The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• Odradek said:

Honestly, the long drawn-out and tortured puns are the main reason I read Pearls before Swine. They're so endearingly bad.
    the best bit is that like you can immediately tell "oh no, it's a pun strip" and then anticipation builds and builds and then OH DEAR GOD NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
  • I'm so used to sleeping in weird positions that sleeping normally feels weird.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    I knew someone who dated the lady who sang that before she was famous. She broke up with him.

I also enjoy that strip for the appalling puns.

Anyway, I must sleep. Been up since ten last night. Talk later, y'all!
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    nighty night sredni
  • I should get some sleep instead of making myself dead with euro dance music

Night all
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    nighty night toolsie
  • naney said:

Odradek said:

Honestly, the long drawn-out and tortured puns are the main reason I read Pearls before Swine. They're so endearingly bad.
    the best bit is that like you can immediately tell "oh no, it's a pun strip" and then anticipation builds and builds and then OH DEAR GOD NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    I know, it's so great.

I knew someone who dated the lady who sang that before she was famous. She broke up with him.

I also enjoy that strip for the appalling puns.

Anyway, I must sleep. Been up since ten last night. Talk later, y'all!

That' very cool in "oh wow, what a coincidence" kinda ways. 6 degrees of separation strikes again. Even thogh I just missed you, have a good night, my friend. And because I've waited for a really long time to be able to say this, but Wecome back JHM.
    Ok, this has me stumped:

How can I solve that without knowing the stretched length of the spring? Or am I supposed to find the stretched length of the spring? Because I can't figure out how...
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    the other day at work we heard "...Baby One More Time" by Britney Spears

it was unexpected and kinda surreal
  • charity shop music is always interesting

there is one in edinburgh which i went into three separate occasions, twice on the same day separated by a few hours, and then once the next day, and each time it was playing the same justin bieber album

also the 'charity shop but slightly upmarket' vibe that my local oxfam has is totally ruined by the fact that whoever picks the music in there is stuck in 2001 and plays shit like the dandy warhols, heaven is a halfpipe, and the alien ant farm cover of smooth criminal
  • a weird rule of thumb that usually works is, the older the lady manning the checkout, the more contemporary the music is
  • it turns out that the dorky orthopedic-looking sneakers i thrifted today retail for $250

• THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    ->AB and ->AC are vectors, and you can use θ to find the angles using trig.
    Ohhh this is a Law of Cosines thing, isn't it?
  • Know your lines? Of course you know your lines! But I don't want to just hear your lines...I wanna hear what's in YOUR SOULS!!
    Anonus said:

Zeether said:

"Put more original content on Nickelodeon, stop reviving 90s shows"

Yes, because trying to get original content back on Nick has done so well for them and it totally hasn't tanked in ratings and either been canceled or held back from airing
    Other than Avatar and Korra, I can think of no Nicktoons that have premiered in the last decade that were not either quality-deficient or hamstrung by the network in some way
    Robot & Monster got cancelled before airing, Harvey Beaks got new episodes delayed, pilots of stuff like Adventure Time got rejected by Nick and moved to CN

I'm mostly bitter because the statement is blanketing every 90s Nick show and is forgetting the one show that actually deserves to come back and have closure
  • Know your lines? Of course you know your lines! But I don't want to just hear your lines...I wanna hear what's in YOUR SOULS!!
    Also hi Sredni
    How do I know the distance from B to C? Or do I need to know that?
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.

How do I know the distance from B to C? Or do I need to know that?

I think the diagram's saying it's the same as the unstretched length, so law of cosines on the diagram gives you a relation between stretched and unstretched, and some hooke's law bullshit gives the relation between stretched and unstretched as well and then you solve for 'em
    Ok, that makes more sense.

I was thinking of it as a pure trig problem and somehow overlooked the hooke's law aspect
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    heh, I totally forgot about the law of cosines; I just drew a straightedge through the middle of the triangle and beat on the angles until they looked right (they both seem to be 30-60-90 triangles).
  • edited 2015-09-16 02:05:39
    THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    (I took physics and trig the last two years of high school, and I miss them terribly)
  • edited 2015-09-16 02:19:26
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Zeether said:

Anonus said:

Zeether said:

"Put more original content on Nickelodeon, stop reviving 90s shows"

Yes, because trying to get original content back on Nick has done so well for them and it totally hasn't tanked in ratings and either been canceled or held back from airing
    Other than Avatar and Korra, I can think of no Nicktoons that have premiered in the last decade that were not either quality-deficient or hamstrung by the network in some way
    Robot & Monster got cancelled before airing, Harvey Beaks got new episodes delayed, pilots of stuff like Adventure Time got rejected by Nick and moved to CN

I'm mostly bitter because the statement is blanketing every 90s Nick show and is forgetting the one show that actually deserves to come back and have closure
    Nick also rejected Ed, Edd 'n' Eddy, which worked out real well for them
  • The glances I've seen of Robot & Monster seem interesting; I feel like it had potential but Nick kinda made it more or less DOA.

I'll have to make a mental note to watch some of it to actually determine its quality, though.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    it seemed like an alright show to me

of course being on Nickelodeon it was doomed
  • naney said:

Odradek said:

I used to feel kind of guilty for liking Pearls Before Swine... at least, I used to...
    newspaper comics, those are by definition intellectual garbage
  • with garbage we can finally, truly destroy the mind

then we shall know peace
    brain and brain, what is brain?
  • brain and brain, what is brain?

a miserable pile of secrets

nah
  • We can do anything if we do it together.

Even Peanuts?
    that's your counterexample? you can't even go for Calvin & Hobbes?

Basically, they're all crap except C&H, Peanuts, and Funky Winkerbean
  • iunno, those crap puns are pretty great
    my statements should not be taken seriously
  • my statements should not be taken seriously

Should saying this allow one to say literally whatever they want?

I'm not an astrologist, but here's Diane with the weather. 
    Zippy the Pinhead is pretty amazing :n

Also there was an arc in Monty involving Dick Cheney that Section thought seemed like something I'd come up with
    Also, Monty is a creator-driven reworking of what was originally the corporate-mandated Robotman
    Counterclock is a poopyhead
  • In other news, Edgy media has replaced conventional knives.

Suburban Soccer Moms around the globe are all tuning their brand-spanking new televisions to the sights of Donald Trump and Jeb Bush. 
  • no not the Edge
    naney said:

no not the Edge

Yes, The Edge

• Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    2edgy4me
  • I have to go to a mock court today with my mentees. I'll bring a notepad so that it looks like I'm writing stuff down, when actually I'll be doodling.
    When I was on a jury for a real trial the judge allowed us to take notes...but every time we'd leave for the day her bailiff would collect the notebooks to make sure we weren't spreading information about the case.
  • This is a mock courtroom session with our lecturers standing in place of everyone, just to give the crotch dumplings a taste of what is to come.
  • Snuck into the toilets initially to just use the loos.

Ended up having a crying session.
  • My dreams exceed my real life

-hugs the Tools-

• Ordered myself some food just to make sure that I actually eat something