I'm one of those
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    are ya?
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Yes I'm part Scottish
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    cool.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Same. Somewhere in the family, at least.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Transform and roll out.

That is the word of the gods.
  • Know your lines? Of course you know your lines! But I don't want to just hear your lines...I wanna hear what's in YOUR SOULS!!

Transform and roll out.

That is the word of the gods.
    Damn it, I was going to make that joke
  • Know your lines? Of course you know your lines! But I don't want to just hear your lines...I wanna hear what's in YOUR SOULS!!
    Also I guess it's Craig Bartlett's birthday today, he posted a very cryptic image on Instagram that looks to be something about the Hey Arnold revival thing because it's a whiteboard that clearly has some words written on it related to the show
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    The warehouse episode of We Bare Bears is adorable.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Zeether said:

That's not a joke. That's literally what happens in Transformers vs. GI Joe.

Destro as a young mute pre-Scottsman makes a pilgrimage to a faux-druid holy site which is an Autobot ship, activates the ships' systems, suffers a transformative experience, and gains the ability to speak as well as cybernetic immortality.

"what's cracking" is something literal grandparents say, writer of Blondie

Zeether said:

That's not a joke. That's literally what happens in Transformers vs. GI Joe.

Destro as a young mute pre-Scottsman makes a pilgrimage to a faux-druid holy site which is an Autobot ship, activates the ships' systems, suffers a transformative experience, and gains the ability to speak as well as cybernetic immortality.
    Holy shit
  • Zeether said:

Also I guess it's Craig Bartlett's birthday today.

• Not even hiding the fact that I am listening to my iPod during this lecture
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Rise of the Bonetariat: The Intersection Between Undertale and Post-War Marxist Thought
  • edited 2015-10-19 15:47:28
    image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Realisation: In the Megami Tensei series, YHVH is depicted as a giant floating head. In other words, He's the Godhead.
    Pretty much, yeah.

This, by the way, is their version of a Rabbi:
  • edited 2015-10-19 16:01:27
    Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Incidentally, I think that's why I prefer the Persona series from 2008 onwards over the mainline SMT series. There's a much tighter mythological theming focus, instead of kitchen-sink jumbles.

Persona 3's personae are all either Greek, or directly inspired by or from Greek sources (Egyptian, Roman, Hermeticism, Christianity), with the exception of Kala-Nemi (apparently pre-Vedic), which is the strange exception.

Persona 4 tightens it even more, as all their personae are Japanese, and the monsters they face are various Kami.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

This seems quite silly. Surely this Canadian law wouldn't actually apply to people outside of Canada in the first place?
    Well, you don't necessarily have to reside in Canada to be in Canada.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Well, there's that.
    "Sir, do you know why I've stopped you?"

"Because I was going 57 in a 55 zone?"

"...Sir, you have a grand piano resting on skateboards tied to the back of your car and you're dragging it along behind you down the highway."

"Oh, my musical trailer! I know I need a license plate for it, but the Ministry of Transport refused to let me register it for some reason."
    Torgo said:

"what's cracking" is something literal grandparents say, writer of Blondie
    I distinctly remember Kenan Rockmore and Kel Kimble reacting to "the haps" with utter bafflement

This should tell you how dated a saying it is
  • Rise of the Bonetariat: The Intersection Between Undertale and Post-War Marxist Thought
    camera zooms in on sans, rimshot is heard
  • "Sir, do you know why I've stopped you?"

"Because I was going 57 in a 55 zone?"

"...Sir, you have a grand piano resting on skateboards tied to the back of your car and you're dragging it along behind you down the highway."

"Oh, my musical trailer! I know I need a license plate for it, but the Ministry of Transport refused to let me register it for some reason."
    Is there also a piano seat on rollerskates?
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.

Pretty much, yeah.

This, by the way, is their version of a Rabbi:
    that is a goddamn catholic tachikoma
  • Ich bin ein jelly doughnut
    ^
    SMT II was 1994. Tachikoma were 2002. Therefore, Tachikoma are headless Rabbi.
    "Merry Christmas, Princess!"

"Aww, thanks Safety Fairy."

*Princess Alice opens the present*

"A-another high-visibility safety vest. I'll add it to my collection, I guess."

"Blaze orange stripes on fluorescent yellow-green is very trendy this year."
  • Ich bin ein jelly doughnut

SMT II was 1994. Tachikoma were 2002. Therefore, Tachikoma are headless Rabbi.

First bit of GITS manga was released in 1989.

I imagine Princess Alice just wads each safety vest into a ball and throws them in a pile in her closet.

Ash, on the other hand, keeps them neatly folded in their packages and saves them to hand out to people who want to walk at night or ride bikes in the street.
  • kill living beings
    um actually *adjusts nose to be more nasal* the tachikoma design was unique to the "stand alone complex" anime; the manga had "fuchikoma" which couldn't be used because of copyright something
  • edited 2015-10-19 21:04:52
    image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    The Tachikoma were made exclusively for SAC, due to copyright issues. The manga used the Fuchikoma, which were green (or red in the PS1 game for some reason), shorter, and had one eye. (See the Uchikomas in SSS, which are Tachi/Fuchi hybrids.)

Content consumers are in league with robot chicken

The Tachikoma were made exclusively for SAC, due to copyright issues. The manga used the Fuchikoma, which were green (or red in the PS1 game for some reason), shorter, and had one eye. (See the Uchikomas in SSS, which are Tachi/Fuchi hybrids.)

The PS1 game is also by the Jumping Flash! developers, Exact. They have one particular font they like to use in all their games.
  • fight. dream. horse. love.
    The Room is somehow both not as bad as I was led to believe, and much much much worse

The Room is somehow both not as bad as I was led to believe, and much much much worse

I just like to watch you guys.
  • i was disappointed wrt to the room, the sex scenes ended up making it impossible to watch with my sis
    :3 said:

i was disappointed wrt to the room, the sex scenes ended up making it impossible to watch with my sis

You kinda just have to skip past those.
  • fight. dream. horse. love.
    it also kind of soft-pedals Mark being a piece of shit
  • :3 said:

i was disappointed wrt to the room, the sex scenes ended up making it impossible to watch with my sis

Why did you watch the sex scenes?

The Room is meant to be made fun of. The sex scenes push it to, well, Star Wars Holiday Special levels. You can't even enjoy that.

it also kind of soft-pedals Mark being a piece of shit

The movie kinda doesn't hold anyone but Lisa responsible for what happens.

Well, and Chris-R
    The best thing about The Room is when Space Ghost interviewed Tommy Wiseau

I don't remember anything about this interview, but I did throw in a blank DVD and hit record the second he showed up :n

god I should re-watch this

Chris-R is easily the best performance in The Room
  • windooooooows
    Controversial statement: Android 5 as modified by Amazon into "Fire OS 5" is still a nicer user experience than Android 4, at least on a tablet.
  • edited 2015-10-20 00:41:24
    My default insult from now on is going to be to call people a "fucking onanism"
  • my default insult from now on is going to be "coral"
  • Listen here

You FUCKING ONANISM