The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    To be honest, I don't enjoy banning people.

Like 95% of bans from HH were spambots back when we had open registration, and that was just a tedious nuisance.

And when it's real people getting banned, there's usually hurt feelings all around, which is no fun.
  • edited 2015-10-21 01:16:24
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Man, if I was an admin, I'd make Fast Eddie look like.

Well you, Lee, and Anonus.

Dang it, I'm the devil on the shoulder, aren't I.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    ...wow, there's 6 pages of banned accounts and of all those only 10 actually belonged to real people.

And some of those were sockpuppets.
  • kill living beings
    been hittin The Leviathan pretty hard there, haven'tcha, aliroz
  • edited 2015-10-21 01:22:46
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    If I was an admin, I'd be all like:

BANHAMMA!

BANS FOR EVERYONE!

YOU GET A BAN, YOU GET A BAN, YOU DON'T GET A BAN JUST KIDDING BANBANBAN ALL BANS!

THAT'LL LEARN YOU TO EXPRESS DISSENT, PEON!

TELL ME I'M WRONG.  OH WAIT, YOU CAN'T!

BAN BAN BAN, I LIKE TO BAN, I LIKE TO BAN A FRIEND, BAN BAN BAN.
  • If I had a banhammer I'd laugh evilly and threaten to wave it around and then be too chickenshit to use it.

That or I would SHUT THIS SHIT DOWN.
  • Like there'd be a "SHUT THIS SHIT DOWN" button I could press or something.
  • And with that happy thought I shall head off for the night. Or something.
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    And that's why I am not allowed to be in charge of anything, ever.
    This is apparently a big enough problem to require PSAs on transit buses now:

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    moo
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Torgo said:

Omar Khayyam knew Hassan Ih-Sabbah of the Hashashin fame personally.

This is interesting, if given the times only a little surprising. Hassan-i-Sabbah was a decidedly less marginal figure than the organisation he lead would suggest; after all, the Nizari were and are a fairly big sect, and he was a political leader of sorts within the group.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.

The new building at my old school is weird. It's all giant windows and white walls and wooden slats. Kinda reminds me of Madoka. Albeit with less liches.

are you sure about that

the liches thing, i mean
  • edited 2015-10-21 01:58:13
    Ich bin ein jelly doughnut
    :3 said:

seriously culottes are the culosst thing

imo
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Calica said:

The new building at my old school is weird. It's all giant windows and white walls and wooden slats. Kinda reminds me of Madoka. Albeit with less liches.

are you sure about that

the liches thing, i mean
    teenage boys don't have the attention span to become liches

someone in Oklahoma is very unhappy right now
    24 thinks that being a multiple of 12 is as glamorous as being a power of 2.

It doesn't work that way, sweetheart. Just ask 36. She may be greater than 32, but she'll always be living in 32's shadow.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

someone in Oklahoma is very unhappy right now
    can you call them and tell them you're the wrong person?

24 thinks that being a multiple of 12 is as glamorous as being a power of 2.

It doesn't work that way, sweetheart. Just ask 36. She may be greater than 32, but she'll always be living in 32's shadow.

honestly when I look at "32" I think of WFLD
  • The feeling of clean bed sheets fresh out of the dryer is awesome.
  • edited 2015-10-21 06:34:57
    cool new avatar. suits me better.

Is there a female equivalent to the Private Investigator look? Longcoats stayed in style for women (and the fedora was a feminine piece of clothing originally), so I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to construct the look.

I mean. While typing that, I remembered Carmen Sandiego, too. So, never mind I guess.
    haha you're tempting me to switch to an avatar of a certain fedora-donning detective mouse
  • Lauren Bacall?
  • Okay idea

I know a lot people here like Creating Stuff but have trouble with actually doing it, so what if I started a thread where people present creative projects they're working on and do a sort of gift exchange/Secret Santa type deal but only people who met their personal goals get them?
  • Ich bin ein jelly doughnut
    Anonus said:

haha you're tempting me to switch to an avatar of a certain fedora-donning detective mouse

Lauren Bacall?

there's this one old noir furry film about a mouse investigating (i think) a rat, but the mouse is a dude. i also don't know the name or anything.
  • edited 2015-10-21 06:43:04
    Tucker said:

Okay idea

I know a lot people here like Creating Stuff but have trouble with actually doing it, so what if I started a thread where people present creative projects they're working on and do a sort of gift exchange/Secret Santa type deal but only people who met their personal goals get them?

Seems a bit odd, but I'm interested in seeing anything that encourages creative output from those pursuing it.

Lauren Bacall?

Blabber Mouse
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Get what?
    Anonus said:

Lauren Bacall?

Blabber Mouse
    I was wrong.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    the great mouse detective
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Agent Peggy Carter wears a fedora.
    Basil and Agent Carter work for the Dread Disney and are not who I was referring to v_v

(irony)
    i can't sleep. knock me out.
  • i can't sleep. knock me out.

• ive spent the past hour playing alphabear #hardcoregaming
  • Tucker said:

Okay idea

Seems a bit odd, but I'm interested in seeing anything that encourages creative output from those pursuing it.
    Would you be willing to participate?

Get what though?
  • It'd be secret. You're secretly assigned a partner and choose a gift for them.
  • edited 2015-10-21 11:28:12
    Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    I live like so far away from you people.

I can't even give or receive Steam gifts anymore.
  • Man if it increases interest I'll find a way to get stuff to ya
  • edited 2015-10-21 14:58:01
    Munch munch, chomp chomp...

Tucker said:

Okay idea

More or less my stance, and I'd participate, except right now I'm really not in a position to do what I want yet (unfortunately).

Edit: Realized that might sound like a cop-out. Whatever. There are things I've been working on to make sentences exactly like the above less of a thing.
    Indivisible, I love you more than life itself, but you are bad for my heart and my spirit.
    Cucumber Quest is going to end with Peridot befriending literally everyone on the planet.
    I've been Stevening so long that now I read "Perdiot" with a hard t by default
    Pear-ears-dote.
  • kill living beings
    time for getting up "early" to steal federally allocated resources in order to complete my federally mandated homework
  • edited 2015-10-21 16:45:25
    We can do anything if we do it together.

I've been Stevening so long that now I read "Perdiot" with a hard t by default

Same, honestly.

It's kinda funny, since I used to bitch about CQ!Peridot being eclipsed by SU!Peridot before I actually watched SU.
    TIL that there are people who think that G-Gundam, a series that is cheesier than an every-cheese stuffed crust pizza with extra cheese and a side of cheesy chips, is unintentionally camp. And I'm really confused over how you would reach that conclusion.
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    You know what I really kinda find unsettling?

The way that 4chan uses, "autistic" as an adjective to mean, "nerdy, nitpicky".

Also, I will never be comfortable with, "sperging out" or, "sperglord".

Those are not what those words mean.  Neurodevelopmental disorders are NOT subcultures and they are NOT personalities.
    That is a bad thing.