The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• We can do anything if we do it together.

that's your counterexample? you can't even go for Calvin & Hobbes?

Basically, they're all crap except C&H, Peanuts, and Funky Winkerbean

I like Calvin & Hobbes. I'd be glad to use them as a counterexample anytime.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    My favorite thing McDonalds right now is the special shrimp burger in a cereal bun, with sweet potato fries.
  • we do not have that here in America.

instead they introduced a new chicken sandwich recently.

all told? it's alright.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Back from chemistry lab, waiting for chemistry lecture

I didn't finish my entire experiment but my TA assured me I can finish next week
  • Made a whore Sim called Glory Hoyle. She's going to live in a house with several different male roommates and get pregnant from them all
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Toolsie said:

Made a whore Sim called Glory Hoyle. She's going to live in a house with several different male roommates and get pregnant from them all

You use The Sims for wish fulfillment too, eh?
  • Baby one is in the oven
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    https://www.reddit.com/r/badphilosophy/comments/35k2lh/quotes_from_serious_philosophy_that_sound_like/

This was a good thread

and not just because I had the highest rated comment
  • "this is a long book but only in pages"

well of-fucking-course

how else is a book long
  • like physically long? the pages are very tall??
  • Erm... So this wasn't supposed to happen.
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Odradek said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/badphilosophy/comments/35k2lh/quotes_from_serious_philosophy_that_sound_like/

This was a good thread

and not just because I had the highest rated comment

This is absolutely fantastic!
  • well we're leaving now

see you guys later. Tomorrow, hopefully.
  • My Sim was ranting about Death, then she died and the Grim Reaper showed up with the message "I heard what you were saying about me and I don't like it. Don't do it again."
    (2015 self)
    Where's Kexruct?  I haven't seen him around in a while, and I miss talking to him.

"this is a long book but only in pages"

well of-fucking-course

how else is a book long
    Long in order to understand and appreciate
    Aliroz said:

Where's Kexruct?  I haven't seen him around in a while, and I miss talking to him.

He's been around on HH here and there.

I hope you'll both be on at the same time soon.
  • Aliroz said:

ask him about the coral in his avatar
    (2015 self)
    Hi odra!

I'm having an okay day today.  It's raining and my feet are wet in my shoes, but I'm otherwise alright.

Keep your feet dry for me, okay?
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.

"this is a long book but only in pages"

well of-fucking-course

how else is a book long
    well, it could be like House of Leaves and have lots of pages but only 2-3 words per page
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Welcome back, Sredni.
    Odradek said:

Embedded image permalink

If this is what Content means i can understand why it's so insidious.

It was never my impression that this is what it meant, though.  i think it's just a very general term, and the actual subject matter and nature of the things described is no different from before it was called 'Content'.

Why do British people pronounce Barack Obama's first name funny, anyways?

For some reason, British people tend to put stress on the first syllable of names where Americans will stress the last syllable.  Monet is another example, as is Rimbaud.

Odradek said:

I don't think the complaints are as contradictory as you think.

I think they're indicative of the fact that George Lucas was trying to make films that would appeal to both kids and fanboys, and ultimately ended up with a mess that appealed to neither.

Kids love those movies. I have anecdotal evidence.
    Well, that's fair then.

I do think that Lucas should've just appealed completely to kids and forgotten about the fanboys. That would've helped the prequels to be less messy, at least.
    i agree with this, i think.

i definitely remember enjoying the first 2 prequels, and to a lesser extent the 3rd.

that's your counterexample? you can't even go for Calvin & Hobbes?

Basically, they're all crap except C&H, Peanuts, and Funky Winkerbean

i prefer Peanuts to C&H i think.

C&H is much smarter (and less miserable), but Peanuts was what i read when i was a kid and i find it charming.
  • Know your lines? Of course you know your lines! But I don't want to just hear your lines...I wanna hear what's in YOUR SOULS!!
  • Apparently I need to go to the BBQ tomorrow the whole four fucking hours. Fuck that.
  • Know your lines? Of course you know your lines! But I don't want to just hear your lines...I wanna hear what's in YOUR SOULS!!
  • I'm sitting under a pair of bald eagles
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Ah, comrades!
  • I said hi for you
  • In 2004, an R-rated director's cut of Daredevil was released, reincorporating approximately 30 minutes of the film, including an entire sub-plot involving a character played by Coolio. The director's cut was intended as an improvement over the theatrical version.
  • ...apparently some people actually liked that movie?????
  • I am like actually shocked
  • I just assumed that movie was a universal laughingstock, a black mark on the careers of all involved
    It wasn't a huge hit when it first came out, but it wasn't a huge flop either. It was hardly anything to be embarrassed about at the time, even if it has retrospectively been deemed to be an embarrassment.

it certainly wasn't like Catwoman, which was a genuine flop and was despised even at the time.
    It was just kinda there.
  • I'm so confused
  • this must be how the berenstain/ein bears people feel
    I wonder if you're somehow confusing Daredevil with Catwoman, because the latter came out at around the same time and was geniunely

naney said:

a universal laughingstock, a black mark on the careers of all involved

• nope, definitely Daredevil
    One time in seventh grade I was taking a quiz with true/false questions and I didn't know the answer to one

So I wrote this:

And the teacher marked it wrong.

I was extremely angry.

This was probably Todd's best video.

One time in seventh grade I was taking a quiz with true/false questions and I didn't know the answer to one

So I wrote this:

I was extremely angry.
    Fucking non-dialatheist scum
  • edited 2015-09-16 22:09:34
    We can do anything if we do it together.
    Odradek said:

This was probably Todd's best video.
    I'm partial towards this one, myself:

Odradek said:

So I wrote this:

I was extremely angry.
    Fucking non-dialatheist scum
    i can imagine being the teacher and thinking 'what the hell is that'

but they probably just thought it was a funny-looking F.
    Country discovering Hip-Hop is the worst thing ever
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.

So I wrote this:

I was extremely angry.
    in this house we follow the law of the excluded middle, young miss
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    (odradek already did a subtler/more correct version of the same joke but #fuckit)
    Odradek said:

Country discovering Hip-Hop is the worst thing ever

Marco explains the concept of a crosswalk to Star
    Marco should do more 'safe kid' things.