The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• edited 2015-10-21 16:51:11
    Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    cut
  • We can do anything if we do it together.

TIL that there are people who think that G-Gundam, a series that is cheesier than an every-cheese stuffed crust pizza with extra cheese and a side of cheesy chips, is unintentionally camp. And I'm really confused over how you would reach that conclusion.

TBF, a lot of Gundam shows are unintentionally camp, so I can see how people unfamiliar with the franchise would think that was more of the same thing. 
  • My dreams exceed my real life

You know what I really kinda find unsettling?

The way that 4chan uses, "autistic" as an adjective to mean, "nerdy, nitpicky".

Also, I will never be comfortable with, "sperging out" or, "sperglord".

Those are not what those words mean.  Neurodevelopmental disorders are NOT subcultures and they are NOT personalities.

Yes, this is correct and good.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    bein' a cow
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

bein' a cow

I'm a part-time horse
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Overheard a guy complaining about the idea of climbing the hill that I walk up daily. It was funny. (In his defense, that hill is kinda nasty.)
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS

bein' a cow

I'm a part-time horse
    my dog thinks he's a horse
    Got bored and calculated the hill. Rough average grade of 7% over the course of a mile.
    Back To The Future must be Cracked's favorite film, based on how many articles have featured them discovering new plotholes.
    oldschoolfrp:    Lemures are tormented by the devils of the Nine Hells.  (Dave Trampier, AD&D Monster Manual, TSR, 1977.)      Not to be confused…
  • Ich bin ein jelly doughnut
    MELTING IS TIRED
    Torgo said:

oldschoolfrp:    Lemures are tormented by the devils of the Nine Hells.  (Dave Trampier, AD&D Monster Manual, TSR, 1977.)      Not to be confused…

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I can hear my own lisp now

I didn't used to
    A mage who refuses to attack with fire because that's so last season.
  • Torgo said:

Back To The Future must be Cracked's favorite film, based on how many articles have featured them discovering new plotholes.

it's a touchstone of 80s pop culture.

I've never seen it though and probably won't ever.
  • ...everything on the front page of Cracked is back to the future related

ok then
  • it's BTTF day

to some people this is important.

I find it harmless but I'd be lying if I said I really cared much.
    Section and I are hosting a BTTF group watch later this evening, if anyone's interested
    We're actually doing that today?

Yay!
    Forward to the Past IV: An Old Hope
  • it's BTTF day

BTTF day is not at least as morally repugnant as "Labor" day, the day where "laborers*" get the day off.

• demo said:

it's BTTF day

BTTF day is not at least as morally repugnant as "Labor" day, the day where "laborers*" get the day off.

what
  • Red Dragon.
  • demo said:

Red Dragon.

Checkmate, Heapers.
    shark still looks fake
    You know, the Noodle Incident is almost funnier if you choose to believe that Calvin is telling the truth when he vehemently denies that he was responsible.

Whatever it was, it evidently couldn't be proven that he was responsible, since he never seems to have faced any punishment for it...
    the scenery channel
  • operator from another world

i want to be that other girl
    MACFRY!!!
  • edited 2015-10-21 21:27:41
    My dreams exceed my real life
    Rickrolling was dead, but then Tumblr decided it was funny again
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
  • edited 2015-10-21 21:29:01
    Rickrolling was always funny. But it makes sense that an unexpected return would make it funnier considering that it's a joke predicated on being unexpected.
  • Rickrolling is the Once And Future Meme
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch

24 thinks that being a multiple of 12 is as glamorous as being a power of 2.

It doesn't work that way, sweetheart. Just ask 36. She may be greater than 32, but she'll always be living in 32's shadow.

As if!

32 *wishes* she could be highly composite the way 36 is!
    The best number is the numb♀████♀♀●●◙◙♥♥
  • 8 wins.

8 always wins even if I am not Vriska at the moment.

8 is gr8.
    OpAPHID said:

It doesn't work that way, sweetheart. Just ask 36. She may be greater than 32, but she'll always be living in 32's shadow.

As if!

When's the last time you heard of a 36-bit microprocessor, smarty pants?
    five minutes ago
    Do the math

Jaguar
  • Just a while ago I took a potato chip... and ATE it.

YNTKT.

OpAPHID said:

As if!

When's the last time you heard of a 36-bit microprocessor, smarty pants?
    admittedly, i have never heard of computers in base 6

but i'm not really a computery person
  • That is not dead which can eternal lie.

Insert: "Why you always lieing meme"

A computer that works exclusively in base 60.
    actually i guess you wouldn't be talking about 'bits' if you were in some other base

trits maybe

A computer that works exclusively in base 60.

Babylonian architecture.
  • edited 2015-10-21 22:39:22
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    "Many early computers aimed at the scientific market use a 36-bit word length.[1] This word length was just long enough to represent positive and negative integers to an accuracy of ten decimal digits (35 bits would have been the minimum). It also allowed the storage of six alphanumeric characters encoded in a six-bit character code."
  • *takes another potato chip... and EATS it*
    OpAPHID said:

"Many early computers aimed at the scientific market use a 36-bit word length.[1] This word length was just long enough to represent positive and negative integers to an accuracy of ten decimal digits (35 bits would have been the minimum). It also allowed the storage of six alphanumeric characters encoded in a six-bit character code."

...You win this round, 36.

But wait till 64 gets here!!
  • 64 is nice.

It is 8 x 8. It pleases my inner Vriska.