The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Lilly said:

man what is comedy central even going to do when Colbert leaves though

this
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    Anonus said:

Lilly said:

man what is comedy central even going to do when Colbert leaves though

this
    ah, cool
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Just saying this - The Weather Channel is not supposed to be "cool"
  • i wish to come up with a song lyric for this signature, but no song lyrics are coming to mind
    OOH YEAH

DO DO DO DO DODO DO DO

BABY BABY

DO DO DO DO DA DO DO DODO
  • [4:43:35 AM] tunes made in sands: I want to participate in an RP
    [4:43:38 AM] tunes made in sands: but I don't want to be the one to run it
    [4:43:41 AM] tunes made in sands: dilemmas dilemmas
  • i wish to come up with a song lyric for this signature, but no song lyrics are coming to mind
    the solution here, is to give your friends like eight bucks so they'll gm a campaign for you
  • My last TVTropes account was banned. Pshh.

Somebody must've tattled. Can't trust anyone nowadays.
    Spacey said:

the solution here, is to give your friends like eight bucks so they'll gm a campaign for you

Nah.
    darn

i would provide more insightful commentary than that but, it is 4 am and my insightful commentary level just takes a complete nose dive around like 1
  • I have somehow got a stomach bug.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    I will say that the head writer of the Daily Show, Elliot Kalan, is a really funny guy.

Jon Stewart's delivery can be irksome at times, but he has his moments.
  • edited 2014-08-28 09:11:15
    THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    if Twitter isn't going to ban all the misogynist trolls, it should just shut down for a week. I'm getting sick of this, and people may actually start dying because of their inaction (that is, unless the FBI is up to something we don't know about).
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    It makes me want to start watching SVU again. I want to see some creep-shaming.
  • Smee, Maiman, Doktar, Pavelier, Button-Lee, Juan Ovyu

I saw this picture on tumblr and everyone was replying like "Ebin, now I know which companies should I support", and I'm okay with most of them but please, for the love of all that's holy, do not actually give money to EA
  • kill living beings
    balls

of

steel
    Yeah, I'm tempted to delete that picture because fuck Zoe's haters
    Like, EA is the only company on the list that's actually bad as opposed to "pissing off the dudebros".
  • Jon Stewart is best when he's taking apart policies and pointing out inconsistencies and stuff like that.

However, sometimes his jokes simply hinge on his reacting to things, which doesn't always work and sometimes just feels very exaggerated.

I saw this picture on tumblr and everyone was replying like "Ebin, now I know which companies should I support", and I'm okay with most of them but please, for the love of all that's holy, do not actually give money to EA

sweet, now i know which developers to trumpet about buying stuff from

note that i didn't say "buy stuff from", i just said "trumpet about buying stuff from"

also, the word "circlejerk" can go fuck itself
  • who the fuck is jontron anyway and why do i care about him
  • kill living beings
    is that image actually real it seems trolly, anyway

who the fuck is jontron anyway and why do i care about him

video game jokeman
  • > Welcome to JonTron, a show about bad movies and video games and a guy who likes to yell at them!

>
    The latest from JonTron (@JonTronShow). Welcome to JonTron: A comedy show about a guy, his parrot, and his penchant for yelling at rotten media.

okay, i don't give a fuck anymore
  • Serious comment: I'm just not a fan of this whole meme of people overreacting to media they consider bad.

AVGN started it though ironically he's pretty controlled about it.  He has his little acted segments and he'll use strong language but that's about it.  On the other hand, there's a number of other youtube personalities who seem to really enjoy yelling at shit.

Incidentally, same reason why I'm not a huge fan of Jon Stewart.
  • YES I JUST TOOK ON JONTRON AND JON STEWART AT THE SAME TIME

SUCK IT
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    The Game Grumps (post-JonTron, amsuingly) did an amusing skewering of the "overreact to bad video games" thing:

• My dreams exceed my real life

The Game Grumps (post-JonTron, amsuingly) did an amusing skewering of the "overreact to bad video games" thing:

This is the only Game Grumps video I really like.
  • edited 2014-08-28 11:22:07
    Munch munch, chomp chomp...

YES I JUST TOOK ON JONTRON AND JON STEWART AT THE SAME TIME

SUCK IT

Shock and awe. Agreed on the word circlejerk too, somewhat.

I've gotten more middling on the Game Grumps as I've watched them over the years. Still, this is a pretty good skewering of those wannabes. 

^^/^ I really like the Arin/Danny dynamic. Much more than Arin and Jon, by this point.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    https://twitter.com/bitcoin_txt/status/504797493000163330

I laughed aloud.

Crystal said:

I've gotten more middling on the Game Grumps as I've watched them over the years.

Crystal said:

I really like the Arin/Danny dynamic. Much more than Arin and Jon, by this point.

Same.
    One of you has just let me know that the bookstores may have our copy of Frankenstein miscategorized in their History section instead of the English one.
    The idea of Frankenstein as a historical event instead of a work of fiction amuses me more than it should
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Well, I dislike Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert, the daily show and Saturday night live; all that kind of stuff, just as much as I dislike Rush Limbaugh and Glen Beck.

You can be political, funny, or worth listening to, but only one of those things.
  • Well, I can't speak for your tastes, but I don't see any reason why the sets of people saying political opinions, people saying funny things, and people saying things worth listening to are mutually exclusive.
  • edited 2014-08-28 12:33:53
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    lee4hmz said:

Like, EA is the only company on the list that's actually bad as opposed to "pissing off the dudebros".

it does neglect to mention that BioWare is a division of EA, but what can you expect from dudebros

/beside the point
    Also, a lot of the complaints the dudebros are giving about Anita and Zoe are, no surprise, made up from whole cloth by a spinmaster. In Anita's case, the source seems to be a YouTube atheist-turned-MRA called "thunderf00t", who borrowed Rush Limbaugh's tried-and-true technique to stir up the base: 
    1. Read the article's headline
    2. Guess at the content; don't bother reading the article or watching the video
    3. Decide that what it's criticizing isn't that bad or is somehow a lie, and generate a list of talking points
    4. Write or produce a communique with said talking points included
    5. Watch as your dittoheads spread the talking points everywhere, in an attempt to shut down any rational discussion

• image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    A lot of guys seem hung up on "ANITA STOLE THE MONEY AND RAN". (We will conveniently ignore the fact that she... well, didn't.)
    They're even trying to second-guess the screenies of the threats she posted. They are so obsessed with blaming the victim that they even want to believe that she made up death threats against herself. 

This is going into Illuminati territory. Worse for the dudebros, it's well into The First Law of Holes territory. 
    Of course, it also dovetails nicely with MRA/AVFM theory that all women are out to get men in the same way...
  • And am I born to die?
    And lay this body down?
    And as my trembling spirits fly
    Into a world unknown

A land of deeper shade
    Unpierced by human thought
    The dreary region of the dead
    Where all things are forgot

Soon as from earth I go
    What will become of me?
    Eternal happiness or woe
    Must then my fortune be

Waked by the trumpet's sound
    I from my grave shall rise
    And see the Judge with glory crowned
    And see the flaming skies
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.

is that image actually real it seems trolly, anyway

poe's law, man
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    moo
    cow on the internet, watch out
  • kill living beings
    blue
  • i am holding in my hand a check for 1700 dollars
  • kill living beings
    who's a good boy? who's a good boy?
  • i wish it was me
    what are you going to do with that check
  • pay my tuition

what is left over will go to visiting my beau, getting a bus card and getting myself a haircut
  • edited 2014-08-28 13:38:31
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)

Cats are just mean. I mean, alligators can't even reach their snouts with their arms, so how is the poor victim supposed to apply a band-aid?

And the people all root for the cat.

And again, but with a gharial, who eat fish and thus are not dangerous to cats. 

Man, this explains my inexplicable fear of naney.
    CATS