The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    although i liked him very much as a teacup-throwing rebel
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Tachyon said:

Marco should do more 'safe kid' things.

Heh, yeah

I wonder how he'd get along with the Safety Fairy
  • I end up sleeping in yoga positions.

I've never done yoga except for the Wii Fit.

Help.
  • Well, maybe not yoga, but positions that should be fucking uncomfortable and are actually not
  • edited 2015-09-16 22:37:07
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Sleeping in yoga positions?!  Is that uncomfortable?

ninja'd
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

What a delightfully useless piece of homebrew software

Tachyon said:

Heh, yeah

the Safety Fairy shows up, starts driving Star completely crazy but gets along super well with Marco, then in the end he has to disobey her advice in order to help Star with something, and meanwhile Star has to take the Safety Fairy's advice to get out of some kind of problem

this is a very corny script idea
  • There's this one yoga position on the Wii Fit that involves laying flat on your back and bringing a leg over your body and placing in flat on the floor with your foot pointing sideways, and keeping your shoulders flat on the floor.

I sleep like that, no problem
  • The positions that involves laying down.

Guess I'm more flexible than I imagined.
    Tachyon said:

Tachyon said:

Heh, yeah

the Safety Fairy shows up, starts driving Star completely crazy but gets along super well with Marco, then in the end he has to disobey her advice in order to help Star with something, and meanwhile Star has to take the Safety Fairy's advice to get out of some kind of problem

this is a very corny script idea
    You have to write this fic now

The Centralia & Also SVTFOE Fandom demands it
    heh

i will give it a try :)

not this instant though
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    You know, the more I think about it, the more I only dislike a few scenes in Hotline Miami 2. I think three or four? Overall I consider the levels and their designs pretty decent.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    It seems like every other pre-2000s TRPG is based on people who played D&D, but can't stand the fact that you can't play as a shit farmer who will never rise above his station and is useless at everything.
  • I remember that being one of FATAL's problems.

One of.
  • i want to stat up a level 40 commoner
    They are all the same. They all have variant stats for women that include lower strength, they all make everything take forever to accomplish, and they all make you roll for your social status.
  • im really glad i have played none of these
    naney said:

im really glad i have played none of these

No one has ever played any of them
    i have another busted power supply to take apart
    They just sit in the back of nerdstores gathering dust
    more than 40% of Americans thinking astrology is a science is a pretty shocking statistic, tho
    They believe it in the sort of vague who knows indeterminate spiritualism that people believe in most things these days.

This, as always, angers fundamentalists.

Plus the author believes in the Singularity
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
  • people may believe in astrology, but that is not really a problem considering the fact that scarcely anybody knows of the importance of belly rubs
    I for, one, have never seen charitable causes hijacked by people who want more money to be given to the planet Jupiter, so it can shift and increase the world's karma or whatever
  • the catularity
  • Tachyon said:

more than 40% of Americans thinking astrology is a science is a pretty shocking statistic, tho

I used to get it and astronomy mixed up a lot. It's the -ology that gets ya.
    Haven said:

Tachyon said:

I used to get it and astronomy mixed up a lot. It's the -ology that gets ya.
    Ria Misra said:

Only after that asking about horoscopes did they ask about whether astrology was itself a science, making a mix-up with astronomy much less likely.

• Ah. Once again not clicking on a link proves to be my undoing.

I don't think I met so many people who take astrology so seriously until I moved to Portland, though.
  • edited 2015-09-16 23:43:25
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    i mean it's still a silly scaremongering article (astrology oppresses women, leads to fatalism and racism and damages our sense of self?) and the comment about Nancy Reagan at the end is incredibly crass and smug, but that statistic about people thinking it's a science is kind of worrying.
    This is because Americans are idiots
    On this episode Tachyon has to choose between visiting Echo Creek and visiting Mewni
    Let's teach critical thinking, by which I mean listen to everything the nice men in lab coats say.
  • critical thinking is blasphemy

the word of Sredni Vashtar is law

On this episode Tachyon has to choose between visiting Echo Creek and visiting Mewni

on the spot i'd probably choose Mewni because c'mon, magical dimension, but i think i'd have more fun in Echo Creek, Mewni is kinda grim mostly
    naney said:

critical thinking is blasphemy

the word of Sredni Vashtar is law

I shall sacrifice a virgin to the volcano in his honor
    Odradek said:

This is because Americans are idiots

You're a developed country which spends more on science funding than any other country in the world.  In relative terms, i shouldn't think Americans are ignorant about science compared to people from other countries.
  • kill living beings
    does " science funding" include education because the new supercomputer that's a few months late is not very helpful for introduction to biology
    Good point, and actually i guess my post above was kind of dumb and not a good response to Odradek.

But if it's a problem of education, that's still not about people of a particular nationality being idiots, though.
    i'm being pedantic, maybe.
    That's kinda scary.
    The bad news: car wrecks and overturned trucks are uncomfortably common

The good news: there haven't been any fatalities at the curve since 2002
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”

naney said:

Odradek said:

Honestly, the long drawn-out and tortured puns are the main reason I read Pearls before Swine. They're so endearingly bad.
    the best bit is that like you can immediately tell "oh no, it's a pun strip" and then anticipation builds and builds and then OH DEAR GOD NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    I know, it's so great.

I knew someone who dated the lady who sang that before she was famous. She broke up with him.

I also enjoy that strip for the appalling puns.

Anyway, I must sleep. Been up since ten last night. Talk later, y'all!

That' very cool in "oh wow, what a coincidence" kinda ways. 6 degrees of separation strikes again. Even thogh I just missed you, have a good night, my friend. And because I've waited for a really long time to be able to say this, but Wecome back JHM.

^w^

Also Calvin & Hobbes is the swag and so is The Far Side and I have an omnibus of the latter and need one of the former.
    i can't believe i forgot about The Far Side

it's awesome