The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• Ich bin ein jelly doughnut
    Yes.

Italians use sambuca in coffee a fair amount, afaik. Milk definitely fucked this up though.

Maybe I should figure out what the hell nutmeg is.
  • edited 2015-10-23 13:26:50
    Ich bin ein jelly doughnut
    "In its pure form, myristicin is a toxin, and consumption of excessive amounts of nutmeg can result in myristicin poisoning.[5]"

We're off to a good start.

This led to me looking into MMDA. Looks like fun. Too bad it's Schedule 1.
  • edited 2015-10-23 13:27:10
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Nutmeg is a dissociative hallucinogen when taken in very large amounts. It apparently dries out your mouth and puts you in this weird tripped-out state for days on end. Not for the casual enthusiast.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    That might explain why nutmeg with eggnog made me feel nauseous as a kid
    Paranoid ideation, huh...
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    It takes a lot of whole nutmeg, though, and I think you're supposed to chew it. The action is similar to a betel quid, but the effects are closer to ketamine.

I don't do any of this stuff, I'm just well-informed. >->
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Lord Dunsany might be the most perfect writer to read before going to bed.
    A reasonable assertion, methinks.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Now time for some quotes from the Robot Princess!

Does anyone who doesn't follow you for ILLEGALLY CENSORING your highly important question: am I more advertisements?

How does one become a professional truck driver and not end up still an undergrad at nearly 25?

only TRUE 2000s kids would be confused if you have a favorite Android email client
    0vvvv0 said:

It takes a lot of whole nutmeg, though, and I think you're supposed to chew it. The action is similar to a betel quid, but the effects are closer to ketamine.

I don't do any of this stuff, I'm just well-informed. >->
    I mean, I guess I drink coffee, which gives anxiety as it is. But that's utilitarian! I need to be awake.
  • I put milk and sambuca in my coffee

why

because my coffee is stale

no i mean why
  • sambuca is just one of those drinks. i dont think i have ever had it when i haven't already been plastered

sidenote: i have it on good authority that tripping on nutmeg is absolutely horrible
    v I loled

I put milk and sambuca in my coffee

why

because my coffee is stale

no i mean why
    Listen. I'm bad at making beverages.
  • kill living beings
    holy god it's cold now.

sambuca is just one of those drinks. i dont think i have ever had it when i haven't already been plastered

sidenote: i have it on good authority that tripping on nutmeg is absolutely horrible

So I have heard.
    Oh dear laird.

I find it interesting that when he asked people at the Home Office about it, they assumed that he meant MDBZ (one of Shulgin's babies). Which makes him look even dumber, given that at least two other MPs could pull out a psychedelic research chemical from memory when this lug was tripping over his own tongue.
    Why on earth would they do this? This is England we are talking about, not Hungary or China or Uganda or Uzbekistan.
  • My jaws hurt. I can't tell if the painkillers are working.
    Tucker said:

My jaws hurt. I can't tell if the painkillers are working.

They probably are. Otherwise, the pain would probably be much worse. If it's simply an ache, or a general pain rather than a mind-obliterating one, they are probably working.
    Painkillers do not numb you, generally, at least not prescribed opiates; they simply keep things tolerable and distract you by various mechanisms.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    The elevator in the civil engineering building is out of service...again

Nothing like walking across campus only to then have to climb four flights of stairs
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Got the best Transistor emoticon on Steam.

imageimageimage

Nothing like walking across campus only to then have to climb four flights of stairs

At least you like the subject.
  • 0vvvv0 said:

Tucker said:

They probably are. Otherwise, the pain would probably be much worse. If it's simply an ache, or a general pain rather than a mind-obliterating one, they are probably working.
    Ah. Update: Jaw pain is increasing.

0vvvv0 said:

At least you like the subject.
    There's that, yeah.

I'm eligible to take an airport design course next term! :D
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS

Hmm...

In chem lab we label our test tubes with "Industrial" Sharpies and now I find myself wondering what the difference is between an Industrial Sharpie and a regular Sharpie.
    Do they smell like glycol ethers (like regular Sharpies), or like gasoline or Band-Aids?
    Also, I wonder what emoji I'd be.
    I wouldn't know. I can barely smell on a normal day, let alone in a chemistry lab

H2S is some nasty stuff
    Tucker said:

0vvvv0 said:

Tucker said:

Ah. Update: Jaw pain is increasing.

So it might be wearing off. You have your pills? Take a fraction of one.
  • It's just sorta fluctuating. Also note that my pain tolerance is super low.
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    H2S is some nasty stuff

It's also the superconductor with the highest known temperature. (-70c)
    H2S is dangerous enough that experiments generating it should be in the fume hood :(
  • *gets wisdom teeth out*

*immediately starts craving chips*
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...

A good series, this is.
    lee4hmz said:

H2S is dangerous enough that experiments generating it should be in the fume hood :(

Ohio State's undergrad chem labs are pretty elaborate. The lab benches have small individual fume hoods for each student.
  • I am trying to not be immensely bothered by the fact that my younger brothers are watching a Minecraft machinima on our TV.
    :3 said:

I am god

I thought you were cat

Make up your mind
  • Minecraft is a great game and a fucking repulsive artistic medium.

Minecraft is a great game and a fucking repulsive artistic medium.

How so?
  • 0vvvv0 said: Witchy Jane said:Minecraft is a great game and a fucking repulsive artistic medium.

How so?

it just looks awful and the production is uniformly done by pretty small companies who are already catering to an existing fanbase so it ends up this ugly-looking
    thing that doesn't hold appeal to anyone but 12 year old boys.

I would care less about this if I weren't constantly subjected to it. I love my siblings but relying on old shows on Netflix and whatever can be found on Youtube for TV has left me soured on a lot of media.
  • Overexposure mostly. I don't find it repulsive, just mildly annoying. There's actually something really interesting to me about how it's likely going to define gaming for a loooooot of young'ns. Certainly better than Call of Duty doing that.
  • I got to touch actual ivory keys on a Chopin-era piano today.

I suppose this balances out last night
  • edited 2015-10-23 18:31:45
    image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Escape will make me God.
  • I should rephrase actually cuz this isn't a machinima it's actually a cartoon that uses Minecraft as like an artstyle.

I don't know, I'm trying very hard to ignore it.
  • Tucker said:

Overexposure mostly. I don't find it repulsive, just mildly annoying. There's actually something really interesting to me about how it's likely going to define gaming for a loooooot of young'ns. Certainly better than Call of Duty doing that.

that's true
  • On a train with a raging fever. Not fun at all.