The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• From the first film I assume it's going to be around 2 hours of zooming in on Jesus' gory wounds in slow-mo or something.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Alduin said:

It's going to be about Jesus' resurrection.

Oh. Bor-ing
  • That was my first thought too. What plotline are they going to use?
    I'm sure this all has nothing to do with Christian movies making a lot of money...
  • fight. dream. horse. love.
    paul thomas anderson is my favorite director who makes me feel like an idiot every time i watch one of his movies
  • Got so engrossed in my gaming that I forgot to eat for six hours.

Whoops.
  • Spoilers for Harry Potter and the Cursed Child are out.

I'm not going to spoil here in case anybody cares, but, wow, it's not looking good.
  • Funnily enough, the people who have actually seen the previews say that the play itself is not bad, so maybe it's just the way that the spoilers were written that make it sound bad.

Even if it does turn out to be not as bad as it seems, it is funny to see Tumblr panicking about it
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    i haven't decided how much i care yet
  • I read the plot synopsis it looks convoluted I guess but
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

• Spoilers for Harry Potter and the Cursed Child are out.

I'm not going to spoil here in case anybody cares, but, wow, it's not looking good.
    My reaction upon reading the plot. 

(SPOILERS)
  • kill living beings
    Odradek said:
    dammit, those octopus things are just hot dogs? i feel lied to
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

still great
    Robert Anton Wilson endorsed e-prime and preferred good, sceptical phrases like "Deutschland Uber Alles" to bad, dogmatic phrases like "I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal.""

Under the cha-cha penthouse where Robin Morgan and a gaggle of other Radical Feminists hold a cocktail party to complain about their exquisite emotional sufferings, way down in the dark, in the alley, among the discarded condoms and the rubbish, you will find our new Jews. A group of males, some of them white, sleeping in the freezing rain. A rat bites one and he cries out, briefly in his sleep. But the exquisite ladies do not hear that, up in the penthouse where the intelligentsia meet to manipulate the media and mold the lines of thought and image that control social perception.

The rain continues to fall on the homeless men. Their bodies and minds destroyed in Vietnam, these dehumanized creatures remain beyond pity and beyond compassion, beyond the perimeter of the human commonwealth, because of the shape of their genitals. We must not consider Radical Feminism a crazy Hate Group, of course. We must accept it as chic; and as ultra-modern; and as politically correct. Only the people who hate on the basis of nose-shape or skin-color deserve the label of bigots, of course. Of course.

-The wit and wisdom of Robert Anton Wilson

• i just bought an x-small jacket, what is the world coming to
  • it is too hot ;w;
    Embedded image permalink

I was looking for this  few days ago
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    I honestly find that image a little charming.
  • kill living beings
    Jane said:

Odradek said:
    a lot of this just seems to be insulting Japanese snack foods :|
    eh, it seemed pretty neutral on that front. i was kind of annoyed at all the "always" but who cares. mochi is great. great!
  • ok but
    An even more bizarre premise is the large role fried chicken (フライドチキン) plays in Japanese Christmas — the result, apparently, of a brazenly deceptive KFC campaign in the 1970s that simply lied to the Japanese and told them buying fried chicken at Christmastime was a proud western tradition. Because of the association with the holiday, fried chicken legs are often shown decorated with festive ribbons.
  • kill living beings
    KFC in Japan seems kind of amazing honestly... i mean you know about the curse business
    In Kafka On The Shore, Colonel Sanders appears as a minor god/pimp
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Odradek said:

Embedded image permalink

I was looking for this  few days ago
    I wonder if anyone ever told them that, sometimes, a cigar is just a cigar.
    man, fuck the Simpsons
    I never watched the Simpsons as a child, and apparently I was rescued from being part of a generation of invalids who are incapable of speaking without paying homage to their lame family guy precursor.

fuck it fuck it fuck it
  • You know when you completely go off on something like this it's sorely tempting to just spam memes from it.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    we must go to different places because i don't encounter these people except when you talk about them
    It's like 60/40 for familiarity and unfamiliarity on my side, these sorts of 90s kids (beyond Tumblrites being all fannish which I find fun), I think, falling solidly into the latter camp. Tiresome either way.
  • Jane said:

You know when you completely go off on something like this it's sorely tempting to just spam memes from it.

I wouldn't actually do it because it's needlessly antagonistic, it's just, you know.

idk I guess it's dumb because I tell people not to do this all the time but I feel slightly personally targeted when you rant about Simpsons fans, and I'm the only one of those that I even know of? There aren't many people who actually still watch the show with any regularity.
    Still watching the show seems markedly better than talking entirely in quotes from the first ten seasons
    It seems way less Ready Player One-ish
    what makes it like Ready Player One?
  • Odradek said:

Still watching the show seems markedly better than talking entirely in quotes from the first ten seasons

there was a lot of quotable stuff in the first ten seasons

it's like Monty Python or s/t.

granted there is also a lot of quotable stuff recently but no one watches the show anymore so
    It's eternally living in the rehashed remains of something that stopped being relevant years ago, without ever bringing anything new to the equation, or ever going beyond surface level
    Jane said:

Jane said:

You know when you completely go off on something like this it's sorely tempting to just spam memes from it.

I wouldn't actually do it because it's needlessly antagonistic, it's just, you know.

idk I guess it's dumb because I tell people not to do this all the time but I feel slightly personally targeted when you rant about Simpsons fans, and I'm the only one of those that I even know of? There aren't many people who actually still watch the show with any regularity.
    But yes, you are right, and I am sorry.

Just kinda feel like I'm living in an obnoxious cultural shadow
  • this conversation is so lovely, im thrilled that we are having it again, i am elated to participate in a forum dedicated to emulating the classic 1993 family film Groundhog Day starring Bill Murray

this is most certainly a step or two up from hearing people quote the simpsons, yessiree bob
    sorry
  • this conversation is so lovely, im thrilled that we are having it again, i am elated to participate in a forum dedicated to emulating the classic 1993 family film Groundhog Day starring Bill Murray

how dare you reference that

bill murray killed my father in 1993
  • Odradek said:

sorry

sorry means that you're going to do something different moving forward
    Yes.

I will not to complain about the ubiquity of Simpsons references.
  • edited 2016-06-11 23:10:49
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    So, we're looking after my maternal Grandma's dog, Sandy, a little curly dog.

She left a trail of poop to my room last night.

She pooped on the carpet today, stepped in it, and then jumped on the couch and wiped her bum on it, so Mom yelled at her and sent her outside.

She decided to lay behind the back wheels of the van, and my dad accidentally ran her over, Mom and I heard her yelp, and ran.  Dad tried to start her heart and mom tried to feel for breath, and I just stood and saw that she didn't even look hurt except she wasn't moving.  Now she's dead, and Grandma's going to be sad, and my sister is devastated, and I'm sad, and my parents are feeling guilty, and she died being in trouble. 
    Oh my god Aliroz, I am so so sorry
    *hug*
    :(
    :(

You all have my wishes.
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Thanks guys.

She used to obnoxiously beg for food, so I would taunt her by walking around with meat and seeing how I could make her walk through the entire house after me.  She used to move pillows and jackets into a little nest in which she would sleep (she liked to sleep in tight places.  This might be why she decided to curl up behind the wheel).