The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• !!! you did not tell me of this!!

(*styptic pats*)
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    It seemed weirdly unimportant, but it seemed like a perversely funny way to bury the lead.
    I appreciate the pats, though, as ever.
  • Toolsie's Out Of Context QOTD: "Why is the road outside my flat the "go-to" place for people to die? Piss off and die somewhere else"
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    SREDNI'S BACK

let's order a pizza to celebrate
    I would love some pizza right now, like holy fuck.
  • now I want pizza

confound it all
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Toolsie said:

Toolsie's Out Of Context QOTD: "Why is the road outside my flat the "go-to" place for people to die? Piss off and die somewhere else"

context is requested
  • Hell, I'll order him a pizza.
  • Toolsie said:

Toolsie's Out Of Context QOTD: "Why is the road outside my flat the "go-to" place for people to die? Piss off and die somewhere else"

context is requested
    Playing GTA Online, I can see where other players are by looking out the window of my high rise flat and checking the mini map. A lot of death and destruction seems to take place on the roads surrounding my building.

oh, so it's just a vidya game.

that's a relief I guess
  • Kexruct said:

Hell, I'll order him a pizza.

This was a genuine offer.

• My dreams exceed my real life
    Snuff Box is one of the oddest shows I've watched.

It's like Samuel Beckett was commissioned to create a British version of Tim and Eric featuring at least one musical number per episode.
    Odradek said:

It's like Samuel Beckett was commissioned to create a British version of Tim and Eric featuring at least one musical number per episode.
    Example of what I'm talking about
  • hi vash

cool 2 have you around again
  • oh, so it's just a vidya game.

that's a relief I guess

Good God, if it was real life I'd have called the police
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Toolsie said:

oh, so it's just a vidya game.

that's a relief I guess

Good God, if it was real life I'd have called the police
    Aren't you a forensic investigator? I thought you'd enjoy having lots of murders to solve!

:P
  • I went to the bargain bin goodwill and got

* black doc martens

* 80s as fuck white athletic sneakers

* olive military shirt

* a hardcover book on the Guthrie
  • I hate clubs and stuff like that.

But I fucking love dance music.
    If a Naney/Centie meetup ever happens you gotta take me thrift shopping

We'll each grab like $50 and see how much cool junk we end up with
  • edited 2015-09-15 21:14:16
    Touch the cow. Do it now.
    ^^I can identify with that, somewhat
  • fight. dream. horse. love.
    the Minecraft closing credits are much more Anime than I expected
  • Got wi-fi working on my iPod at my Halls.

Fucking A.
  • i also went to a charity shop today and was slightly amazed to find a black shirt with a collar and a good cut that fit me well, for £3.50. even looks like it could be new
    HEY COMPUTERY HEAPERS

I keep a copy of my schoolwork on a flash drive for when I need to use a library or engineering lab computer

But it's a pain to constantly be manually dragging and dropping files back and forth every time I change one

Is there something I could set up that would automatically "sync" the folder on the USB drive to the folder on my laptop and keep the newest version of each file?
  • Charity shops can be amazing. I once got a really nice wedding dress for £20. I was going to be a corpse bride one Halloween but never got round to it.
  • It was a halter neck one with a sticky out skirt with lace and pearls everywhere. It was too nice to be bloodied up.
  • Damn it, now I want to go charity shopping. I got a cute headband from one in Stoke. Must go there tomorrow after the mock court session...
    Odradek said:

Odradek said:

Example of what I'm talking about

I have seen several episodes of this before! Yes, it is fucking bizarre.
    sunn wolf said:

hi vash

cool 2 have you around again

It is good to be back.
  • edited 2015-09-15 21:48:03
    ಠ_ಠ
    I appear to be downloading a fuckton of eurodance music.

I have no regrets.

Also hi Sredni.
    I think I like the British short series model better than the American version.

No man is a hero to his talking stuffed tiger
    The main criticisms of the Star Wars prequels are that they are too dumbed down and kid-friendly, and also that they are too dry and talky.

I feel these two traits are contradictory.
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    I don't think the complaints are as contradictory as you think.

I think they're indicative of the fact that George Lucas was trying to make films that would appeal to both kids and fanboys, and ultimately ended up with a mess that appealed to neither.
    Apartment 3-G has been rambling inane nonsense for weeks now

I think they're indicative of the fact that George Lucas was trying to make films that would appeal to both kids and fanboys, and ultimately ended up with a mess that appealed to neither.

Kids love those movies. I have anecdotal evidence.
  • as a kid i definitely had a fondness so i too am in that camp
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    Odradek said:

Kids love those movies. I have anecdotal evidence.
    Well, that's fair then.

I do think that Lucas should've just appealed completely to kids and forgotten about the fanboys. That would've helped the prequels to be less messy, at least.
  • i also agree with that
    Odradek said:

What is this? It really is... senseless.
    I've got the perfect idea!!

Professor Teacherson's exam starts at 11:30, right? So if I use my wand to turn the clock tower back an hour every time it hits 11:25, we'll never have to take the exam!

...Unless Teacherson has some other clock in his classroom. This might be more complicated than I thought.
  • edited 2015-09-15 22:41:00
    We can do anything if we do it together.
    That's what happens when you have the artistic equivalent of tenure.

Odradek said:

It's one of those soap opera strips.

A few weeks ago it just stopped making sense in any way No one is sure why, although theories tend to assume it has something to do with the artist being 93 years old and just drawing the scripts he gets from the writer.
    boredom
    I like this comic
    Odradek said:

Odradek said:

It's one of those soap opera strips.

A few weeks ago it just stopped making sense in any way No one is sure why, although theories tend to assume it has something to do with the artist being 93 years old and just drawing the scripts he gets from the writer.

So not giving a damn translates into utter surreality. That is beautiful.
  • edited 2015-09-15 23:25:10

Odradek said:

Honestly, the long drawn-out and tortured puns are the main reason I read Pearls before Swine. They're so endearingly bad.

naney is:

1. makin' his way downtown
    2. walkin' fast
    3. faces pass and he's homebound
    4. dodododododo
    My store plays all this the time. I'm honestly kind of amazed it's still getting airplay after 15 years. I mean, it's not a bad song, but few songs manage to stay on air for 1 year, much less 15.
  • It was bleeding on and off for two days! I have no idea what precisely caused it. I do pick at my beard, but spontaneous torrents of blood are rare.

It's so hard not to pick at it, isn't it?

You stroke it to channel your superiority in all things, but then you feel those weird bumps under the hair and you gotta pick at them. 

It is the cost that we who wear beards must bear
    I can relate to this so hard, at least before I started worked at Publix, which doesn't allow beards.