drink, in addition to carbon from somewhere in their bodies, to form carbohydrates, and then they digest those as they would carbohydrates from food, and that is how camels can survive on so little food.
  • kill living beings
    camels are not plants.
  • fight. dream. horse. love.
    the wire in my braces is rubbing my cheek raw
  • currently watching entry-level tech advice videos on youtube because im too depressed to find anything else