The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Yisssss.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Tachyon said:

Odradek said:

This is because Americans are idiots

You're a developed country which spends more on science funding than any other country in the world.  In relative terms, i shouldn't think Americans are ignorant about science compared to people from other countries.
    We spend money on the Department of Killing Things, so they can kill more things.

Funding technologies that will actually help us avoid climate disaster, is, of course, a pipe dream.
  • edited 2015-09-17 00:43:54
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    ^^ Ah.
    I just realized JHM has missed the Everett True resurgence on HH
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    @Odradek: That song's actually about a different Dead Man's Curve, on Sunset Boulevard in Los Angeles...notable for the car accident that nearly killed Mel Blanc.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    i have to admit, Everett True sure gets it right a lot of the time.

Like idk if it's just the ones you've posted (against that, Glenn showed me some good ones) but it seems like the character's heart is in the right place.
    I'd assume so, because people don't write songs about roads in Cleveland
    Odradek said:

Who/what?
  • Odradek said:

Who/what?
    really old newspaper comics about a fat man who beats up annoying people
    Pffffft.
    aIc6mki.png

Odradek said:

aIc6mki.png

...I love this angry fat man so much.
  • kill living beings
    is he beating a cop? he's totally beating a cop
    Fuck Tha Police-Everett True
    I forgot that there was a time when American progressivism had actual teeth. Which is not to say that I promote clobbering policemen and misogynists. But I can sympathise with the sentiments at play.
    Sometimes he just beats up people who smoke in theaters though
    That is unsurprising. But smoking in theatres is kinda rude, to be fair.
  • kill living beings
    rancid meat smells bad

weird
  • Does anybody not strive to be Everett True, in a constant state of being in the right and having the means and gumption to exert that rightness?
  • Well I'm not getting back to sleep. Those three hours of sleep were clearly enough for me to function and I must have a clear need to be at three in the bloody morning and not be able to get back to sleep.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Everett True is highly unpleasant
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    i do not strive to be him, and i would be constantly on eggshells around him if he were a real person.  It still kinda bothers me that people find it funny to imagine violence inflicted on 'that kind of person who's really annoying'.

Nevertheless i appreciate that during his more moralizing moments, as far as i've seen, he seems to be coming from the right place.
  • -shrugs-

I just feel like it's good to be in a universe that rewards you for following up on every emotional thought you have

Plus, Everett always has the right opinions in his comic! I'd give an arm just for that!
  • kill living beings
    it turns out my ideal video game skill level is " pretty good bit doesn't give s fuck about winning"
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    I'm actually surprised there aren't any rumble strips here. 

Also, has ODOT ever talked about rebuilding this interchange?
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Comment sections are the new peanut galleries.

The problem is not that we let everyone speak. The problem is that we thought they would speak like us.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    nah. the problem is that we let everyone speak.
  • Usually the Cyanide and Happiness shorts make me smile, or make me laugh a little bit.

This weeks one made me burst out laughing.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Ann Coulter's Twitter is the fuck
  • edited 2015-09-17 10:12:34
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    lee4hmz said:

I'm actually surprised there aren't any rumble strips here. 

Also, has ODOT ever talked about rebuilding this interchange?
    ODOT has plans to rebuild it but it's so far down the funding list that it would be at least 2022 before they'd be able to start

Columbus has a liiiitle bit of a habit of prioritizing its own roads before other cities :P
  • I didn't know that it was physically possible to be this tired.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    What I find impressive about the Everett True comics is that they're so...timeless. Most of the stuff True beats people up for is just as obnoxious in today's society as it was back then.
  • Is it acceptable to have a pyjama day?
    I have those pretty much every weekend, so...
  • Having one right now.

Got a migraine coming on, so yeah...
  • Know your lines? Of course you know your lines! But I don't want to just hear your lines...I wanna hear what's in YOUR SOULS!!
    I want to go drift that corner.
    Princess Meredith Expressway

The Princess Meredith Expressway was a proposed freeway in Colerain, Centralia that would have connected The University of Centralia's campus on the city's west side to Highway 4 (Centralia Principal Highway) just east of the city center. Only a small portion of the freeway was built during Meredith's reign, and upon taking the throne, Princess Jeanette cancelled the project, citing environmental concerns.

The only portion of the Princess Meredith Expressway to be completed was the east end, a 7-km (4.4 mi) stretch connecting Highway 4 on the east end of Colerain with E. University Avenue to the north. This portion was designated Highway 118 in 1987.

Although the freeway was never completed northwest of E. University Avenue, several kilometers of right-of-way were cleared for the proposed road, much of which remains vacant to this day. In recent years the Meredith Freeway right-of-way has been a central focus of urban redevelopment efforts in Colerain.

TIL there was a time when "hot dog" was uncommon slang
  • edited 2015-09-17 13:18:57
    Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Just Noticed Game Theory videos come with the subtitle "The Smartest Show In Gaming." What a laugh. I say, despite enjoying FNaF videos, because I am animatronic garbage.
  • I know I'm supposed to be acceptive of all news media sources given that's my major (we're tasked with watching one show on Fox News, 60 Minutes, and Wait Wait, Don't Tell Me! every week in JOU 101), but I'm going to go off the record and say that Gizmodo is trash

Kotaku is alright though, and Lifehacker is the only reason I have any involvement with Gawker/Kinja at all
    Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me! is a really good radio show, by the way, although my favourites on this NPR station are probably Sound Opinions, Studio 360 and Bullseye.
    Oh, and Radiolab and On the Media might be even better than those, but I miss them waaaay too often because Sunday and sleeping.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
  • I wish I could get a game design apprenticeship...
  • Know your lines? Of course you know your lines! But I don't want to just hear your lines...I wanna hear what's in YOUR SOULS!!
    Crystal said:

Just Noticed Game Theory videos come with the subtitle "The Smartest Show In Gaming." What a laugh. I say, despite enjoying FNaF videos, because I am animatronic garbage.

I love how their "culture expert" is fucking GaijinGoombah, who's only an "expert" because he went to Japan once and he decided to live stream his own wedding
  • edited 2015-09-17 15:16:26
    Know your lines? Of course you know your lines! But I don't want to just hear your lines...I wanna hear what's in YOUR SOULS!!
    I miss JewWario sometimes and I get sadness pangs every time I see him in older TGWTG videos

He got me into Rush because he'd stream music videos on his Twitch channel before his stream and one of them was for Subdivisions so now that song is very special to me